Which floor at Pop with toddler?

oommggitskait

Original Poster
Planning my first trip with a toddler in tow and I feel like a WDW newbie all over again! It's going to be a totally different trip than alllll my others with just my hubby and I.

We'll be staying at Pop and have stayed here 3 times before. Normally, I like staying in a higher floor room for view and noise reasons. We'll have a stroller for the kiddo. Do other parents like staying at ground level, so you don't have to mess with the elevator? Or do you stick with higher floors?

Edit to add: We'll be using the touring plans fax feature to put in a few minor requests for our room.

Smiley/OCD

Planning my first trip with a toddler in tow and I feel like a WDW newbie all over again! It's going to be a totally different trip than alllll my others with just my hubby and I.

We'll be staying at Pop and have stayed here 3 times before. Normally, I like staying in a higher floor room for view and noise reasons. We'll have a stroller for the kiddo. Do other parents like staying at ground level, so you don't have to mess with the elevator? Or do you stick with higher floors?

Edit to add: We'll be using the touring plans fax feature to put in a few minor requests for our room.

I know you will have a great time! One of the advantages of being on the top floor is not having kids on top of you running, so the choice is yours. We always took the top floor as the kids got older, but if you don't want to deal with an elevator, you could take a ground floor room, but on the lake side...it's much quieter than the pool side.

oommggitskait

Original Poster
Thanks! I definitely think the ground floor might drive me nuts with lots of foot traffic if it’s in a busier wing. Ground floor lake side is a great suggestion thanks!

wombat

I was on the top floor of the 60's building on the opposite side to the pool, not much of a view (not a problem as I did not go there to hang around the hotel room all day) but very quiet at night

oommggitskait

Original Poster
I was on the top floor of the 60's building on the opposite side to the pool, not much of a view (not a problem as I did not go there to hang around the hotel room all day) but very quiet at night
That's very helpful, thanks!
Yeah don't really care about the view either. Just noise and convenience mostly. Thanks again!

MegRuss626

We stayed at Pop during Thanksgiving 2015 in a preferred pool view. We had a ground floor room facing the main pool and noise was never an issue whatsoever. We spent the days in the park and didn’t hear anything at night. They even put in the fence around the pool while we were there and didn’t experience noise from that either.

oommggitskait

Original Poster
We stayed at Pop during Thanksgiving 2015 in a preferred pool view. We had a ground floor room facing the main pool and noise was never an issue whatsoever. We spent the days in the park and didn’t hear anything at night. They even put in the fence around the pool while we were there and didn’t experience noise from that either.
while weve never had a newborn with us. Ground floor 60s or 50s lake view was the quietest time at POP we have ever had!

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

Disneyfreak Jen

If your child is going to be Well behaved and not run/jump around the room, then choose whatever works best for you. But if your child is going to be really excited running jumping around the room, then consider a bottom floor so you don’t disturb the people below you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom