• MGM Studios

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Magic Kingdom

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tramp

wdw critic....

Why are you here? What reasonable person pursues forums on subjects they dislike? While no opinions should be suppressed, you need to grind your ax and promote your agenda on a forum where people actually care about what you think. :mad:

Most of the people here are very upbeat about Disney and some of us have been legitimately critical of Disney. But there's a very unattractive edge to your postings that most of us find juvenile in nature. :mad:

Perhaps that warm and fuzzy feeling you get when you look at the castle is your diaper leaking! :mad:

(to fellow members, I apologize for getting off track)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by wdw critic
My posts are not constantly critical of the parks, I only post what I see are problems at the parks. If you have a forum such as this, you should expect that not everybody has the same opinions. Most people on this forum love the parks and that is fine, nothing wrong with that. I have however have a somewhat different view of the WORLD. Yes, i have posted on other forums and my opinions are never criticized by the moderators. If you want to have a forum where you want everybody to say nice things and allow nobody to criticize Disney then you don't have a true forum. You have censorship.

Just a reminder of the title of this site wdwMAGIC - not wdwCRITIC.

I guess in your terms this is not a *true forum* - and to be honest I dont really care what you opinion is on my site/forum. It isnt censorship, as I have not removed your posts.

I have told you this via email in the past, but you seem to be taking little notice. Other opinions are fine, and if you want to be continually crticial of everything thats fine. But not here. 99.98% of people on here are upbeat positive people. Now, if you continue like you are, you will just provoke people into responding, and an argument, and then all out war will begin. I have seen forums ripped apart due to things like that, and I am not going to let it happen here. So if it means curbing people like you, that fine by me.

The fact that you told me in an email that you like to stir things up to see how people react bothers me.

If your posts are welcomed on other forums, just stay there and dont bother posting here - as your current flavor of posts are not welcomed by me here.

Disneynut

Thank you Steve. There is a big difference between offering criticism and being critical. Some people will never learn that difference.

racoonze

A laurel of peace... I hope.

I'd like to say that I've been just as upset and annoyed as our friend wdwCritic seems to be. We all love Walt Disney World. We all love Walt. That guy was amazing! I think that many of us grew up going to the parks and memorized every detail. We love to smirk slyly at people when they ask for maps. Because we don't need them.

I'm sure nearly everyone here in this forum has the layout of the resort memorized. I've had many an embarasing moment leading a group of friends through the park only to hit a dead end. "They changed it," is my only defense. The Imagineers and maintenance crew wipe clean the changes and we "experts" have to rememorize our maps. The Walt Disney Company has seen fit to make changes over time. Change hurts. Sometimes it is for the better. Other times a classic is lost and forgotten. But I realize they are trying, and I'm glad for that.

So I agree with alot of what wdwCritic says... but I only feel that way because of my deep love for the WDW that I grew up with.

rac

wdw critic

racoonze, nice to read that someone else sees the truth. I to have a passion for the place. My concern is when I see problems at disney, I speak up about it and some people have a problem with that. When Disney gets their act together and puts their priorities in order and makes some significant changes for the better,then I will change my attitude. There are some other forums where people criticize disney as much as I do if not more. But no one on the other forums are blasted for their beliefs. Its ok to disagree, that is good. But the insults ( diapers ) are not. All I am offering is a different point of view, thats all, nothing more, so lighten up!!!!! Enough said.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it...Patrick Henry

tigger1968

Now that this thread has gotten COMPLETELY off track, I'll weigh in with my two cents...I come to this forum to share ideas and information, as well as to discuss all things WDW. I have no problem with neagative posts. People frequently discuss the rides they miss that are gone, or changes that they don't like in the parks. That's fine by me. WDW critic, you have yet to say one good thing about ANYTHING since you started posting. Your posts don't ever sound like you miss anything, or have any fond memories to them, they just sound mean. You can't seem to stop talking about the same problems, and we got to read them weeks ago when you were mlewis on the old board. GET OVER IT OR STOP TALKING ABOUT IT. I am aware as anyone that WDW is not perfect, but I am able to look past that so that I can enjoy the parks. You just come off as bitter.

Also, it probably has not helped your cause that you finally announce that you had been a longtime employee at WDW, privy to all sorts of meetings, but could not offer any info, trivia, or insight on what went on at these meetings. Based on what I've read from you, I don't believe a word of it, and I don't think anyone else does, either.

Lastly, Steve stated that you had told him that you like to stir things up to see how people react. I have been to other forums and seen this before. I have visited one that had some loser posting as several people, just to stir things up. Nothing of value was discussed there, just bickering about who said what. I have yet to go back to that site. If you really do like to cause a stir just to see how people react, the only thing I can say is...GET A LIFE. I don't need that kind of hassle here, and it just makes you look like a sad, pathetic, lonely person.

Looking over this post and your previous posts, I can see that you have indeed stirred things up in our friendly little place. That's not always a bad thing, but in your case, it is. You have nothing nice to say, and I for one am tired of reading it. From now on, I for one would like to see something positive from you. If that's just not possible, then do us all a favor AND JUST GO AWAY.

Tramp

In my relatively short life on these boards, Steve has never objected to legitimate criticism. Many of us have been very critical of the same things wdw critic is complaining about. But Steve recognizes when someone has a hidden agenda and an ax to grind with WDW and is within his administrative rights to set the groundrules.
wdw critic, aka mlewis, has negatively hammered WDW continually with no balanced opinion. One wonders why someone is so interested in something that is so hated? wdw critic knows his comments will draw aggressive responses from Disney fans, yet he apparently floats from forum to forum playing this childish game.

Hey Patrick Henry....This is a private forum....there are no first amendment rights here!:mad:

DisneyPhD

mlewis needs to take their own advice and LIGHTEN UP.

Now to get back to important issues like the original topic in this thread.

Favorite Park ... It's got to be Magic Kingdom. The name says it all!

Tink

I love all of the parks but the one that I seem to spend the most time at is Epcot. When I walk through the gates, it feels like coming home to me.

I agree that MK is the most magical (nothing like that view down Main Street) but sometimes it is the most crowded too (probably because it is the most magical...).

mickeyears

Our favorite is Epcot, but Magic Kingdom is not far behind. We love the countries and the rides there. We usually spend 3 days just going through Epcot.

The Mom

Premium Member
My favorite park changes with the seasons.

Magic Kingdom- Summer- You don't mind getting soaked on SM.

EPCOT- Fall- We always go down for the International food & wine festival. Nothing better than strolling around sampling beer&wine.(we stay at the Boardwalk so we can walk home!) Also a good time for AK Kali rapids; not to cold for the ride, but a reasonable walking temperature.

MGM-Winter - Things are mostly indoors & fairly close together, so if it is cold (and it can be, even in Florida) you don't have too far to walk.

AK - Spring - Great time to look at all the new arrivals.

Herbie53

Premium Member
Originally posted by wdw critic
My posts are not constantly critical of the parks, I only post what I see are problems at the parks.

I'm sorry for dragging this whole thing back to the surface, but I'd just like to ask one question. What is the difference between being constantly critical, or only posting about problems? Mlewis aka wdwcritic is just a broken record. It's only a matter of time before his five or six problems get fixed, then he'll have nothing more to talk about. Perhaps then we will get some peace.

As for favorite parks, I think they all have unique things to offer. Having to pick a favorite though, I think I probably spend the most time at the Magic Kingdom! There's something for everybody there, so it's perfect for us indecisive types.

Moose

Though I chose the Magic Kingdom, it pales in comparison to the original. Disneyland is the park that Walt built and far outshines any other park in the world :p

nikimsu2002

Magic Kingdom because there are so many rides and so many things to do. Plus the castle, my favorite ride, and my favorite parade are there!:D

stingrock23

I would have to say the Magic Kingdom. Epcot is a very close second, but the Kingdom is just so magical and always brings back memories, as does Epcot. Maybe i'm partial to those two because I have more memories from those parks? I dont' know. It's just, when you think of Disneyworld, the first thing you think of this the magic kingdom, with monorail circling the lagoon. Only 129 more days.

Don L Duck

Hey critic maybe you should heed some of your own advice and lighten up a little.Maybe it should be in the way you make your presentation try adding a little more tact.That way people will see your point a little clearer and see your not such an angry Disney basher.Oh BTW you gotta admit that diaper crack was pretty damn funny I'm still laughing just thinking about it:lol: GOOD ONE TRAMP:sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom