Which of the following highly rated WDW restaurants has the best Food Quality?

Which of the following highly rated WDW restaurants has the best Food Quality?

• Flying Fish

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Sanaa

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Raglan Road

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Jiko

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Ohana

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Victoria and Albert's

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Skipper Canteen

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Tiffins

• The Hollywood Brown Derby

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Le Celier

• Total voters

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

So, the general problem....

Thread is sort of irrelevant, due to WDW owned restaurant shutdowns. Just a suggestion? Let's rate restaurants that actually exist ? Open? Conducting business?

Chef Mickey

I mentioned something similar about BOG in another thread.

It's not that the food at Be Our Guest is terrible; it's that it's insanely overpriced. You're paying a gigantic surcharge for the setting and the food quality isn't remotely close to the price point. Of course you're basically paying a surcharge anywhere you eat at Disney, but the one at Be Our Guest is especially egregious. It's at least triple what it should cost.
We’ve established it’s overpriced though. All of the food at WDW is overpriced and while BOG is on the more expensive end, it’s probably better than some of the overpriced food. I had a better steak at BOG than California Grill and Narcoosee’s.

Hockey89

What specifically happens or happened when you went? Cold? Overcooked steak?

When it comes to steak, it’s actually very easy to prepare. If it’s a decent quality meat and cooked well, it’s going to taste at least OK, definitely not bad. You almost can’t serve a “bad” steak with AAA quality, unless it’s overcooked or cold.

The Le Cellier filet is not the best quality Prime beef, but it’s one notch below at AAA, which is very high quality. All they have to do is season, cook, let rest and serve. For me, it’s been consistently solid.
The quality of the steak is barely Shaw’s. It’s not good beef. The room is way to small. Also, filet has no fat and the most boring cut around.

Chef Mickey

The quality of the steak is barely Shaw’s. It’s not good beef. The room is way to small. Also, filet has no fat and the most boring cut around.
A filet just might not be your cut, but AAA beef is graded outside of Disney. Unless they are lying, it’s quality beef...at least the filet.

Filet is In general a lower fat cut and some people don’t like it because it lacks the flavor they want.

I eat prime beef a couple times a month and while it’s not prime, it’s not “not good beef.” Objectively, that’s just not accurate.

They also have a USDA Prime strip (or at least they did) so again, beef quality is not in question.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

A high quality filet is the best steak you can get IMO. If it's not super high quality, you need some fat to help it out.

With that said, I can understand someone preferring a ribeye or porterhouse. If it's all high quality, it just comes down to personal flavor preferences.

Lord Starwalker

Original Poster
I found Yachtsman overpriced and not as good as Le Cellier.

Again, I have ONLY gotten the Filet at Le Cellier...so I can't speak to other dishes. The filet/mushroom risotto is solid for Disney food. Many, many places are worse than Le Cellier on property. I've eaten at them all.

I agree that the food at Le Cellier is better than the food over at Yachtsman Steakhouse. The menu at Le Cellier is also much more interesting and features a nice wine selection including the Skywalker Pinot Noir.

Lord Starwalker

Original Poster
So, the general problem....

Thread is sort of irrelevant, due to WDW owned restaurant shutdowns. Just a suggestion? Let's rate restaurants that actually exist ? Open? Conducting business?

This thread is the 2nd poll in a series that started with: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...hoose-a-restaurant.966995/page-2#post-9381008

We have already determined that food quality is king when dining in WDW. This thread has already determined that VA and Jiko have the top food quality at WDW.

Now we are working on which dish at Jiko is the best over here in this poll thread: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/whats-the-best-dish-at-jiko-the-cooking-place.967663/

😃

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom