which resort for 5?

mikewdw

Original Poster
which resort recommendation for us? we are 5. kids 15, 13, 13.
trying pick between BC villa`WL villa (boulder) or Contempary garden wing
We have stayed in WL villa before and also BC main building and Contempary main building
any pros or cons to BC villa or garden wing that we may not know
thanks
mikewdw

LUVofDIS

My sister-in-law, brother-in-law and three nephews use to always stay in the Contemporary wing. They loved it. The best part for them was the Electrical Water Pageant, they just walked out of there room and could watch it. This was many years ago, the Pageant still passes by though. This would also be what I consider the second best of the three for transportation.

The Beach Club would have the best transportation, the boats to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. The pool here would be the best also. Though the Wilderness Lodge wouldn't be to far behind.

When it comes to theming, it would all be in what you like. Each has its charms.

With five guests, remember that the one bedroom villas accommodate up to four and the two bedroom villas accommodate up to eight. I think the one room bedrooms could sleep one more but the beds are (1) king and (1) queen sleeper sofa. No additional provisions are made for the fifth guest. The Contemporary garden wing sleeps up to five.

KeithVH

The one comment I can make is that Contempo garden is a LONG walk from everything. We got a steal of a deal on a room there and couldn't pass it up back in the mid 90's. Our youngest was 6 then and a trooper about the walk but we found we had to allocate 5-10 min extra time to anything to get somewhere. And it's more OK in the AM then when you're getting off the mono at 930pm and realize you still gotta walk a BUNCH more to get to relax.

nickys

Premium Member
A studio at either BCV or BRV would have a fold out sofa and a Murphy bed. And with 5 people, it would be a squash.

If it was a choice between a studio at either or the Garden Wing, I think I’d go with the latter.

Bear in mind that a 1 bed at BCV only sleeps 4 unless you’re a DVC Member or are renting - in which case there won’t be a bed for the 5th person. Strictly “byob” ( bring your own bed and bedding).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom