Which week in October?

disneycouple07

If you had to pick a week to visit WDW in October, what would it be and why? We normally go second week of September or early December.

Tinkerfan4ever

Well... since I am going in October and did pick a week, I will give you my opinion. :)

We are going the second to last week. Oct 18-25. We love that week because crowds are manageable, the weather is great, and we get to partake in the Food & Wine Festival and MNSSHP. We go that week because our kids have a long weekend that week and they only miss 3 days of school as compared to 5.

Now keeping that in mind we have also gone the last week of October. This year it would be Oct 25 to Nov 1. I actually preferred that week, because I did feel the crowds were lower. We loved it for the same reasons as above, but the lower crowds made it even better.

Upvote 0

Cmoto

Is there really a difference in weeks in October??? I'm thinking of a first time visit for my sister and I for the week of October 5th thru 10th???

Any thoughts of crowds during that week??

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

We've been the first week, second week (Columbus Day weekend), and the last week (Halloween). We prefer the last week...definitely less crowded and you have F&W, MNSSHP, and Halloween at the resorts (pumpkin decorating contests, trick-or-treating, cookie decorating, etc...)

Upvote 0

JohnD

I'd go the week of late Sept/early Oct (Sept. 28 - Oct. 6). I did the comparable week last year. You could get a MNSSHP done on Sunday 9/28, for example, then still have F&W festival during the week. Crowds are "smaller" (in relative terms) then. Of course, your call if you want to experience Halloween when crowds will definitely be larger, especially for MNSSHP.

Upvote 0

Cmoto

We don't plan on doing the F&W, but would like to do the Halloween party........I was just thinking it would be less crowed the beginning of the month than closer to the actual day of Halloween!!! Guess I'll find out!:D

Upvote 0

WDW 3

We used to go starting about the 17th because of a school break and always enjoyed the weather and crowds were not terrible. Considering our 1st trip was over Easter! Last time it was just 2 of us and we were there over Halloween and also thought the crowds were a bit lighter than mid October. Something cool about going to the party on Halloween!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom