Which Resort Requires A New Theme Room.?

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning Everyone..Now blame @HouCuseChickie for giving me this idea..As you know many resorts have rooms that are themed..example..CBR Pirate rooms..PORS Royal rooms..But what resort do you think would benefit from a theme room.? And what theme would you suggest.?:inlove:..I'am gonna steal @HouCuseChickie idea here..She thought one of my threads yesterday was about a themed Pixie room..:eek: What a awesome idea..Now I love to visit other resorts on site whilst on vacation,and last year we had an ADR for Cali Grill..I have always found the look of this resort to be cold.( sorry contemp fans ) It reminds me of a set of house flats in Glasgow.:( Now to my idea..I would have a top floor,overlooking MK,with Pixie themed rooms..I know that they pipe the Wishes music onto the roof top via speakers during the fireworks..This would be awesome if the Pixie rooms had this also..( pray tell me they don't have this already )..Anyway..What resort at Disney do you think would benefit from a themed room,and what theme would you give it..?;)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
re-theme all the rooms @ POR (both sections) to Faries.Make Mr Hatter feel right at home.;)
I think in honesty that there should be less themed rooms and just well done resorts with appropriate rooms.for example a "world showcase resort" where the different sections of the resort are themed to the country they portray (Kinda like EPCOT but a hotel)...

zurgandfriend

The contemporary rooms are themed, they're Contemporary. The rooms are very modern in they're furnishings. The bathroom is very modern. The other Magic Kingom resorts are themed already as well, the Polynesian the Wilderness Lodge and the Grand Floridian are already furnished and decorated to there basic theme no need to tamper with it.

sgtmgd

The contemporary rooms are themed, they're Contemporary. The rooms are very modern in they're furnishings. The bathroom is very modern. The other Magic Kingom resorts are themed already as well, the Polynesian the Wilderness Lodge and the Grand Floridian are already furnished and decorated to there basic theme no need to tamper with it.
Good Point..I think places like Art of Animation are..PoP and the like are where those type of rooms are best kept..The Deluxe rooms are already themed to fit hte resort...lol dont mess with my beloved Boardwalk.

epcotisbest

re-theme all the rooms @ POR (both sections) to Faries.Make Mr Hatter feel right at home.;)
I think in honesty that there should be less themed rooms and just well done resorts with appropriate rooms.for example a "world showcase resort" where the different sections of the resort are themed to the country they portray (Kinda like EPCOT but a hotel)...
Great idea. World Showcase type hotel...put it where WOL used to be, with its own access to monorail and Future World, or put it smack dab in the middle of World Showcase...and go ahead and make it a DVC in order to off the maximum number of people!..of course I am kidding, but the World Showcase Resort idea is a winner.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Great idea. World Showcase type hotel...put it where WOL used to be, with its own access to monorail and Future World, or put it smack dab in the middle of World Showcase...and go ahead and make it a DVC in order to off the maximum number of people!..of course I am kidding, but the World Showcase Resort idea is a winner.
I agree..I'll have the Mexican theme room please.:p

HouCuseChickie

So, I'm to blame @real mad hatter ;) LOL:D What's funny is that I love the Contemporary as it is...from Mary Blair's mural to the tiled lit hearth underneath the tvs in each room.

I think the problem with the current themed rooms is that the target audience really feels like it's kids. I like @epcotisbest 's idea for World Showcase inside of a hotel. I would probably do that more like the way they approached the Library Hotel in NYC...i.e. where each floor and room are their own theme/have unique styling. So, maybe floor 5 is Italy- with Rome rooms-Florence rooms- Venice rooms, the Tuscany and Amalfi suites, floor 6 is Mexico-same concept, etc.

OK- I have more ideas, but I really have to log in to my work stuff so I can work from home. Yay me! :)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I suppose pre-stocked with chocolate milk or some other traditional Mexican beverage?
Now yer talking! :) A fondue fountain with a tequila waterfall..and a small ice machine underneath..Some nice Maharaja music in the background..A small balcony with chilli plants so I can pick them fresh..Oh and a lime tree outside my window..Don Equis in the fridge...:eek: Am I asking too much.?:joyfull:

Zman-ks

I suppose pre-stocked with chocolate milk or some other traditional Mexican beverage?
75.gif

uhh...wut?

CheshireCat12

Now yer talking! :) A fondue fountain with a tequila waterfall..and a small ice machine underneath..Some nice Maharaja music in the background..A small balcony with chilli plants so I can pick them fresh..Oh and a lime tree outside my window..Don Equis in the fridge...:eek: Am I asking too much.?:joyfull:

Hatter, did you mean "Mariachi" music? :p I like the idea of a World Showcase resort too- that would be very interesting!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So, I'm to blame @real mad hatter ;) LOL:D What's funny is that I love the Contemporary as it is...from Mary Blair's mural to the tiled lit hearth underneath the tvs in each room.

I think the problem with the current themed rooms is that the target audience really feels like it's kids. I like @epcotisbest 's idea for World Showcase inside of a hotel. I would probably do that more like the way they approached the Library Hotel in NYC...i.e. where each floor and room are their own theme/have unique styling. So, maybe floor 5 is Italy- with Rome rooms-Florence rooms- Venice rooms, the Tuscany and Amalfi suites, floor 6 is Mexico-same concept, etc.

OK- I have more ideas, but I really have to log in to my work stuff so I can work from home. Yay me! :)

:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom