Which theatre-attraction would you not want Disney to close?

Which Theatre Attraction Would You Want Open the Most?

• Muppet*Vision/Tough to Be a Bug/PhilharMagic

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Tiki Room/Country Bears/Carousel of Progress

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Streetmosphere Shows

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding Nemo The Musical

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Festival of the Lion King

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • EPCOT Films (France, China, Canada, Awesome Planet, Festival)

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • The American Adventure/Hall of Presidents

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Singalong Celebration!

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
If Disney were to open back up with limited capacity stuff, it could include the closing of indoor theatre-attractions (and possibly outdoors). Which theatre-attraction would you be most upset about, if Disney had to close it? (Offering only one-option to choose because I like to see results. Sorry!)

I had to group things up because not everything could fit. I also excluded nighttime spectaculars, since that would probably snag up a bunch of votes.

Specify if yours is grouped or not listed!

--Sidenote, my 2nd pick would be Voices of Liberty, which I'd classify under Streetmosphere even though it's in a building. It would be a REAL shame if we lost them.

jeanericuser001

I would be really mad if they eliminated impressions de france. That film has always been my go to for relaxing my mind and body after all the hard stress of a long day at epcot. Having to share it with beauty and the beast is already bad enough. The american adventure is pretty much safe as its sort of a living time capsule. Disney would never remove a living time capsule like that.

Mickey5150

Theaters are probably the easiest attractions to have open. They can block off rows, require a certain number of empty seats between groups or block off sections of seats. With the open design of many theater queues they can rope section off to keep groups apart. They can have x amount of people in the theater, x amount in the queue, an then a cast member at the door not allowing more people to enter until the next turn. All shows can switch to exact times so guests know when they can come back. Exiting the shows could be done 1 row at a time to keep people apart. Any theater that has a water or mist effect then can replace it with sanitizer between shows to cleanse the theater. Side benefit, Disney fixes all the theaters.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
A more direct, easier way:

"What is your favorite theater attraction?"

The attraction you’d be most upset about being closed wouldn’t technically have to be your favorite, my dude. Country Bear Jamboree and American Adventure are my favorites.. but I’d be most upset about Nemo closing, because it’s the best quality Broadway-style show on property, and I like To take first-time goers that are theatre majors.

HongKongFooy

Country Bear Jamboree and American Adventure are my favorites.. but I’d be most upset about Nemo closing, because it’s the best quality Broadway-style show on property, and I like To take first-time goers that are theatre majors.

Nicely explained

For me,
Big Band Beat
American Adventure also.

thomas998

I think the reality is if large gatherings are not allowed then none of Disney will open. Close all those theater attractions and it still doesn't eliminate the biggest large gathering which would be the security and ticketing area to get into the park. Or the massive gathering of people on the ferries or standing in mass waiting for the monorails.

I expect that when it opens everything will open as it did before. The only question is when will that day be.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I didn't see it above but my vote goes to Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor! I feel like we will all need a good laugh when Disney opens back up!
Aw man I totally forgot that one! I love that one, too.

Out of all the shows, though, that one would probably be in the upper-middle ranking for me.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I think the reality is if large gatherings are not allowed then none of Disney will open. Close all those theater attractions and it still doesn't eliminate the biggest large gathering which would be the security and ticketing area to get into the park. Or the massive gathering of people on the ferries or standing in mass waiting for the monorails.

I expect that when it opens everything will open as it did before. The only question is when will that day be.

Here in South Carolina, grocery stores and Lowes have these big fancy stickers on the floors that tell people where to stand as they wait in line to distance themselves from people. That's all Disney would really need for security. Might be a really long line, but still.

I agree that closing the parks would be tough.

thomas998

Here in South Carolina, grocery stores and Lowes have these big fancy stickers on the floors that tell people where to stand as they wait in line to distance themselves from people. That's all Disney would really need for security. Might be a really long line, but still.

I agree that closing the parks would be tough.
Well lets look at the reality of the what social distancing would entail. You have a sticker on the ground and then 6 feet to the north 6 feet to the south, 6 to the east and 6 to the west... in essence you are standing all alone in the center of a 12 foot by 12 foot box... People would normally be standing in a way that took up 2 to 3 cubic feet per person... So generally that 12 by 12 box your person is standing in would have had at least 48 people in it all elbow to elbow just as they would be if they decided to jump on an elevator.

The area you have at the TTC is about 78,000 square feet and that include the space used for flowers, ticketing booths an everything else, but we'll just assume you could still use that space... 78,000 sounds like a lot until you divide by the 144 square feet each person now needs. That 78000 area is only big enough for 542 people if they all stand in their little social distance areas and that's if all the security has been moved around so that that is your new check point. If you use the normal area at the MK then you have a lot less space to deal with as that area is only about 4800 square feet until you are on the sidewalk area leading from the monorail stations and other loading/unloading areas... so there you would have enough space for a little over 30 people. Starting to see the problem yet?

But let's say Disney decides to expand the TTC area and use half the parking lots too... well now your problem will be the ferries. Remember you can't have people crammed on those the way they normally are you need 144 square feet boxes of safety for every guest. well a ferry's useable floor space is 4800 square feet so you can safely transport 33 people on each boat from one side to the other... normally it takes 600 per trip so you've now cut the capacity by over 95%. One trip would have taken 10 minutes to drop off 600 people now it will require 19 rides and since it takes that empty ferry 10 minutes to return to pick up the next load the full cost in time is 20 minutes... so your 600th passenger is no longer there 10 minutes after they arrive at the ferry dock, now they have to take 6 hours until they finally get to the entrance of MK.

The reality is social distancing cannot be used at Disney if you want Disney to have any guests. It is just never going to work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom