Which of the following highly rated WDW restaurants has the best Food Quality?

Which of the following highly rated WDW restaurants has the best Food Quality?

• Flying Fish

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Sanaa

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Raglan Road

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Jiko

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Ohana

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Victoria and Albert's

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Skipper Canteen

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Tiffins

• The Hollywood Brown Derby

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Le Celier

• Total voters

DISR

I had this same thought when I was originally reading this thread...I'm sure it is great, but I have rarely heard anyone rave about anything but the bread service when talking about this Sanaa. I love virtually all forms of the carb, but I don't know that I would ever pick a restaurant based purely on bread offering.

DISR

PS: Capa is the best place on property now.... It passed V&A for me...
I've seen enough of your posts to think we have some parallel restaurant tastes. I am very curious if you could break this one down for me? I have eaten at Capa and agree that it is outstanding....excellent food quality, excellent service, excellent environment, and I like that is it unpretentious. Does V&A not live up to the food quality? Is it too formal/pretentious? Is it simply a cost/benefit? Is it the style of the food relative to your tastes? V&A is still on my bucket list, and I've considered flying down just for a b-day, anniversary, or other special dinner there. I'm not opposed to spending money for a once in a lifetime experience, but your post has me wondering a bit

DISR

Would love to got to V&A but can't afford it, We have been to JIKO and every time the food was great as well as the serve.
Jiko is my go to for almost every trip. The food is pretty good. It has become a bit homogenized, but still has some inventive offerings and flavors. The environment at AKL/Jiko is second to none. For wine drinkers, I cannot overstate the fun of getting there early and sitting down with the bartender to discuss and sample some South African wines. They claim to have the best South African cellar in the country and I have every reason to believe them. These wines are obscure enough that there are probably few experts out there....I know I couldn't choose a good one on my own. They have been very generous in the past with tastings and we've really enjoyed trying a few before choosing a bottle for dinner.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

For me Tiffins didn't live up to the hype, it was far more bland than I was expecting.
I've always enjoyed Cali Grill (but it isn't on the poll).
I don't pack anything formal enough to go to V&A.
'Ohana is quantity not quality, but was good enough.
I need to try Jiko.
Brown Derby is fine, but nothing super special really.

My favourite on-property places have been Cali Grill and Boatwrights for completely opposite reasons!

DISR

For me Tiffins didn't live up to the hype, it was far more bland than I was expecting.
I've always enjoyed Cali Grill (but it isn't on the poll).
I don't pack anything formal enough to go to V&A.
'Ohana is quantity not quality, but was good enough.
I need to try Jiko.
Brown Derby is fine, but nothing super special really.

My favourite on-property places have been Cali Grill and Boatwrights for completely opposite reasons!
I've eaten at Nomad Lounge several times and Tiffins 1X. Completely agree that the entrees seemed a bit bland. IMO the apps are the best offerings on the menu and if that is all I am doing, I'd rather enjoy them in the lounge.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

I'm surprised that Sanaa has only one vote so far.
I'm surprised V&A has all the votes. I'm not questioning because I disagree... I'm sure V&A does have the best quality food. It does get the top ratings on all the Disney sites and has a phenomenal reputation. But are the votes all coming in from those who've actually dined there?? Or are they votes from reputation? I have never dined there because of the cost ( and yes.. maybe because the menu doesnt suit me ) and no one I know who has vacationed at Disney has dined there because of the exorbitant cost. Just curious.

Hockey89

I've seen enough of your posts to think we have some parallel restaurant tastes. I am very curious if you could break this one down for me? I have eaten at Capa and agree that it is outstanding....excellent food quality, excellent service, excellent environment, and I like that is it unpretentious. Does V&A not live up to the food quality? Is it too formal/pretentious? Is it simply a cost/benefit? Is it the style of the food relative to your tastes? V&A is still on my bucket list, and I've considered flying down just for a b-day, anniversary, or other special dinner there. I'm not opposed to spending money for a once in a lifetime experience, but your post has me wondering a bit
It was amazing my first 5-6 times In the Victoria room. Last time I was there, it was boring and took a big hit. It just wasn’t that great. The woman server was horrible as well and the thought of getting her again makes me not want to go back.
Makes me worry to go back being charged 1,200. Plus having to bring a jacket as well in the luggage.

Maybe it was a one off deal.

Hockey89

I'm surprised V&A has all the votes. I'm not questioning because I disagree... I'm sure V&A does have the best quality food. It does get the top ratings on all the Disney sites and has a phenomenal reputation. But are the votes all coming in from those who've actually dined there?? Or are they votes from reputation? I have never dined there because of the cost ( and yes.. maybe because the menu doesnt suit me ) and no one I know who has vacationed at Disney has dined there because of the exorbitant cost. Just curious.
Outside of my last trip, the previous 6 times blow away any other food at Disney... Even my last trip where it took a step back it is still lightyears away from any other option at Disney... Night and day

Hockey89

I had this same thought when I was originally reading this thread...I'm sure it is great, but I have rarely heard anyone rave about anything but the bread service when talking about this Sanaa. I love virtually all forms of the carb, but I don't know that I would ever pick a restaurant based purely on bread offering.
Couldn't agree more with this.... I don't go out to dinner for Bread service and that's all that is ever mentioned about that place...

DISR

It was amazing my first 5-6 times In the Victoria room. Last time I was there, it was boring and took a big hit. It just wasn’t that great. The woman server was horrible as well and the thought of getting her again makes me not want to go back.
Makes me worry to go back being charged 1,200. Plus having to bring a jacket as well in the luggage.

Maybe it was a one off deal.
Thanks...no restaurant should have an off night at that price point.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
5 or so times that I can recall...

It is the best. Because it has the best and uses the best. Food is actually a fairly easy formula. Give the chef the ingredients and let them do their thing.

The problem is that the list has:
1. Some pretty bad food
2. Absolutely TERRIBLE food for the price

Lord Starwalker

Original Poster
Couldn't agree more with this.... I don't go out to dinner for Bread service and that's all that is ever mentioned about that place...

The Indian-style bread service is just the appetizer to get when dining at Sanaa. There is also an excellent

The Indian-style Bread Service is just the appetizer to get when dining at Sanaa. In addition there is an excellent wine list to choose from, and the very yummy Potjie Inspired make your own dish offering: choose from Journey (meat entre) and Harvest (vegetable side). I recommend both the Butter Chicken and the Braised Beef and the cilantro coconut vegetables with the Basmati rice. If somehow you have room for dessert, which after gorging yourself on the addictive freshly baked Naan bread and sauces I doubt you will, then be sure to try the African Triple Chocolate Mousse!

I would speculate that the Naan bread service is so popular because of two main reasons:
  1. Freshly baked Naan bread combined with all of the amazing sauce options is so delicious and covers so many different flavors that it has created its own cult following (I am practically drooling now while reflecting back on previous meals when I enjoyed it myself).
  2. The bread service has been featured on Food Network before where it was covered very much in detail, the entire experience!

BASS

Of those listed there, I've been to Flying Fish, Jiko, and Brown Derby.

Flying Fish and Jiko are both excellent. If I had to rank them, I guess I'd do Jiko ahead of Flying Fish only because of the uniqueness of its fare, but they're both very, very close in terms of quality.

Brown Derby was good the last time I went maybe 4-5 years ago but I haven't been in a while. However, it's not in the same class as either Jiko or Flying Fish.

/this thread has me missing restaurants!

HouCuseChickie

I had to write it out to figure out my vote. Out of what I've written below, Tiffins is first, followed by Jiko. Le Cellier was last for me.

• Flying Fish - Excellent, but can't vote for it b/c my last experience was prior to the overhaul.
  • Sanaa - Consistently good and a must on most trips, but it's bread service that keeps us coming back.
  • Raglan Road - Not impressed.
  • Jiko - Excellent, but it was just me and with my dietary stuff, I like to see what DH thinks.
  • Ohana - Used to be good (not best), but last visit had all kinds of issues.
  • Victoria and Albert's - Someday...if I could get DH to dress up this much on vacation.
  • Skipper Canteen - Hopefully next trip.
  • Tiffins - Excellent and before my dietary changes.
  • The Hollywood Brown Derby - Very good, but never wow for us.
  • Le Cellier - Have yet to have a decent meal here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom