Which hotel price area is best? (Value, Moderate, Deluxe)

Moderate, Value, or Deluxe

• Value

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Moderate

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • Deluxe

Votes: 35 46.1%

• Total voters

Todd H

After a bad experience at Pop Century involving tour groups, I'll never stay at a value resort again. Worst vacation I ever had.

winstongator

I’ve stayed mostly at a moderate, Port Orleans. We’ve also done Poly, garden wing of contemporary, and Yacht club. We’ve done the deluxe location moderate price Dolphin, off site values (B & doubletree) and off site deluxes (Four Seasons & Waldorf Astoria).

It’s hard to beat the Dolphin’s location for its price. Walking to parks from Yacht & Contemporary is nice. In terms of true luxury, the Four Seasons is the best, but it’s really expensive (we went for my wife’s work conference). The Disney springs off-sites are fun. I like walking to the springs, and we have our car, so getting to the parks isn’t a problem.

I really like the Poly. Monorail to MK and Epcot and great theming. We like Ohana too. My favorite though is Port Orleans. Less expensive, still have Disney perks, fun theming we enjoy, great memories.

eliza61nyc

I've visited every resort and stayed in the vast majority of them too. Each has something for someone. We're DVC, so now we just do deluxe.

I really think this is one of the things that makes disney hands down a great vacation destination

In 2016 we had a family reunion to celebrate my aunt's 100th birthday. Yep gang my 100 year old Aunt did Disney.
anyhoo the great thing about it was there were rooms to fit everyone's budget.
My "can't save a quarter if it killed them" nieces and nephews did values, cousins with newborns and new jobs did moderates, while my Aunt's and the over the hill gang stayed at the Grand Floridian.

correcaminos

I really think this is one of the things that makes disney hands down a great vacation destination

In 2016 we had a family reunion to celebrate my aunt's 100th birthday. Yep gang my 100 year old Aunt did Disney.
anyhoo the great thing about it was there were rooms to fit everyone's budget.
My "can't save a quarter if it killed them" nieces and nephews did values, cousins with newborns and new jobs did moderates, while my Aunt's and the over the hill gang stayed at the Grand Floridian.
Agreed! Even the DS hotels are fantastic options for some and you get some of the same perks too. Same with Four Seasons. Disney has or has connections with some great places at all prices so when those who don't/can't spend amounts, will have something to choose from!

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Do you normally stay in Deluxes? Are they worth the price?
Do you normally say in Moderates? Is the theming still there?
Do you normally stay in Values? Is it too tacky?
I’d love to hear what people’s experiences are at the different price-range hotels.

I’ve stayed in all three categories multiple times.

Deluxes are worth it, when you can afford it without having to cut back on other expenditures, e.g., souvenirs, dining, etc.

Moderates have decent-good immersive theming, but the nature of their theming doesn’t bring about a sense of awe as the Deluxes do.

Values are kitsch, but in a good way. I would recommend a value if you just need a bed and still want some of the Disney perks.

If money weren’t an issue, I’d spend my time between the Deluxe and Moderates.

correcaminos

Do you normally stay in Deluxes? Are they worth the price?
Do you normally say in Moderates? Is the theming still there?
Do you normally stay in Values? Is it too tacky?
I’d love to hear what people’s experiences are at the different price-range hotels.

I totally blanked on answering these

Deluxes: for us yes. We spend a lot of time at the resort though
Moderates: most definitely themed well. Honestly Disney does it well there
Values: tacky is in the eye of the beholder so not a fair question. We don't do values but we like space and are DVC so they're kind of out of the loop.

One you didn't ask about are the on property resorts that aren't Disney operated. Each that I've been in is a great value too. Definitely a good option for those who want something else.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
The price area is subjective. It depends on the time of year you are going, things that are going on in the parks etc.

There are a plethora of hotels within a 10 minute drive and some on property that I'll weigh options against. This factors into my perception of said value - I won't stay at the Poly for $600 a night when I can get the Waldorf Bonnet Creek, Swan, or Hyatt Regency for $275. I don't feel there is value for the additional $325 a night and that money would be better served spent on another aspect of my vacation.

But the Waldorf at $320 vs Beach Club at $380 - Beach Club all day every day. For me, there is value at the additional $60 a night. So it really all depends.

I've seen CSR at $800, POR in the mid 5's, and the Contemp, GFL, and the Poly at over a thousand. Heck I've seen All Stars close to 3. All due to variables like conferences, sporting events, holidays etc.

BoarderPhreak

It's easy to say that Deluxe is the best, after all it's the most expensive, most extensively themed, etc.. But one must also rate value or "bang for the buck." That's why I think Moderate is "the best." Worth, price, value, are not all the same.

Personally, I find Value to be overall a gaudy motel feel. Moderate is a bit pricy but the theming, etc. is on-point. Deluxe is, in my opinion, overpriced but of course has nice theming and above average common areas, but not necessarily service - you can't compare it to a five star hotel for that price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom