Which Resort

cjnettles

Original Poster
We are currently booked or CSR for 6/8-6/15-2018 but may be considering another resort. I am just not too happy with the construction, it seems it may be a bit more intrusive than I would like. We have stayed at POFQ and loved the resort, hated the bus service, this was about four years ago, does anyone think it has gotten better, or we could upgrade to AKL for only $280 more for the week, and we have never stayed there before.

Would love some feedback.

Thanks
CJ

DisneyDoug85

We stayed at AKL in the Fall of '16 and absolutely loved it. Would definetely recommend it. Having said that, theres just something about Wilderness lodge that i love. I've stayed there three times and we're staying there again this November. So my top two recommendations would be WL and AKL.

OneofThree

We stayed at AKL in the Fall of '16 and absolutely loved it. Would definetely recommend it. Having said that, theres just something about Wilderness lodge that i love. I've stayed there three times and we're staying there again this November. So my top two recommendations would be WL and AKL.

I concur 100%. We just returned from our first stay at WL. We booked there just because it was one of the few resorts we hadn't experienced yet, and quite honestly did not expect anything spectacular. We were wrong! There is just something special about it -I agree. AKL -the best collection of restaurants on property.

Skibum1970

From AKL, how long is the bus ride to the Magic Kingdom or EPCOT? I know that there was a thread for these but can't remember.

BoarderPhreak

Upgrading to AKL would be a no-brainer; it's a beautiful resort. But yes, it's a bit removed from all but AK and HS. The bus stops at Kidani Village and Jambo House, then on to the parks. MK, obviously, is the most distant - and it's a bit of a schlepp. Epcot is better and not too bad, but count on a good 15m.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Whatever you choose, don't forget the nice & popular Resort parking fee!
People seem to be making a big deal of this, and I think for the majority of people staying on property its really not a huge deal. Yes, I don't like seeing it, but like countless others, I don't rent a car, or drive to the resort, so its a non-issue.

Another point, I've stayed at number of hotels in cities, that have parking fees, so its not something that Disney is doing and no one else ever had.

Also why bring it up, since the OP hadn't mentioned driving, there's nothing that can be done about it, and it doesn't answer any of his/her questions

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom