Which off-site hotels offer EMH?

Epcotfan21

Original Poster
I know the Hilton across from Downtown Disney offers Extra Magic Hours for resort guests there. Any other "off-site" hotels offer this?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As far as I know that is it aside from the Swan and Dolphin which aren't really off site but they are not Disney owned.

SoupBone

None of them save for Hilton participate in EMH.

I drudged up this thread rather than starting a new one. I'll try to make my question clear. What hotels off EMH's that are not Disney owned (Swan and Dolphin, Hilton, etc)? I didn't post off site because technically both of these are on Disney property.

I figured we could start a list unless it's simply a few hotels. I was told Hilton and Swan/Dolphin definitely offered EMH's, Free Parking (in the parks), and a few other perks. :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I drudged up this thread rather than starting a new one. I'll try to make my question clear. What hotels off EMH's that are not Disney owned (Swan and Dolphin, Hilton, etc)? I didn't post off site because technically both of these are on Disney property.

I figured we could start a list unless it's simply a few hotels. I was told Hilton and Swan/Dolphin definitely offered EMH's, Free Parking (in the parks), and a few other perks. :)
That is pretty much it although S&D to charge for you to park at their resort.

SoupBone

Thanks guys. Well that is a short list. What I'm trying to do is figure out if it's worth it to try and book "Shades of Green" (which is booked up for when we are going in December) or try somewhere not owned by Disney but offers discounts and EMH's.

I just looked at the S&D and the room rates for military are blacked out for our time (peak season Christmas/New Years). I was told that due to the Shades of Green not having availability there is some special overflow rate at some of the other Disney hotels. This is my nephews (6 year old) first time at Disney (he's a huge Disney movie fan) and we want to make it special, but without breaking my bank account. We want to have the EMH's because even those most kids tucker out after hours in the sun this one will not. :ROFLOL: We also want him to take in the full experience with staying on property. I might end up having to start a new thread for first time kids trips. Thanks!

brent2124

Thanks guys. Well that is a short list. What I'm trying to do is figure out if it's worth it to try and book "Shades of Green" (which is booked up for when we are going in December) or try somewhere not owned by Disney but offers discounts and EMH's.

I just looked at the S&D and the room rates for military are blacked out for our time (peak season Christmas/New Years). I was told that due to the Shades of Green not having availability there is some special overflow rate at some of the other Disney hotels. This is my nephews (6 year old) first time at Disney (he's a huge Disney movie fan) and we want to make it special, but without breaking my bank account. We want to have the EMH's because even those most kids tucker out after hours in the sun this one will not. :ROFLOL: We also want him to take in the full experience with staying on property. I might end up having to start a new thread for first time kids trips. Thanks!
My Grandmother has military priviledge and in the past I have found that Shades of Green overflow rates are not as good as the general discounts offered by WDW.

If I were you I would find out what the cancelation policy is if you book overflow from SOG and then WDW offers a better discount. Are you a FL resident? You can also book a room at regular rate at WDW and when discounts are offered call and have the discount applied.

WHat is your travel party size and ages?

SoupBone

My Grandmother has military priviledge and in the past I have found that Shades of Green overflow rates are not as good as the general discounts offered by WDW.

If I were you I would find out what the cancelation policy is if you book overflow from SOG and then WDW offers a better discount. Are you a FL resident? You can also book a room at regular rate at WDW and when discounts are offered call and have the discount applied.

WHat is your travel party size and ages?

We have 7 total coming on this trip. We have 4 adults and 3 kids (ages at the time of trip are 12, 7, and 6). I am not a Florida resident but boy do i wish I was. :)

We have been to WDW around 8 times since 2005 but I've never really looked into getting the most out of discounts because it was just me and my wife paying for ourselves. This trip we are paying for my nieces and nephew so I'm trying to find the best deals possible.

We REALLY want to stay on property for all the perks otherwise I'd be booking a house which would save a good deal of money. We'd also like to eat a sit down a day (7 days at the parks) so we might also consider a dining plan. I've read this may complicate the issue because I think there is some issue.

brent2124

We have 7 total coming on this trip. We have 4 adults and 3 kids (ages at the time of trip are 12, 7, and 6). I am not a Florida resident but boy do i wish I was. :)

We have been to WDW around 8 times since 2005 but I've never really looked into getting the most out of discounts because it was just me and my wife paying for ourselves. This trip we are paying for my nieces and nephew so I'm trying to find the best deals possible.

We REALLY want to stay on property for all the perks otherwise I'd be booking a house which would save a good deal of money. We'd also like to eat a sit down a day (7 days at the parks) so we might also consider a dining plan. I've read this may complicate the issue because I think there is some issue.
Do you need park tickets as well? If so you can get free dining possibly and only need to book 2 value resorts. If you book at a value you would get the CS plan and be able to upgrade to the regular plan. I would contact someone at KK and give them all your info.

wizards8507

Soup,

Your best bet with a party that size might be to look into renting Disney Vacation Club points. DVC members have the option of booking suites on Disney property. If you're going during busy season, points will be expensive and/or hard to come by, but you can often find good deals if you know where to look. (Unfortunately, I do NOT know where to look, but it's a start.)

brent2124

Travel Dates
8/15/2010 - 10/7/2010
10/22/2010 - 10/28/2010
11/12/2010 - 11/18/2010
11/27/2010 - 12/2/2010
12/10/2010 - 12/21/2010

Those are the travel dates available for the free dining promotion.

brent2124

Soup,

Your best bet with a party that size might be to look into renting Disney Vacation Club points. DVC members have the option of booking suites on Disney property. If you're going during busy season, points will be expensive and/or hard to come by, but you can often find good deals if you know where to look. (Unfortunately, I do NOT know where to look, but it's a start.)
That is almost definatley not the best option and absolutley the most difficult. You will need 2 rooms if your not staying in a 2 bedroom villa or the campground( Which is a lot of fun and the weather in December is great usualy) and 2 bedroom villas are very pricey.

wizards8507

That is almost definatley not the best option and absolutley the most difficult. You will need 2 rooms if your not staying in a 2 bedroom villa or the campground( Which is a lot of fun and the weather in December is great usualy) and 2 bedroom villas are very pricey.

Sure, if you go through Disney. But you can find deals in the secondary market. Considering there are SEVEN in the party, they would have to get two rooms no matter what.

brent2124

Sure, if you go through Disney. But you can find deals in the secondary market. Considering there are SEVEN in the party, they would have to get two rooms no matter what.
Yes but a value resort at its highest price is $159 a night and as low as $82. The cheapest a studio is at any point is $295 and as high as $440. So your rental prices better be more than 50% to even possible save any money. The kids would also enjoy the theme of a value resort to the lower ed DVC's.

SoupBone

Travel Dates
8/15/2010 - 10/7/2010
10/22/2010 - 10/28/2010
11/12/2010 - 11/18/2010
11/27/2010 - 12/2/2010
12/10/2010 - 12/21/2010

Those are the travel dates available for the free dining promotion.

My dates are 12/26-01/03. I saw that deal earlier but we are missing it by a week. I'm having my sister call KK tomorrow to see what our options are. Thanks!

SoupBone

Yes but a value resort at its highest price is $159 a night and as low as $82. The cheapest a studio is at any point is $295 and as high as $440. So your rental prices better be more than 50% to even possible save any money. The kids would also enjoy the theme of a value resort to the lower ed DVC's.

Theming is important to me for my nephews first time there. To put it bluntly I want his senses to be bombarded. For being value resorts All Star's has a ton of visual stimulation. It makes kids nuts...:ROFLOL:

We gave him and my nieces this trip for Christmas 09 and it's all they are talking about so i want to make sure we do it right. I know perfect is impossible but I'm trying to get is as close to that as I can (again without going broke). Of course if I won the lotto I would just rent out the park and Cinderella's Castle...:ROFLOL:

wizards8507

Theming is important to me for my nephews first time there. To put it bluntly I want his senses to be bombarded. For being value resorts All Star's has a ton of visual stimulation. It makes kids nuts...:ROFLOL:

We gave him and my nieces this trip for Christmas 09 and it's all they are talking about so i want to make sure we do it right. I know perfect is impossible but I'm trying to get is as close to that as I can (again without going broke). Of course if I won the lotto I would just rent out the park and Cinderella's Castle...:ROFLOL:

"Bombardment" would come, more than anywhere else, at Animal Kingdom Lodge, IMHO.

brent2124

"Bombardment" would come, more than anywhere else, at Animal Kingdom Lodge, IMHO.
For an adult yes, but for a 6 and 7 year old not so much. Pop Century or All Star Movies would excite children that age more than indoor walkways and the smallest pool slide I have ever seen.

What part of he isnt trying to break the bank dont you understand? Just because your going to AKL doesn't mean other people will want to, especially little kids and not with a $430 a night minimum price tag per room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom