Which ocean beach?

pumba100

Original Poster
Does anyone have a recommendations for an Atlantic coast beach to visit while at WDW? Directions to get there? Thanks.

tizzo

Does anyone have a recommendations for an Atlantic coast beach to visit while at WDW? Directions to get there? Thanks.

I can only talk to what I know, and that's Cocoa Beach. Believe it or not, I don't go to the beach much, but when I do I usually end up at Lori Wilson Park.

http://www.beachhunter.net/cocoa-beach/lori-wilson-park.htm

It has parking and restrooms, and there is usually a lifeguard on duty, at least during the summer. (Or at least there used to be).

Directions are pretty easy. Get yourself to either I4 or SR-417, both get you to SR-528 (the "Beach Line"). Take SR-528E all the way to the end, at which it intersects with A1A. Actually, it more like hooks around to the right and becomes A1A.

Anyhow, you'll end up heading South on A1A. You'll pass Port Canaveral, and then SR-520 and Ron Jon Surf Shop, and the park is about a mile and a half beyond that, on the left. It's right after the Hilton.

Google Maps does not have an entry for Lori Wilson Park, so I made one. The following link should take you to a map I created with a marker right in the driveway to the park. You should be able to run driving directions to there from anywhere you please.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...d=116101779443912352191.00048b5d67c3068b4674a

The best thing about the map is you can use street view to see what it looks like from the road, making it less likely that you'll miss it.

_Scar

Every beach is the same, might as well go the closest one (this is coming from a person 20 minutes from the beach) lol

crashnuke

I can only talk to what I know, and that's Cocoa Beach. Believe it or not, I don't go to the beach much, but when I do I usually end up at Lori Wilson Park.

http://www.beachhunter.net/cocoa-beach/lori-wilson-park.htm

It has parking and restrooms, and there is usually a lifeguard on duty, at least during the summer. (Or at least there used to be).

Directions are pretty easy. Get yourself to either I4 or SR-417, both get you to SR-528 (the "Beach Line"). Take SR-528E all the way to the end, at which it intersects with A1A. Actually, it more like hooks around to the right and becomes A1A.

Anyhow, you'll end up heading South on A1A. You'll pass Port Canaveral, and then SR-520 and Ron Jon Surf Shop, and the park is about a mile and a half beyond that, on the left. It's right after the Hilton.

Google Maps does not have an entry for Lori Wilson Park, so I made one. The following link should take you to a map I created with a marker right in the driveway to the park. You should be able to run driving directions to there from anywhere you please.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...d=116101779443912352191.00048b5d67c3068b4674a

The best thing about the map is you can use street view to see what it looks like from the road, making it less likely that you'll miss it.

That's the same one we go to. We turn left on "I Dream of Jeannie rd." and the park is right there.

Korfar

We went to Cocoa Beach one year. Short drive. Not the prettiest beach you will ever see but it does the trick.

scpergj

My family pretty much always ends up at one of the beaches in Ponte Vedra (where The Players Championship is played)...but then, we it's close to where we live!

Oh...and we ALWAYS find sharks teeth - I found 18 last time we were there! AND we bodyboard and surf, too...

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Disney has a resort at Vero Beach (1 1/2 away, I think) but I think you have to be a guest to access the beach. (OP didn't mention this was to visit or stay)

ImaYoyo

Any particular reason it has to be an Atlantic Beach? I just spent an evening at Siesta Key last weekend, and from my place (near WDW) to the lot at the beach was about 1 hr 40 minutes...

I LOVE siesta key. Wide, powdery beaches, great little beach town, just a ton of fun. Lots of facilities, guards, volleyball nets, GREAT restaurants at realistic prices... it's much better than most atlantic beaches the same-distance away.

There are also some great beaches in the clearwater/st pete area just over an hour's drive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom