Which Magic Kingdom mountain is the best?

Which of the three mountains is the best?

• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Space Mountain

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • Splash Mountain

Votes: 62 57.9%
  • Um... ALL OF THEM?!

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • None. We need a new mountain.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

a goofy username

my instinctive response is splash. the ideal, the model, the sgt. pepper's of disney attractions (gonna go with this comparison despite my personal opinion of that album). it's well-rounded and impeccably balanced, beautifully crafted, the songs are wonderfully baroque in that classic disney attraction soundtrack way, it never gets old - seriously, i could write a ten-plus page paper on this

but then i think of big thunder and just how good of a coaster it is - with most coasters there's an hour-long wait for a thirty second experience, provoking a slight tinge of disappointment no matter how good it is. big thunder is the joyous opposite. ride feels like it's ten minutes long, it's insane. and, like splash, it's perfectly balanced and paced. beautifully, beeeautifully crafted - that THEMING

and then i think of space mountain. come on, it's space mountain. arguably the most iconic roller coaster of all time, that familiar white dome and that blue-lit lift hill staples of american theme park iconography.

i'm at a loss here, folks. gonna go with all of them

REG Glenn

A lot of people complain about Space Mountain. I love this ride and please don’t change it. I don’t want it to be like other roller coasters. I like sitting single file. I like how it darts around in the dark. Been to the Disneyland Paris version. It’s a roller coaster much like Rock-n-Roller. Heck, I can get that experience at my local Six Flags. Keep it different than all the others, that’s part of what makes it special and fun.

MaximumEd

Splash by a mile. Not only is it the best mountain, in my opinion it's still the best ride in WDW as of this moment, considering most of TOT's effects are broken and FOP is screen only. Waiting to see if SW:GE changes my mind.

LUVofDIS

A lot of people complain about Space Mountain. I love this ride and please don’t change it. I don’t want it to be like other roller coasters. I like sitting single file. I like how it darts around in the dark. Been to the Disneyland Paris version. It’s a roller coaster much like Rock-n-Roller. Heck, I can get that experience at my local Six Flags. Keep it different than all the others, that’s part of what makes it special and fun.

I love the ride as it is, though I haven't heard the woo, woo, woo sound is awhile, that almost makes the ride.

When I rode it at the end of September I put my camera bag (it weighs about 30 pounds) on top of the bar instead of under my legs as I usually do. I put the strap around the handle, but still, that bag flew up a few times and felt weird. I knew it wasn't going anywhere, I just wasn't use to it flying up. The reason I did this was because it was suggested by a CM. Sorry, I am just ranting.

Any who, I too love this ride as is, also, not that he is all knowing and his opinion is final, my nephew rode both this version and the Disneyland version and he prefers the Disney World version.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Space Mtn is my personal favorite but I'd say the argument can easily be made that Splash is technically "better". I will say though that if anyone on here has a chance to experience it during the Halloween party I absolutely can not recommend it enough!!! It is phenommmmmenal in the total dark and what's really cool was when I got off during the Halloween party there were tons of adults talking about how great it is in the total darkness and I even overheard people throughout the park talking about it. My favorite thing in Splash was the beautiful Hidden Mickey in the clouds during the boat scene at the end and apparently they've removed it for some reason. That thing was a work of art and one of my top 3 Hidden Mickey's for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom