Which "Offsite" area: Maingate or Disney Springs?

JohnD

Original Poster
I realize that Disney Springs is technically on-site but I'm currently holding two hotel reservations: A Comfort Inn along US-192 west of World Drive ("Maingate West") and Wydham Gardens in Disney Springs ("offsite" because not a Disney resort).

Which is the better option?

LL2WDW

I would avoid Maingate West. The traffic in the morning and evening is intense, the local area is ugly, and the scene is unfriendly.

Eddie Garrison

Before moving to the area, we use to stay at the properties on Hotel Plaza Blvd. near Disney Springs. We have stayed at all the hotels at least once and enjoyed each one. They all have free transportation to and from the parks as well as Disney Springs and water parks.

I would rank the properties in order like this:

Double Tree Guest Suites
B Resort
Best Western
Holiday Inn
Wyndham LBV
Buena Vista Palace
Hilton

Also check out mouse savers as they are always running specials on all of these properties. I hope this helps.

NiarrNDisney

I would go with Disney Springs! The Maingate area can be iffy, some of the Hotels look great on the outside then you get to your room and may be unimpressed with the cleanliness and upkeep plus as said before it can be crazy in the mornings with traffic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom