Which parks to visit twice during Thanksgiving

Club Cooloholic

Looking for advice. We will have 6 days to use
3 during our stay at BWV
Break to UNI
3 during our stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani.
I can repeat 2 parks...Magic Kingdom and HS are current choices...but should I consider another, especially with Holiday stuff?

JIMINYCR

We would do MK if the time and days were limited. DHS would come in second due to the newly added attractions. Without the Osborne light/ music show, their holiday theming although good, still cant compare to what was always a big draw.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We are considering the same time frame and are doubling DHS and MK. We choose those two due to age of our son and our overall interests. Another factor was current limitations due to enhancements, aka construction, at Epcot and Covid (no park hopping).

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I say go to DHS twice because you want to get on ROTR and that may be hard to do.
Hard to do, doesnt get easier by going twice. The odds of getting a boarding pass on ROTR will be much worse for that time of year because of the higher guest numbers present all wanting to get one. Many guests that show up early and try, fail. If he wastes a ticket getting in just for ROTR and fails, that doesnt get him ahead.

Upvote 0

Schweino

We are going 11/27-12/5 and plan to do HS, MK and AK twice. Epcot once. Just depends on what you like. Personally I like HS more than MK, but Im a big star wars guy. Plus ToT and Rockin Roller are sweet rides as well. I would do HS > MK > AK > Epcot in order of priority for my self.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Hard to do, doesnt get easier by going twice. The odds of getting a boarding pass on ROTR will be much worse for that time of year because of the higher guest numbers present all wanting to get one. Many guests that show up early and try, fail. If he wastes a ticket getting in just for ROTR and fails, that doesnt get him ahead.
I hadn't considered that. I guess my hope is that with limited capacity, most people are getting on. It's the one time a Thanksgiving week might not be any more crowded than another.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

I hadn't considered that. I guess my hope is that with limited capacity, most people are getting on. It's the one time a Thanksgiving week might not be any more crowded than another.

ROTR seems to be running at a much lower capacity than pre-COVID. I think with the decreased attendance they're not running as many transports. So I think it's just as hard to get a BG right now. I'll find out next week!!

As far as parks to do twice, I would say MK. With no FP and no EMH, then lines are going to be pretty steady all day. With more to do at MK than the other parks, you might need more time there.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
ROTR seems to be running at a much lower capacity than pre-COVID. I think with the decreased attendance they're not running as many transports. So I think it's just as hard to get a BG right now. I'll find out next week!!

As far as parks to do twice, I would say MK. With no FP and no EMH, then lines are going to be pretty steady all day. With more to do at MK than the other parks, you might need more time there.
Please share how it goes next week!
We have HS and MK as our double day parks right now. I am tempted to swap in an extra day at AK for HS. We are doing HS the first day so ideally we see how much we get done, but my guess is by then all parks will be booked up for later that week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

Please share how it goes next week!
We have HS and MK right now. I am tempted to swap in an extra day at AK for HS. We are doing HS the first day so ideally we see how much we get done, but my guess is by then all parks will be booked up for later that week.

I'll definitely let you know! We will have 3 people trying for BG's so hopefully we will get in at least one ride. We have 2 days at HS for this reason. If we can get in the first day, we may swap for another park the second day. The crowds there have been pretty bad from what I've seen!

Upvote 0

Wendy Pleakley

If I were visiting WDW at that time I'd book HS for one day early in the trip. I'd accept the fact that I might not get on RoTR and chalk it up to the current reality. I'd convince myself to live with the fact that it might have to wait for a "normal" visit.

That way, you might be able to make a change and do a second HS day if you don't get a boarding pass, without committing up front to a second day in HS, which I can't imagine being necessary or appealing at all.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
MK is a given. I prefer every other park to HS. The food choices alone there don't inspire me to want to spend multiple days. However, I've not been there since SW:GE.
My fear, reading about these crowds is that HS will be so busy it won't be any fun, for some reason, I guess we can blame Galaxy's Edge it is the park that sells out first.

Upvote 0

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Ordinarily I'd say EPCOT. But without Candlelight and the storytellers - it's pot luck. You know the MK will be decorated, and I'm sure EPCOT will be as well. As sad as it is, I think the question comes down to which park you personally enjoy the most - leaving out the "holidays" factor. You'll get a little bit at each - but not as much as you've become accustomed to. Please do report back once your trip is over. I'm there the weekend of the 3rd -7th of December and would be curious to know.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Ordinarily I'd say EPCOT. But without Candlelight and the storytellers - it's pot luck. You know the MK will be decorated, and I'm sure EPCOT will be as well. As sad as it is, I think the question comes down to which park you personally enjoy the most - leaving out the "holidays" factor. You'll get a little bit at each - but not as much as you've become accustomed to. Please do report back once your trip is over. I'm there the weekend of the 3rd -7th of December and would be curious to know.
We love AKL, but that I feel pretty good we can spend a day there and hit everything where I think HS could take 2 days if crowded....but again if it is ridiculous crowded I don't know if that is all that appealing.

Upvote 0

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
We love AKL, but that I feel pretty good we can spend a day there and hit everything where I think HS could take 2 days if crowded....but again if it is ridiculous crowded I don't know if that is all that appealing.

I like Yak and Yeti. Get a Landry's card if you don't already have one. No ADR required with that. Plus if you or the SO happens to have a birthday that month - free $25.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I don't think that's a problem. They'll take $25 to apply for the card and give you an instant $25 credit. Then you'll get the $25 Birthday credit. Plus priority seating (No ADR). Rainforest (AK and DS), T-Rex, Yak and Yeti.

Every time I go to Vegas I say I am getting the card and forget(have stayed at the Gold Nugget for conventions and they have a Mccormick and Schmidts that's a Landry's. I'm gonna do it this time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom