Which park on departure day?

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
If staying at AoA and flight is at 5pm.

MK is the farthest park so should I do that or a park that's the closest because we will be picked up by ME at around 2 or so.

Thanks

Roknrollrghostr

We usually do one of two things on our last day.

The first, which we do most often, is spend our last hours at our favorite park (in our case this is Animal Kingdom). We go without anything specific planned, no FPs or ADRs, just wandering and doing whatever we feel like in the moment. We will usually finish with a nice lunch before we head back.

The second is simply go back to do anything we've missed and would still like to do. Maybe we didn't get to ride Tower of Terror because it went down when we were in DHS, or maybe there was a souvenir that I saw at MK that I want to go back and pick up. We usually leave the last day open and unscheduled for things like this.

I think overall my advice would be to do whatever you are going to most enjoy! If that is going to Magic Kingdom, then make sure you get an early start so you can make the most of it.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Animal Kingdom I think would be an alright bet for departure day. Skip Avatar for when the crowds dwindle down... Enjoy Nemo, Lion King, Flights of Wonder, Dinosaur, Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and It's Tough to be a Bug. It's a good trip ending!

Cmdr_Crimson

On my several trips I always do Epcot First & Last day as I priority since it's my favorite park and it's the closest park to get to second to DHS.

JIMINYCR

We always did MK no matter what time ME picked us up in the afternoon. I cant leave until I have that last ride on Splash, say goodbye to the Castle and visit Cinderella's wishing well to wish for a return trip. If you are doing bus transportation back to the resort be sure to add enough time for bus delays. We had times we cut it close.

GCTales

We usually schedule a late flight out.. So we have nearly a full park day. Having said that, it has bitten us in the behind... And that was before traveling with toddlers. Our plan from now on is to do a little last minute shopping for things we meant to get, use up leftover snack credits (if on dining plan), enjoy the pool.. And just relax... We did a monorail tour of the MK resort hotels (Xmas and Halloween time) on two trips.. And that was really cool...

Do what ever you enjoy and just relax and have fun.. Make sure it is a no pressure day and leave plenty of time to be ready for depression express to the airport.

Worldlover71

I wouldn't let the distance between your hotel and the parks be the deciding factor. When leaving the park, the wait time for a bus will be the same regardless of the park you attended. The actual drive time will only differ by 15 minutes or so.

Tinkerbell397

We usually visit The MK on our last day but we usually stay at a monorail DVC resort. This is the day that we wander in and out of the shops on Main Street but we are adults and that is OK to do. When the kids were little and now with the grandchildren, we have a character breakfast at Chef Mickey's and then head into the MK and so their favorite rides using FP's. :cat:

correcaminos

Are you sure you want to squeeze in a half day at a park on departure day?

Seems like a hassle and waste of money IMHO. I'd rather just enjoy the resort/Boma breakfest before leaving, but that's just me.
We are often done with parks by 1-2 pm and sometimes don't go back. So not a waste of a day.

To the OP, I'd pick your favorite. If you can use Uber/Taxi/Lyft to get you back you can stretch your visit. Our last day we were in Epcot until just before 1. Went to the resort and swam then left an hour or so later. Great way to end the trip!

_caleb

A long time ago, after four-days in the parks, I was surprised with one last morning to spend as I pleased. I decided on Magic Kingdom. Rather than running to squeeze in as much as possible, I just parked myself in a strategic spot on Main Street and did nothing. I soaked in the ambience, listened to the music, smelled the smells, and watched the people. I noticed things I'd never noticed before, and appreciated it all. To this day, that was one of my most memorable experiences in the parks!

The_Jobu

A long time ago, after four-days in the parks, I was surprised with one last morning to spend as I pleased. I decided on Magic Kingdom. Rather than running to squeeze in as much as possible, I just parked myself in a strategic spot on Main Street and did nothing. I soaked in the ambience, listened to the music, smelled the smells, and watched the people. I noticed things I'd never noticed before, and appreciated it all. To this day, that was one of my most memorable experiences in the parks!

That sounds like a good way to do it. I wouldn't want the hassle of running around on departure day, but if I did have an extra ticket to use up, just sit and smell the roses.

DfromATX

We don't do parks on our travel days. Usually on departure day, we like to leave late afternoon, so that gives us plenty of time to have a leisurely breakfast before we head back to the airport on the Magical Express. I swear that is the saddest ride of them all!

DfromATX

Boma breakfast before departure. What an amazing way to say goodbye.

yes, and departure day is the only time we do a sit down breakfast. We're not big breakfast people so we normally eat fairly light for breakfast. On park days we (ok mostly me) are too excited to 'waste time' eating in the morning.

rufio

I wouldn't do Magic Kingdom just based on how long it takes to get from the park to your car and how much can go wrong to delay you! I also second getting a resort breakfast or even a table service restaurant in a park before you leave!

rufio

I wouldn't let the distance between your hotel and the parks be the deciding factor. When leaving the park, the wait time for a bus will be the same regardless of the park you attended. The actual drive time will only differ by 15 minutes or so.

I would but I'm easily stressed out. :geek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom