Which resort to stay in?

jben24

Original Poster
I have stayed in Pop Century the last 3 times to Disney World, but am finding out that I need to upgrade to a moderate resort. Which one? I have stayed at Caribbean Beach in 2000, but the reviews are not great lately. I have an 8 year old. Where do I stay?

disneygirl1

^^^ I have a 8 yr. old as well, and our favorite moderate resort is Coronado Springs. The Dig Site pool is great and he always is able to find something to eat at the Pepper Market! While I have have never stayed there, I hear that a lot of people have wonderful things to say about Port Orleans. On the plus side, all the rooms at CSR were just refurbed too! Good luck choosing :wave:

amypooh

I recommend Port Orleans French Quarter. Great kid-oriented pool, boat ride to DD, and (most importantly for kids) - the resort is so small you can literally reach any part of it in 5-10 minutes.

Cosmic Commando

I don't think there is a bad choice among the mods, but I'd probably recommend POFQ as well. You know that you won't get stuck too far away from the lobby/food court, which bothers some people at sprawling resorts like Coronado and Caribbean Beach. The boat to DTD is nice, and you can walk to the food court at POR to mix it up a bit if you want. Plus, I have very fond memories of that pool from when I was 8-10.

100_8473.jpg

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it has the most theming of any pool on-property. All the gators, the way the serpent's body pops up all around the pool before you get to the head and slide down the tongue... what's not to love?

natashaandbrad

I have an 8 year old boy and a 5 year old girl. We are staying at the Fort Wilderness cabins in April for my son's birthday. It will be our first time staying there. He loves fishing and camping so the cabin is our compromise. (I hate camping) We are not that into the swimming pools so, I didn't base my decision on the pools at all. My thought process was I wanted somewhere fun to come back to after the parks and on our day off from the parks I figured he could do some fishing and the campfire thing in the evening. We will see how it goes!!!!

drossjr

I have stayed in Pop Century the last 3 times to Disney World, but am finding out that I need to upgrade to a moderate resort. Which one? I have stayed at Caribbean Beach in 2000, but the reviews are not great lately. I have an 8 year old. Where do I stay?

Port Orleans Riverside is great, its a large resort but it has alot of pools and bus stops and if you get a rental car the size of the place doesnt matter. French Quarter is nice too but I prefer Riverside

WDW_Emily

Second vote for POFQ my sister is 10 and she really loves the pool theming and the whole resort. Personally, I don't like CBR. stayed back in 2007 don't think were going back.

disney*princess

i think the poly would be a great place for your family to stay, the pools are brilliant, your daughter can build sand castles on the beach, (fun for the whole family) you can watch the fire work show in the magic kingdom (wishes) from the resort beach at night, it really is one of the best hotels on property..

old key west is also a great choice..

docdebbi

i would not put too much credence on reviews, i have stayed at caribbean beach and loved the place. the pool is great for the kids, and the decor is very nice. at least when we were there, it was immaculately clean, well kept, and very pleasant. there are certainly fun places to go when you come home at the end of the day if you are looking for "someplace fun". i have stayed almost every moderate and deluxe on the property, and was very happy at cbr. we stayed in trinidad south, while a long walk to the center, it was quiet, isolated feeling, and in the mornings, you go out your door and all that is there are the creek, trees, mist on the creek and wildlife, it was my five minutes of heaven every morning before getting the others up and the craziness started.
if you are definitely decided against cbr, i agree with cabins at fort wilderness, just there in february with 8, 6, and 2 year olds, they had a blast, get a golf cart and drive around through all the loops and see how folks decorate their sites. lots of play areas, pool nothing special, but still fun, lots of outdoor activities, you'll never run out of things to do.

Disneykidder

Check out the WDW web site and look at what ameneties will work best for you and your family.

I have stayed at CBR, CSR and POR. LOVED them all but my fav was CSR. It was beautiful. The food court was different but yummy, the pool was awesome and the rooms were nice. It is large so a walk may be in order, depending on where in the resort you stay.

I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the mods. On our next trip, we want to stay at CBR in the Pirate rooms...maybe your 8 year old would like that?

dreamscometrue

Stayed at them all and enjoyed them all. Our fav, by far however, is Coronado Springs. We just like the pyramid pool and dig site area, theming and grounds best there.

mickey2008.1

I like cbr for the mods. Clean rooms, great pool area with two waterslides, private pools for each section of the resort, nice cabana bar, never far from transportation, and if you need to be close to the food court, there are four buildings to chose from, just ask when you check in, we have never been denied a request for room location.

harveyt0206

We just stayed at Coronado Springs last month and I loved it. It was my first time staying at a mod. I was most concerned about the bus service but our service was phenomenal. We never waited for a bus for more than 10 minutes, whether coming to or coming from the resort. Plus, I thought it was simply lovely. Great atmosphere and nice refurbished rooms.

gpzjack

Port Orleans FQ. I like the pool and no matter where your room is its not a very long walk to the buses like some of the others....the buses go thru riverside too but at the end of the night i found it was always the first stop going home....the ability to go to downtown disney via a couple minute boat ride is a plus as well.

You should absolutely 100 % without a doubt stay at the carribean beach resort.... I have gone for the last 12 years straight ( most recently in march ) and haven't had a single complaint! My three kids love it and there is so much to do! The reviews on tripadvisor are false it is GREAT!!

Dad 2 M & M

Just out of curiousity, why do you need to upgrade?

wiigirl

I recommend Port Orleans French Quarter. Great kid-oriented pool, boat ride to DD, and (most importantly for kids) - the resort is so small you can literally reach any part of it in 5-10 minutes.

One of my favorite resort. Always a good time. :)
75.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom