Which hotel for 2 short nights of a split stay?

aliceismad

Original Poster
My family and I (me, DH, and DD age 5) will be staying 7 magical nights in WDW in May. Our last 5 nights have already been booked by renting points for Bay lake Tower. I’m looking for recommendations on where to stay for the first two nights. We’ve been to WDW just once before and only for three nights (at AKL), so we’re pretty much newbies to all this.

I was thinking AOA, because kiddo would love the pool theming, but we’d have to stay in a Little Mermaid room, which are far from everything it seems. Also a good table service restaurant would be really nice for that first evening. Or maybe even access to Disney Springs. How are Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach? How is the food court at AOA?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We just did a one night pre-stay at Coronado Springs. It was very nice in the refurbed rooms, and we got a set of construction pins because of everything going on there.

Last edited:

slappy magoo

If you're already renting points why not rent more points and stay at a different DVC resort? Unless it's more than your budget allows, but I'd bet renting points for at least some of the DVC resorts (Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Villas) will be in the same price range as the moderates. And while Saratoga isn't the most whimsically themed resort on property, you will be close (perhaps even walking distance) to Disney Springs and all of the dining options contained therein. Plus the restaurant onsite - Turf Club - has always been good to us (disclaimer, we haven't stayed at Saratoga in a while so maybe now it's butt).

Are you renting points from someone you know or are you using a vendor like David's DVC Rentals? If it's the latter, why not see what renting would cost you for those 2 nights at the other resorts?

aliceismad

Original Poster
If you're already renting points why not rent more points and stay at a different DVC resort? Unless it's more than your budget allows, but I'd bet renting points for at least some of the DVC resorts (Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Villas) will be in the same price range as the moderates. And while Saratoga isn't the most whimsically themed resort on property, you will be close (perhaps even walking distance) to Disney Springs and all of the dining options contained therein. Plus the restaurant onsite - Turf Club - has always been good to us (disclaimer, we haven't stayed at Saratoga in a while so maybe now it's butt).

Are you renting points from someone you know or are you using a vendor like David's DVC Rentals? If it's the latter, why not see what renting would cost you for those 2 nights at the other resorts?

That's a great idea! For only two nights (one of which is after flying in), Saratoga or Old Key West might be just right. AKL was fantastic, but I'm sure DH would rather try something new.

slappy magoo

That's a great idea! For only two nights (one of which is after flying in), Saratoga or Old Key West might be just right. AKL was fantastic, but I'm sure DH would rather try something new.
Just as an example, not knowing your check-in date, I did a search on David's DVC Rental for 2 nights starting 5/13, checking out 5/15. OKW, Saratoga Standard view and Animal Kingdom standard view will cost 208 per night all taxes included (parking will still be more, unless renting points gets you free parking under the name of the person whose points are using, I don't know). Standard view Boardwalk, not much more at $224. $256 a night would get you Wilderness or Beach Club.

Meanwhile, rack rates for a Standard at Caribbean would be over $230 a night once you include tax. I'm sure you won't have to pay rack rates, a deal will pop up by then, but even if they're offering a discount of 25% off mods, that'll still bring it around to $175 a night. Renting points will lock you in to a larger room in a better location with way more dining options close by, onsite gym, and an onsite spa for $33 more a night.

Mickey5150

I'd go with Port Orleans French Quarter. It's a small hotel with 1 bus stop and no rooms far from it. It has a really nice New Orleans vibe and is just a boat ride away from Disney Springs. It has a fun pool area with a waterslide and it also has Beignets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom