Which ride is likely to close at Magic Kingdom?

Which ride in your opinion is more likely to close in the near future?

• Country Bear Jamboree

Votes: 56 30.3%
  • Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Carousel of Progress

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Swiss Family Treehouse

Votes: 38 20.5%
  • Enchanted Tiki Room(reverted back to old form)

Votes: 45 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NewfieFan

So, it'll still be open on 12/1/10? That's good. My kids have never been on it. So at least they'll get to experience it before it goes.

I tried to get my kids on it this past trip and it actually had a wait! FL seems really crowded now... I don't know if it's b/c Small World was closed and walled off or it's b/c there are walls everywhere else but she was packed in Sept. (and that's not usual for this time of year).

As to the OT, I would vote for SGE (besides for Snow White)! That ride just needs to go!

devoy1701

This poll is missing quite a bit of good choices. Stitch would be my #1 choice based on what I've seen and the fact that the effects have been hit or miss lately and it rarely draws a crowd anymore.

I think it would be a smart choice to remove/move Aladdin as well, though besides placement, there is nothing actually wrong with the ride. It eats up people very well and most always has a line and operates at full capacity.

I can't see the logistics of removing the structure of the Swiss Family Robinson tree. As someone pointed out, there isn't ever any downtime for the attraction, and it easily keeps people busy for 10-15 minutes. Kids love being able to trek through the treehouse, and their is movie tie in to the original, plus there were rumors of a remake coming soon. It also really doesn't take up that much space, and since it's bordered by bodies of water (even though the canal isn't used currently) I'm not sure what kind of attraction could replace it.

As for CBJ...there may not be much of a line, but the bears regularly play to a packed theater. I can't say the same for CoP, but I hope that the nostalgia factor keeps this one in the park for a very long time.

New2WDW

OUt of those listed I would see CBJ as the one to provide the most potential as far as location and impact to that part of the park. This area in Frontierland really needs something big IMHO.

Club34

I'm beyond appalled. I never raise my voice on this fine forum, but....

KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF THAT F-ING TREE!!! :mad:

There I said it. Theres nothing that would really fit there anyway right? There's water features and theming that contribute to making AL what it is. I don't care what you do with stitch or even the laugh floor [although innovative, its the same premise as the talking garbage can and we don't have to waste a building for that].

sorry its just how i feel.:lookaroun

BrerFrog

Who's to say. That's Phase 5 of the FLE project and they are only on Phase 1 right now.

Phase 5??? I am starting to feel the project won't be fully completed for another decade. :lol:

I don't see any of those rides going down. CBJ, CoP and the Tiki Room are classics, and the latter could be easily fixed by removing Zazu and Iago from that mess.

The Laugh Floor is based on a very strong Pixar franchise that is about to get a second movie. As for the Treeshouse, well, it is not bothering anyone and I guess operation costs aren't exactly high.

DocMcHulk

Who's to say. That's Phase 5 of the FLE project and they are only on Phase 1 right now.

I was told there are no plans for it in the near future. The wording was rather vague though. The person (who I trust) left it open for closing in a few years.

ryguy

I think stitch is the most likely to go. After Snow White of Course since that seems like a done deal.

I know this won't be popular, but I actually like the Laugh floor. :shrug:

I would like to see COP moved to another area of the world, maybe Downtown or Epcot. The race cars need to be redone with cars of the future not 1970 clunkers.

IMOP Tomorrowland could use something new, it seems stale to me.

Allioop

I think it should be SGE or the Tomorrowland cars (or at least update the ride).
My family made fun of me, but I really enjoyed the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor - then again, I followed the talking trash can around for a good 30 minutes too!

graphite1326

Since everyone here is in agreement, myself included, that Stitch needs to go, just how are the lines for the ride? That would be the deciding factor whether Stitch goes or not.

Maybe not. The lines were alawys pretty long for AE and they got rid of that.

Bocko57

Rides that need to go are Stitch and Magic Carpet. With the size of Stitch, they could do so much there. And for the Magic Carpet ride, I am not sure what they could replace it with but since it has been there I have only rode it once. Let them be gone.

It will be sad to see Snow White go. Yes, it is old technology but it is a classic and still gets a crowd. And it would be good to see the Tiki Room go back to its original form.

My 2 cents.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Rides that need to go are Stitch and Magic Carpet. With the size of Stitch, they could do so much there. And for the Magic Carpet ride, I am not sure what they could replace it with but since it has been there I have only rode it once. Let them be gone.

It will be sad to see Snow White go. Yes, it is old technology but it is a classic and still gets a crowd. And it would be good to see the Tiki Room go back to its original form.

My 2 cents.

I rarely see a wait more than 5 mins for Snow White, even on busy days :shrug:

lownalo

Since everyone here is in agreement, myself included, that Stitch needs to go, just how are the lines for the ride? That would be the deciding factor whether Stitch goes or not.

Maybe not. The lines were alawys pretty long for AE and they got rid of that.

The thing for me is, if they decide to trash stitch, what do they put in its place? It's not a very large area, I don't think you could put a dark ride it there, you would probably have to have something like AE or SGE. To me that's where the failing has been so far, AE was too dark for children, SGE was too cheesy.

juscet

Disney would never get rid of any ride or attraction that Walt Disney, himself, played a part in. Close Stitch's Great Escape or the Speedway (or give it a Cars theme).:)

devoy1701

The thing for me is, if they decide to trash stitch, what do they put in its place? It's not a very large area, I don't think you could put a dark ride it there, you would probably have to have something like AE or SGE. To me that's where the failing has been so far, AE was too dark for children, SGE was too cheesy.

It's by no means not small either. You have 2 theaters, the Preshow area, the indoor queue area, and if needed the Merchant of Venus area that could be consumed to make way for a new attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom