Which Ride...

horizons82

I wouldn't want to get stuck on space mountain, unless they could turn the lights on?

On our last trip a few weeks ago, we were stopped on the Peoplemover right on the section inside of Space Mountain where you can look up and see the tracks on both sides of the rocket with the two spacemen standing upside down on the bottom of it.

Anyhow, apparently Space Mountain had been stopped for whatever reason and the lights in SM were ON and it was really cool and interesting to see! Not only did we see SM with the lights on, but we also go to see them 're-start' the attraction by turning the lights off, turning on the ride soundtrack and making announcements when 'Side A' and 'Side B' were being started up again. It was pretty exciting to watch.

The peoplemover also started moving very shortly after this, so I'm thinking perhaps the Peoplemover may also have been stopped as a precaution while Space Mountain was started up again(?). I'm not sure why the PM would stop just because SM was stopped, but there really felt like there was some connection there that simply had to due with doing it for safety reasons.

Kuzcotopia

The Jungle Cruise would be funny. I'd like to see the pilot finally run out of bad jokes.

If Ellen's Energy Adventure ever got stuck. . . Well, IMO I already feel stuck on that every time I've ridden it.

CheshireCat12

Would not want to get stuck on:
MK- IASW (oh, that song...we were sitting maybe 5-6 min. and it was painful)
Epcot- M:S - motion sickness???
AK- Primeval Whirl- again with the motion...:depressed:
HS- don't know

Wouldn't mind getting stuck- TTA

NiarrNDisney

Well for obvious reasons I would never want to be stuck on "its a small world" ever again (happened before for almost 20 min.) Also I think my panic disorder would kick in overdrive if I was ever stuck on Mission Space, Rock n RollerCoaster, Space Mt, Star Tours or Tower of Terror.

As for rides I would not mind being stuck on I would have to go with Living with the Land because there is so much to look at and who know's maybe you would be allowed to exit the boat through the gardens and get a Behind the Seeds tour for free. Kilimanjaro Safaris would be great just to have more chances to see the animals up close and personal.
Also just to see the structures alone I think it might be neat to have to be evacuated from Expedition Everest, and Spaceship Earth though I probably would still end up freaking out.

gooftroop5

I could get stuck on and be happy with almost any ride at WDW. However, if I EVER get stuck on Rock N Roller Coaster there better be a rather large cocktail waiting for me with a rather strong sedative as a chaser. I can handle any animatronics, any nutty songs, any dark areas, any uncomfortable positions....but don't not being strapped into Rock N Roller Coaster.

Padraig

The "psychedelic tunnel" section of Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters held me captive for over five minutes last trip out. It was not good. Had to close my eyes as I started feeling really unwell. Got stuck on IASW for ten minutes the same day. A different kind of torture to Buzz, but still, Horrifying.

If I had to get stuck: Kilimanjaro Safaris

Last edited:

dbrWDW

would you WANT to get stuck on and which ride would you NOT want to get stuck on? We had this discussion last night at dinner, you had to name rides at all 4 parks, and we had some interesting responses. Thought it would be fun to see what others had to say.

I'd love to get stuck on Haunted Mansion, but I would never want to get stuck on It's a Small World. I can tell you from experience: it's not fun.

Figment1989

WANT:
Kilamanjaro - it would be interesting to see if any animals come to hang out.
Ellen's Energy Adventure - I'd like to look at details/sleep...and maybe get evac'd past the dinos!
Splash Mountain - The singing would get annoying, but I'd love to look at the details
TSM - extra play time!

NOT WANT:
Everest - Especially on the lift hill...I can barely open my eyes on that when it's moving - I can't imagine being stuck!
Mission Space - the claustrophobia would get me!
Space Mountain - been there, done that, wasn't fun
ToT - the wait would be the worst

melmel89

I would like to get stuck on-
TOT-It would add to the suspense
POTC-there is so much to take in so it would be nice to have a little extra time to look around
Soarin' - as long as they kept playing the movie to keep us entertained.
EE- just because i love it.

I would not like to get stuck on-
ISAW- That's my actual worst nightmare
GMR-especially the wizard of oz scene, munchkins freak me out.
Tricreatop spin- I could imagine it would get boring really quickly.
Mission Space- just the thought of it makes me feel :hungover:

awheartsdw

Original Poster
I had said I would like to get stuck on:
MK-Haunted Mansion
Epcot-Soarin'
HS-TOT
AK-Safari

I would not like to get stuck on:
MK-Tomorrowland Speedway. The smell of the gas and roasting on the hot pavement did not appeal to me.
Epcot-Spaceship Earth. Like many others, we have also been stuck going backwards on the descent back down the sphere and it sucks.
HS-Backlot Studio Tour
AK-Rapids

We had a lot of fun answering this during dinner. Here's to hoping we didn't jinx ourselves when we go next month!

tinkerblonde11

Love to get stuck on:
MK: TTA (where you can see Buzz or SM)
Epcot: Maelstrom
AK: Dinosaur
HS: GMR

Hate to get stuck on:
MK: IASW
Epcot: Soarin'
AK: EE
HS: RnR

JiminyandTink

Want to get stuck on
MK - PotC
Epcot - SSE
DHS - ToT (queue anwyaws)
AK - Kilimanjaro Safaris

NOT want to get stuck on
MK - Tiki Room
Epcot - Mission: Space!!!
DHS - RnRC (upside down that is... "Du, Du, Du, Dude screams like a lady":p)
AK - Primeval Hurl

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom