• MGM Studios

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Magic Kingdom

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HorizonsMan

Original Poster
What is the best park? please reply by the poll and then by post to tell me why? I will post the results later in the next week or so. Thanks:D

WDW-Imagineer

Epcot

I think it is Epcot. Although I believe it has lost its "touch" in the past years, I still love it. Its just the futuristic theme (future world, anyway) that really draws me. The omnimover rides (Spaceship Earth, parts of Living Seas, Journy Into Your Imagintation & previously World of Motion & Horizons) give the signature Disney relaxing, story line ride in which you are stimulating the brain or senses.

Now, I am not too happy about the recent boom in thrill rides in Future World, but I must confess that I really enjoy Test Track and cannot wait until Mission: Space.

I tihnk Epcot is the best park because of the atmosphere. Just looking at Spaceship Earth for the first time (ever or for that visit) gives you chills and walking under it is just amazing. The architecture, landscaping, and theme of Epcot makes it the best park out of WDW.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by disneyqueen
The Magic Kingdom is because of the castle, dumbo, and wed way people mover. It's the most magical!!!:) :p

If the wed way people mover was in Epcot... I would never leave the park. :D

Brett

The Magic Kingdom is the best because of the theming and the rides. Each land is so thought out and brings each section of the park alive. Plus nothing can Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (Rest In Peace). And, of couse, the WEDWAY PEOPLE MOVER!!!

Ariel

I often change my mind every time I go, but it has to be the Magic Kingdom because that's where you can really be a kid all day, the rides are the most classic and it just feels like magic when you are there! Where else can you live out your childhood dreams?

I would have to say that for me Epcot is the best park. I have been known to spend an entire day walking around world showcase and I ride Spaceship Earth at least 3 times a park visit. I am still very disappointed in JIYI, but can forgive Disney if Mission:Space turns out to be as good as I think it will be. The atmposphere is one that I don't find in any of the other parks.

Tramp

Call me a sentimental fool....but....I like the Magic Kingdom the best. Fantasy works wonders for the human mind and an escape from the real world goes a long way.

Plus...the MK was Walt's original idea so it holds a very special place in my heart. As a kid, I watched Walt on TV talk about Disneyland but we were never able to afford to go there. When they built WDW, I was older but was never able to shake the desire to go there. Our first trip was in 1977 and now WDW is in my family's blood. Walt should be Canonized for bringing such happiness to so many people for so many years. :cool:

Disney Fan

I really enjoy Epcot. I like the educational value of it (must be my age), and I find it very visually appealing. The May/June garden show is absolutely gorgeous. I also like the wide open spaces that you don't find at some of the other parks. I also really enjoy the world showcase.

racoonze

Best Park

I've dealt with this over and over. And I'd have to say that I love the Magic Kingdom the most. Even though Walt didn't live to see it completed it is still the park that he touched. It's the same reason that Disneyland is so special. Sometimes I just stand on main street and soak it in. Thanks to Napster I have a lot of that great main street music. That gives me enough of a fix to get me to my next vacation.

I do love Epcot. Or, I loved Epcot. That park that they built in the early 80s. You know the park with Kitchen Cabaret, World of Motion, El Rio Del Tiempo, Journey into Imagination, Listen to the Land, and Horizons. Oh, that's right... they ripped out all of my favorite rides. Well Mexico might still be there, but I've heard painful rumors that it might be changed.

rac

HorizonsMan

Original Poster
Re: Best Park

Originally posted by racoonze

I do love Epcot. Or, I loved Epcot. That park that they built in the early 80s. You know the park with Kitchen Cabaret, World of Motion, El Rio Del Tiempo, Journey into Imagination, Listen to the Land, and Horizons. Oh, that's right... they ripped out all of my favorite rides. Well Mexico might still be there, but I've heard painful rumors that it might be changed.

rac

SO True, So true, All the best rides ripped out (sob, wimper)

Disneynut

This is a no-brainer as far as I am concerned. The best park has to be the Magic Kingdom. It is the ONLY park that so far has remained true to all the ideals that Walt held so dear.

M

Mr Lightbeer

The Magic Kingdom is our favourite as the magic seems to be just a little bit stronger here, that first veiw of the castle brings back so many happy memories

Kontra

Re: Best Park

Originally posted by racoonze
You know the park with Kitchen Cabaret, World of Motion, El Rio Del Tiempo, Journey into Imagination, Listen to the Land, and Horizons. Oh, that's right... they ripped out all of my favorite rides. Well Mexico might still be there, but I've heard painful rumors that it might be changed.
rac

Yeah, El Rio Del Tiempo is still there and it did recently go under a rehab, but that was definitely for the better with this ride. The parts where you saw slide show projections and dead space needed fixing. The Land is still there and nothing has changed from that ride except for FP being added. I totally agree with you aboot Kitchen Cabaret and Journey into Imagination (with Image Works), they were replaced with cheap fillers.

As for my favorite park, MK. No other park (until Disney Sea) combines so many great tastes all in one. It's where WDW's magic is the strongest.

racoonze

Hey Kontra,

I was glad to hear that El Rio just got a face lift. The rumors were flying that they were going to modify the ride to a Three Caballeros or Saludos Amigos theme. I love Donald, Jose, and Panchito... but if they want to build a new ride they shoud clear a little place next to the other. I wish they'd stop tearing out some of their best attractions.

rac

wdw critic

well lets see, my favorite park? take the magic kingdom,please! They closed 20,000leagues 5 years ago and the place sits empty, or I heard its now a meet and greet the characters, the timekeeper has become a, oh my, another meet and greet, main street has become a disney strip mall,the carousel of progress is in disrepair,the motors work when they feel like it,,the skyway is gone, so I guess its not the mk,,,,Epcot?? Innoventions is a collection of gadgets you could buy at a mall, the living seas has reduced hours and lost its sponsor,, Journey into your imagination is disney imagineering at its worst,wow,black lights and loud sounds,they really went all out for this one,,, the Animal kingdom??,,, a glorified zoo,,,,MGM? the tower of terror and the coaster are great,see!! I can say something nice,,, we all have our favorites and at the moment until Disney decides to get its priorities in order (the resort expansion right now is their priority,not the parks ) I will still visit disney but not the parks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
wdw critic ( or mlewis from the old forums).
I know we discussed this before, but I will remind you again.
Your posts are always 100% critical of the parks. I understand some people have problems with the parks, and some criticism brings a balance, but your posts are heavily slanted towards the negative. These forums are not about being continuously critical, so can you either bring a balance to your posts, or post at some other forum.

wdw critic

My posts are not constantly critical of the parks, I only post what I see are problems at the parks. If you have a forum such as this, you should expect that not everybody has the same opinions. Most people on this forum love the parks and that is fine, nothing wrong with that. I have however have a somewhat different view of the WORLD. Yes, i have posted on other forums and my opinions are never criticized by the moderators. If you want to have a forum where you want everybody to say nice things and allow nobody to criticize Disney then you don't have a true forum. You have censorship. One more comment: You have a good forun here and it is not my intention to drag it down with my opinions. But, I will make an effort to lighten up and my future posts will be more balanced. Yes, I still get warm and fuzzy when looking down main street at the castle if only the people would get out of the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom