Which of the following highly rated WDW restaurants has the best Food Quality?

Which of the following highly rated WDW restaurants has the best Food Quality?

• Flying Fish

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Sanaa

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Raglan Road

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Jiko

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Ohana

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Victoria and Albert's

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Skipper Canteen

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Tiffins

• The Hollywood Brown Derby

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Le Celier

• Total voters

correcaminos

I have yet to eat at V&A because literally too much food for me. Being kid sized suck sometimes lol. I meant to do Tiffins this year but we see how that went...

so out of the ones I have been to I picked Skipper Canteen weirdly enough. Quality of food has been great and their ability to work with my allergy was top notch.

Sanaa is decent though felt the menu changes were for the worse over the last few years.
Flying Fish was ho hum to us
Raglan Road was okay in both service and food quality.
Jiko is really good too but we don't go often enough
Ohana has not been good in like decades
Hollywood Brown Derby & Le Cellier are just not good at all. Really not good.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I had to write it out to figure out my vote. Out of what I've written below, Tiffins is first, followed by Jiko. Le Cellier was last for me.

• Flying Fish - Excellent, but can't vote for it b/c my last experience was prior to the overhaul.
  • Sanaa - Consistently good and a must on most trips, but it's bread service that keeps us coming back.
  • Raglan Road - Not impressed.
  • Jiko - Excellent, but it was just me and with my dietary stuff, I like to see what DH thinks.
  • Ohana - Used to be good (not best), but last visit had all kinds of issues.
  • Victoria and Albert's - Someday...if I could get DH to dress up this much on vacation.
  • Skipper Canteen - Hopefully next trip.
  • Tiffins - Excellent and before my dietary changes.
  • The Hollywood Brown Derby - Very good, but never wow for us.
  • Le Cellier - Have yet to have a decent meal here.
Wow...this lines up with me completely...and I’ve been to the vast majority of wdw sitdowns 5 or 10+ times.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree with most of it outside of The Brown Derby. It’s so blah and overpriced. The service has been sucky too.
I know brown derby is hit or miss...but I still enjoy it. It’s not as good as it once was.

But if that was the criteria...i couldn’t go anywhere.

Skippers is meh...by the way.

Ohana is one of the most overrated restaurants in wdw.

Le cellier is the most overrated restaurant in THE world

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Don’t cross the streams, Egon!!

1596909515143.png

Hockey89

I know brown derby is hit or miss...but I still enjoy it. It’s not as good as it once was.

But if that was the criteria...i couldn’t go anywhere.

Skippers is meh...by the way.

Ohana is one of the most overrated restaurants in wdw.

Le cellier is the most overrated restaurant in THE world
Skippers isn’t bad for a lunch spot which is when we go. It’s fine.

Le Cellier is the most overrated place ever. It’s sucks

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Skippers isn’t bad for a lunch spot which is when we go. It’s fine.

Le Cellier is the most overrated place ever. It’s sucks

Completely agree on Skippers. I used to duck out of Epcot and hit Yachtsman when I wanted steak. Even Yachtsman isn't what it was. Now, I prefer Shula's. Though it kinda s*cks 'cause I could go back into the park after a meal a Yachtsman. If I hit Shula's it's a 7:30 - 8:00pm res and I'm going right back to the hotel afterwards.

IMO - they need a Haunted Mansion Steakhouse. And have it run by a third party - a good one. So, So, So much they could do with that. It'd be $300-500 for a family of Two-to-Four - and they'd be turning away people. And they could serve Absinthe.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

For MK, Skippers is a nice addition with some good dishes at a reasonable price point. It is more of a lunch spot for us, also.

Never been to Le Cellier.

Flying Fish just about broke my heart when they changed chefs (and ruined the place.)

I have the recipe for their potato wrapped snapper in a recipe book, but it’s very intimidating! 😂

Tried 3 times with the new chef, all disappointing.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Flying Fish just about broke my heart when they changed chefs (and ruined the place.)

Every (well almost) time I head out thinking I'm going - I end up with an appetizer at Boardwalk Joe's and then find myself at the Pizza Window. Then I sit there eating my pizza and watching ducks float by.

I agree with you. It used to be much better.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For MK, Skippers is a nice addition with some good dishes at a reasonable price point. It is more of a lunch spot for us, also.

I have the recipe for their potato wrapped snapper in a recipe book, but it’s very intimidating! 😂

Every (well almost) time I head out thinking I'm going - I end up with an appetizer at Boardwalk Joe's and then find myself at the Pizza Window. Then I sit there eating my pizza and watching ducks float by.

I agree with you. It used to be much better.
I won’t go to flying fish anymore...

And change happens...chefs move on. I get that.

It’s the dining plan driven “investment” required now. When dinner for two is in the $150+ range BEFORE the 3 old fashioned I need to cope with the heat?? I’m not willing to have a “miss” meal. I don’t get misses in well run restaurants elsewhere. Or crappy service...to be honest.

Hockey89

It’s a shame they got rid of the snapper. Legit was a great dish. Not just for Disney but a great dish. I haven’t been back since they changed.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I won’t go to flying fish anymore...

And change happens...chefs move on. I get that.

It’s the dining plan driven “investment” required now. When dinner for two is in the $150+ range BEFORE the 3 old fashioned I need to cope with the heat?? I’m not willing to have a “miss” meal. I don’t get misses in well run restaurants elsewhere. Or crappy service...to be honest.

The DDP is the worst option. I agree there. I'm just hoping that Manny's Chophouse off of 535 is still open when I go back later this month. I swear that is the best burger I think I've ever had. I'm hitting Lego first. So I'm trying that Manny's first.

Tony the Tigger

We are hoping to just go do a resort dinner soon, stay overnight either on property or with family in Melbourne.

What I wouldn’t give for a wild boar appetizer at Jiko right now! (I know, they haven’t reopened yet.) Looking at options. Not likely to do park tix.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s a shame they got rid of the snapper. Legit was a great dish. Not just for Disney but a great dish. I haven’t been back since they changed.
In my opinion...they’re getting soft. Why just get rid of the signature dish when you can literally just destroy the whole restaurant a la Artists Point??

Tony the Tigger

In my opinion...they’re getting soft. Why just get rid of the signature dish when you can literally just destroy the whole restaurant a la Artists Point??
The whole menu changed. I remember an employee telling me the best thing on it was a chicken dish (at a seafood restaurant.)

The redesign of the place itself was very nice.

Lord Starwalker

Original Poster
Well, it looks like we will have to give Jiko another try. Last time we dined there, we were not that impressed (it was good but we enjoyed Sanaa more). Perhaps they have improved the menu since then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom