Which ECV company to rent from?

Can anyone recommend an ECV company. I am traveling with my mother in law who cannot stand or walk for very long. She is getting a hip operation as soon as we get back from the trip. We will be staying at Disney's Polynesian resort.

There are so many company's to choose from. I was looking at Buena Vista and Apple Scooter because they can deliver staright to bell services. I contacted Walker Mobility but I need to be in person to receive the scooter and that will cut into my park time as they can only start delivery at 9:00 to 10:00 AM.

Simba's Mom

I rented from Walker Mobility once (and plan to again). When I told them that I needed the scooter before 9:00 am, they offered to deliver it the evening beforehand. And both drop off and pick up were very quick and easy. Although they said they'd pick it up between 6:00-7:00, they called when they were within 10 minutes and when I got to the arranged pick-up place, they were just pulling up. I just read on another board about a person who rented from a "featured vendor", where you just pick up and drop off your scooter at the bell services desk. She dropped off her scooter, but then the ECV company called her and said that they couldn't find the scooter and had no record of it being returned, so they were going to charge her until it was found. Scary! Maybe an off-site scooter company has its advantages.

Upvote 0

Crazyredheads

Original Poster
I rented from Walker Mobility once (and plan to again). When I told them that I needed the scooter before 9:00 am, they offered to deliver it the evening beforehand. And both drop off and pick up were very quick and easy. Although they said they'd pick it up between 6:00-7:00, they called when they were within 10 minutes and when I got to the arranged pick-up place, they were just pulling up. I just read on another board about a person who rented from a "featured vendor", where you just pick up and drop off your scooter at the bell services desk. She dropped off her scooter, but then the ECV company called her and said that they couldn't find the scooter and had no record of it being returned, so they were going to charge her until it was found. Scary! Maybe an off-site scooter company has its advantages.
OH no! I just booked with Buena Vista, I hope I do not have this problem!
I called Walker and they do not have any time slots left for 8:00 - 9:00 AM on my first park day. They can only deliver between 9:00-10:00 which sucks because if they only arrive at 10:00AM, I will miss my first FP+ at MK. I decided to go with a featured vendor instead because they guarantee 8:00 AM delivery.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

For my ECV, I've always had to sign it in and sign it out in a book at the Bell Services desk, I don't know how one would go missing. I've used Buena Vista once or twice a year for the last 8 years with no issues.

Upvote 0

Crazyredheads

Original Poster
I wanted to let you know that we changed vendor at the last minute. We ended up going with Apple scooter because their insurance was included in price. I got a great little scooter that lasted all day. No problems with them at all.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom