Which Restaurant to Pay for Out of Pocket?

StupidJudy

Original Poster
So my boyfriend and I are leaving for Disney in 10 days and I am SO excited. We purchased the DDP for 7 days and I had booked 7 table service meals. However, at the last minute I decided to book a second TS for HS since there's limited things to do there with all the construction going on! My question for everyone is, which of the following restaurants would you pay for out of pocket, rather than using one of the DDP credits for? I'm leaning toward 50's Primetime since it's on the cheaper side and also our only lunch, but I haven't been to the Skipper Canteen or Whispering Canyon before so I'm not sure how prices are there!

Raglan Road- dinner
Boma- dinner
Jungle Cruise Skipper Canteen- dinner
50's Primetime- lunch
Sci Fi- dinner
Whispering Canyon- dinner
San Angel Inn- dinner
Ohana- dinner

belledream

It really depends on what you plan to eat at these places. Just do the math and you should have your answer. :) 50's entree prices are pretty average whereas other places like Sci Fi or Skipper Canteen have lower and higher prices so it depends if you want a steak...or chicken/a sandwich. Have fun!!

SDisney90

Every so often my girlfriend and I do this as well. We have the DDP but sometimes a TS we decide to go to really isn't worth spending a credit on IE Via Napoli. To dine here for the both of us if we wanted to share a pizza, it would cost 2 credits. The pizza we usually get ranges from 30-40 with tip- a complete waste of 2 credits.

Now for your situation it's one of those things where you should really look at the menus online and figure out what you *might* eat while you dine there. IMO Boma and Ohana should be used with credits since they are more expensive and I believe over 35-40 per person. 50's prime time on the other hand you can get the most expensive entree dish for $23.00. Good luck!

Johnguelff

For us, to not go to Sci-fi AND 50's Diner is to die. Both a must for me and wife. I cant pick a favorite for theming but the stuffed pork chop at 50's is my favorite food in the park.

PrincessL

I would say your lunch ADR is probably the one I would pay out of pocket for. Typically the lunch and din menus are pretty similar but at a slightly cheaper price point during lunch hours. We use the rule of thumb that each TS credit is worth $37 for entree, drink & dessert (based on 2016 DDP). So, look at the menus and determin where to use them. Have fun:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom