Which Restaurants after Early Park Closure?

NiarrNDisney

Out of the ones open now or in general?

Boardwalk/Crescent Lake from the restaurants that are open now I would choose

Il Mulino
Kimonos
Trattoria al Forno

Disney Springs Pretty much everything is open so I would either go to an old favorite or try something new*

The Boathouse*
City Works*
Frontera Cocina*
Homecomin'
Jaleo*
Morimoto Asia*
Raglan Road
Splitsville

Resorts I don't know the schedule of when all the resorts will be opening to include their restaurants so I will pick from the options that are open now.

Grand Floridian Cafe (GFR)
Olivia's (OKW)
Sanaa (AKL-KV)

Wave (CR)

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Keep in mind how you're going to get back to wherever you came from. If you're driving you don't want to leave your car in EPCOT parking, go to the boardwalk for dinner then you're hosed getting back to your car. I speak from experience :) Uber/Lyft are great options to avoid this.

JohnD

Original Poster

Boardwalk/Crescent Lake from the restaurants that are open no I would choose

Il Mulino
Kimonos
Trattoria al Forno

Disney Springs Pretty much everything is open so I would either go to an old favorite or try something new*

The Boathouse*
City Works*
Frontera Cocina*
Homecomin'
Jaleo*
Morimoto Asia*
Raglan Road
Splitsville

Resorts I don't know the schedule of when all the resorts will be opening to include their restaurants so I will pick from the options that are open now.

Olivia's (OKW)
Sanaa (AKL-KV)

Wave (CR)

Currently open. Thanks for the list.

JohnD

Original Poster

Boardwalk/Crescent Lake from the restaurants that are open no I would choose

Il Mulino
Kimonos
Trattoria al Forno

The Boathouse*
City Works*
Frontera Cocina*
Homecomin'
Jaleo*
Morimoto Asia*
Raglan Road
Splitsville

Olivia's (OKW)
Sanaa (AKL-KV)

Wave (CR)

Yeah. I've already made ADRs for GF Cafe (breakfast before MK) and Sanaa (dinner after AK close).

JohnD

Original Poster
Keep in mind how you're going to get back to wherever you came from. If you're driving you don't want to leave your car in EPCOT parking, go to the boardwalk for dinner then you're hosed getting back to your car. I speak from experience :) Uber/Lyft are great options to avoid this.

I'm driving directly to EPCOT before checking in. I have an ADR at Via Napoli at 5:30 that evening. So going back to the car and resort afterward.

Herdman

Our ADR's are made too. Our DS choices won't be everyone's for sure, but they fit our families tastes and wants:

Polite Pig - (QS so no ADR. Our first time but have heard great things about it)
Homecomin' - Fried chicken, do I need to say more?
Raglan Road - first time here also. Should be a fun place to eat.
House of Blues - First time here too. Have been to other locations once or twice
T-Rex - our daughter loves the atmosphere, and we think the food is better than a lot of people say.

UNCgolf

I'm normally a big proponent of the Boardwalk, but with Flying Fish and Jellyrolls closed I don't think there's much reason to go there at the moment. Of course, if you're going to have kids with you, you probably wouldn't be going to either of those places anyways.

I'd second the Polite Pig suggestion at Disney Springs. It's quick service so no reservation required, but it's a full meal with plenty of options and might be the best restaurant at DS regardless of QS/table service status.

Pizza Ponte is also a good choice if you just want to grab some pizza -- the menu on Disney's website makes it look like they only sell by the slice along with a couple of sandwiches, but when I was in there they had other sandwiches and types of pizza available plus you could order a full pizza. I think they must do several things weekly and the things on the Disney website are just the items they always have. Some people would tell you Blaze, but Pizza Ponte is much higher quality (plus you can get Blaze basically anywhere).

The only table service meal I've had at DS was at the Boathouse, and I wasn't impressed. The food wasn't great and it's quite expensive.

JohnD

Original Poster
I'm normally a big proponent of the Boardwalk, but with Flying Fish and Jellyrolls closed I don't think there's much reason to go there at the moment. Of course, if you're going to have kids with you, you probably wouldn't be going to either of those places anyways.

I'd second the Polite Pig suggestion at Disney Springs. It's quick service so no reservation required, but it's a full meal with plenty of options and might be the best restaurant at DS regardless of QS/table service status.

Pizza Ponte is also a good choice if you just want to grab some pizza -- the menu on Disney's website makes it look like they only sell by the slice along with a couple of sandwiches, but when I was in there they had other sandwiches and types of pizza available plus you could order a full pizza. I think they must do several things weekly and the things on the Disney website are just the items they always have. Some people would tell you Blaze, but Pizza Ponte is much higher quality (plus you can get Blaze basically anywhere).

The only table service meal I've had at DS was at the Boathouse, and I wasn't impressed. The food wasn't great and it's quite expensive.

I am going to Boardwalk after AK closure. Eventually. . . I'm driving to AK at park open and am driving to Sanaa for dinner afterward. I have a "dinner" reservation at Beaches & Cream after Sanaa. Of course, it's not dinner. It's dessert.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom