Which Resort do you prefer and why??

MattyFresh

Me, my wife, and another couple are talking about taking a trip in 2011.... we aren't sure as to which resort we want to stay at. We are looking at the Moderates, they have stayed at CBR and I have stayed at Riverside when it was Dixie Landings. We are kinda torn between....well all of the really. It seems to be that either CBR or FQ/riverside are the front runners. Any recommendation or thoughts about your stays at any of the moderate resorts

krankenstein

I would go with FQ or RS. FQ is a lot smaller than RS, which kind of gives it a nudge ahead of RS. However, I prefer the look and feel of RS. You just can't beat the Alligator Bayou section.

Upvote 0
I've stayed at 3 out of the 4 and my favorite is Riverside with FQ second and CBR 3rd (we haven't gotten to CSR yet). I love the scenery of Riverside it makes you feel like you're staying at a deluxe hotel with the beautiful manicured landscaping. Although the resort is big you don't get that feel like I did when staying at CBR. You have a quick boat trip to DTD which is nice too. Riverside also has the best food court of the 3 too, if you ask me. I stayed at FQ when my husband and I got engaged and it was perfect, smaller more intimate but now with I family I prefer Riverside. CBR seemed very spread out and didn't seem to have the same homey feeling to me as POR or FQ.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

I love CSR! THe queen beds, 42" LG lcd tv's and all the deluxe amenities are a bonus.

CSR is a large resort but as you mention, there are bus stops in each village. There are signs posted at each bus stop with instructions on how to use the buses to get to and from the main building if you do not want to walk. Park buses start at bus stop #2 and DtD and park exit buses start at bus stop #1.

Upvote 0

majorrfb

POFQ is the choice

POFQ is a very good value for the money. Nice rooms, resort "feel", especially good for families. But, as they say in real estate, "location, location, location." Easy to get from POFQ to everything!. First on the bus routes, so seats are always available. We have stayed on property of Disney deluxe hotels but we are drawn back to the French Quarter. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

drossjr

Me, my wire, and another couple are talking about taking a trip in 2011.... we aren't sure as to which resort we want to stay at. We are looking at the Moderates, they have stayed at CBR and I have stayed at Riverside when it was Dixie Landings. We are kinda torn between....well all of the really. It seems to be that either CBR or FQ/riverside are the front runners. Any recommendation or thoughts about your stays at any of the moderate resorts

Riverside is really nice and the surroundings and decor are great. Yes it's large but they have alot of bus stops if you dont get a rental car or bring your own. If you have a car it wont be a problem at all. FQ is smaller so if you need to walk its probably your best bet. CBR I haven't heard alot of great things about. I only have been there once and it was right around the time it first opened.

Upvote 0
I've stayed at all of them except CBR, and my favorite is absolutely Riverside. That place is my second home! I need to be staying there to make my vacation the absolute best. So pretty, and I love eating breakfast under the water wheel in the food court. That being said, FQ is quite nice too. I liked it better than Coronado Springs. Why? Apparently, I'm biased in favor of the Port Orleans Resorts. :D

Upvote 0

WDW 3

Size is important to me! FQ is smallest and we had a great time there. The Boats, one (only one) bus stop. We are always game for trying something other than the food court when we eat so complaints about the menu and size didn't bother us.

Upvote 0

corey154

I voted for FQ. It's our favorite b/c it's smaller, so even from the fartheset building it's not a bad walk to the food court area. Also it seems to be more quiet than other resorts. It's a boatride to DTD or to Riverside, sometimes we go over to Riverside to eat. We've never stayed at Riverside before and it looks beautiful, (we just go over to eat) but the buildings are so spaced that it seems like alot of walking. Our favorite food court area is FQ or Riverside. They both have good food and good selections.

If we don't have our kids my husband and I would pick Coranado Springs for our second choice. We enjoy sitting at the bar by the water and people watching and also the nightclub (although it is very expensive) was fun. One night on our way back to our room we just sat in a hammock together, it was very romantic. The queen size beds are nice too, my hubby is 6'5, so we're more comfortable in a queen vs full. I don't like the foodcourt here. So if you're one to eat at the resort food court area, you might want to factor that in.

CB is also a nice resort, but we had a room that was very far, to the point we had to walk under a road along the water to get to the foodcourt area from our room. We found it was quicker than waiting on the bus to make its way around but when you're vacation is filled with walking, I don't like the extra walking to refill my mug or grab a snack. My daughter really loved the pool there though. And if you request a room closer, I'm sure it'd be fine.

I personally think all the moderates are comparable and all nice resorts. I can say that I liked staying at all of them, it's just where your room is that makes a difference. I never had a problem at any of the Disney hotels I've stayed at.

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

I've only stayed at CSR and Dixie Landings (now POR). I chose CSR because it was just so relaxing and it was at a different point in my life. Dixie Landings was great too, but for different reasons.

CSR:
transportation
layout of areas
pool and kids area
Pool bar
Lake bar
Deluxe level amenities at moderate prices
A little less "Disney" at every single turn

Upvote 0

JillC LI

We loved the beach themed decor of CBR this past October. Ask for a room in Jamaica or Aruba to be near the foot bridge that brings you to Port Royale which is where the food court and the main pools are located. I've heard complaints about the bus system there, but we had a rental car so it wasn't an issue. If you won't have a car, you might want to consider that.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

I voted POR, as well, for all the little extras aside from the atmosphere (love Alligator Bayou)! Not only has it won awards for its detailed landscaping, it has a butterfly garden, Ol'Man Island with catch and release cane pole fishing, a kids' cruise down the river, Piano Man Bob in the lounge is definitely a family favourite, as well as the carriage rides and surry bikes :)

After next month, I'll be able to say I've stayed in all four and make better comparisons (here's to hoping CSR lives up to its hype!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom