Which Mod and Why?

DisneyWeather!

Hi all. My family and I prefer the moderate resorts as we like the feeling of being in a resort rather than a hotel/motel. I originally said that I wanted to try each of the 4 mods. So far we have been to CB and POR. We chose Riverside last summer because of the many pools vs. FQ, figuring they would be less crowded. We are beginning to plan the next trip for the summer months again and would like a few opinions on which mods you like and why? Right now I am leaning towards Riverside again for the same reasons as last summer, despite my desire to stay at all 4 mods. What are your favs and why do you prefer that one vs. any of the other mods?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
CS and CB strike me as too big. Never been to POR, but POFQ is my favourite of all the resorts I've stayed at to date, Deluxe and Value included. Small, well apointed and "quaint".

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you liked PORS and just want just a bit of a change I would give it's sister resort French Quarter a whirl. It is smaller than RS, has a great pool and the atmosphere is very nice. The biggest issue with the other two moderates is their sheer size and layout. Both are huge resorts that are built around a central lake. This can make a walk to the main pool or restaurant incredibly long.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

I prefer CB because of its location. It's near Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.

I'm not a fan of the hotels in the Downtown Disney area, they just feel so far away from the parks, so for me, that rules out PO.

Also not a fan of southwest theme or the location for CS.

So for me, the only mod is CB

Upvote 0

jeffk410

Coronado Springs =] much better scenerary and amentities. The rooms blow the others out of the water! Ive stayed at all and love CSR with CBR a close 2nd.

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

CBR is my personal favorite. The Caribbean theme and atmosphere, the music, Caribbean Cay - its like a vacation within a vacation lol.

I really enjoyed our stay there in September and I am looking forward to staying there again in a couple of weeks.

Upvote 0

kittybubbles

We like PORFQ. No room is far from anything, the smaller size makes it pleasant for us. It is not a far walk to POR-RS, and if I am not mistaken, you are permitted to use the pools and the sister resort.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I was going to say Erika, but your question was on something else...:lol:

I would put them in order as:
POR
POFQ
CB
CS

CS feels least Disney to me but Queen beds is a big plus.

Upvote 0

corey154

We like POFQ the best, because it's smaller and the theming, (also if sharing a bus with PORS they pick you up first) but my second choice for a moderate is CSR, because the beds are queen size and they have a night club for adults (although the drinks are super expensive) I haven't stayed at CBR in years, but I didn't care for it because i thought out of all of them it was the worst for walking from my room to the food court area. (my daughter did like the pool there though) and I've never stayed at PORS because it's so spread out, and since you can take a boat from POFQ and use riverside for anything you may want to, we used the foodcourt there sometimes and I noticed some of the families taking their towels and bathing suits to riverside from french quarter.

Upvote 0

bugsbunny

POR with a preferred room is my favorite. After staying there a bunch of times and then staying at CB, I don't think I will ever stay at CB again. CB is way too big and the layout leaves you with a 10-15 minute walk to everything. In the morning, it basically took 90 minutes from the time we left our room until we got to a park. Its a hike to get something to eat and if you try to get the bus there, the stop is packed and usually the bus is packed when it gets there. I had one morning where I waited 45 minutes to have a bus that room on it!

And after staying at POR where I could get a custom made omelet, I thought that CB was a step down. Food was OK, but there is not as much seating or felt like as many choices. It was like Pop Century, but the people staying there weren't as rude. :ROFLOL:

Just to go to "my" pool near my building at CB, it was a long walk through a maze of buildings to get there. The main pool was pretty cool and had a lot of good slides, but it was easily a mile round trip.

Also, my room at CB had multiple problems with the fixtures, door, fridge, toilet, electrical outlets, and ceiling fan. Other than that, my room was nice!

POR for me. Would consider Coronado since I've heard pretty good reviews about that, too.

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member
CSR is by far my favorite! I love everything about the place from the rooms, to the pools, to the scenery! We stayed at POR on our last trip and both DH and I were very unhappy with it, the busses were horrible, the food court had very limited options, and our room was not up to the standards we had previously experienced at CSR.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom