Which park should we go to on the Saturday of Thanksgiving week?

mrsdtos

Original Poster
Hello!! We'll be staying at Port Orleans Riverside from Saturday Nov 24-Friday Nov 30. I realize that Saturday will probably still have a heavy crowd from Thanksgiving week. Which park do you suggest may be least crowded on Saturday?? We'll have a 4 yr old & 2 yr old with us. I'm thinking we should probably leave MK for during the week, right?! We're getting close to making ADR so I'm trying to figure out which park would be best to visit each day. Thanks!

mrsdtos

Original Poster
Do you think we should just wait until Sunday to start visiting parks?? Maybe hang around at the hotel or Disney Springs that first day? Will Sunday be crowded as well? Or will most people be checking out that day from the previous week?

WDWFan2018

Do you think we should just wait until Sunday to start visiting parks?? Maybe hang around at the hotel or Disney Springs that first day? Will Sunday be crowded as well? Or will most people be checking out that day from the previous week?

I think typically, it's a busy weekend but I have personally never been at that time. TBH, I would assume the entire weekend would be busy but I'm sure others will have better insight.

Wendy Pleakley

One thing to consider is waiting until you are able to make FastPass reservations for those days. If you can get your top choices at the MK, going there might make sense. It may still be busy, but you'll at least know the day won't be a complete write-off, so to speak.

Consider going to a park you know the family will enjoy, regardless of attraction wait times. Young kids might be entertained at Animal Kingdom just enjoying the Animals and atmosphere. Likewise for Epcot and World Showcase. Non-MK parks usually feel like there's more room to breathe as well.

winstongator

Hello!! We'll be staying at Port Orleans Riverside from Saturday Nov 24-Friday Nov 30. I realize that Saturday will probably still have a heavy crowd from Thanksgiving week. Which park do you suggest may be least crowded on Saturday?? We'll have a 4 yr old & 2 yr old with us. I'm thinking we should probably leave MK for during the week, right?! We're getting close to making ADR so I'm trying to figure out which park would be best to visit each day. Thanks!
I was going to say get a touringplans account to see which would be best, but my translation is one park crowded, two parks very crowded, one park extremely crowded. Our last day at AK was 10/10 and we had a great time, so Don't worry.

I'd go HS. There's a Disney Jr character meal at Hollywood and Vine. TSL will be open too! I like to rope drop, hit a couple rides, do FP, get lunch then head back to the room. From POR, we like to do an evening at Disney Springs. Or you get to the park later, do lunch first, then FP and stay for the evening activities.

We did a week at POR around that time 4 years ago and it was a great trip.

That might also be a good day to check out the Christmas decorations at other resorts and/or Disney Springs. The tree display they had looked great (I missed it when we were there, but my wife and daughters enjoyed it). Not sure if the drone show will every come back - I missed that too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom