Which Disney ride do you think will get the axe next?

Which Disney ride do you think will be the next to close?

• Journey Into Imagination

Votes: 103 46.4%
  • Rock N Rollercoaster Starring Areosmith

Votes: 27 12.2%
  • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Dinosaur

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Tomorrowland Speedway

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 31 14.0%
  • Star Tours

Votes: 9 4.1%

• Total voters

justintheharris

Original Poster
NONE of this is anything other than speculation. But I'm just wondering which attraction you think Disney will close next. If I had to guess, with EPCOT about to be the focus of an overhaul, Journey Into Imagination is probably the next ride on the chopping block. But what do you guys think?

Smiley/OCD

RnRC, ToT and Dinosaur wouldn't close...could they be re-themed? I guess it's always a possibility although I wouldn't want it to happen...The speedway has just been reconfigured because of Tron, so that's not going to happen. My bet would be on Buzz or the Dinoland rides.

KevinPage

I loooove Figment and the original ride. The best course of action to get rid of the current attraction and let them start from scratch*. Otherwise Figment limps along meaningless and worthless.

*scratch = redo the original ride scene for scene with current tech and let Tony Baxter implement some of his ideas that were cut (roller coaster section, etc.)

Last edited:

justintheharris

Original Poster
RnRC, ToT and Dinosaur wouldn't close...could they be re-themed? I guess it's always a possibility although I wouldn't want it to happen...The speedway has just been reconfigured because of Tron, so that's not going to happen. My bet would be on Buzz or the Dinoland rides.
A drastic retheme is synonymous to closure in my eyes. I agree they wouldn't be closed and demolished.

Animaniac93-98

At this point no attraction is immune to Disney's aggressive desire to cut operational costs or shoehorn IP wherever they can IMO.

It would not surprise me in the least if they replaced The American Adventure, mothballed Spaceship Earth or turned the Carousel of Progress into a restaurant.

It's a minor miracle that The Jungle Cruise still operates, given that it's almost as labour intensive and expensive to operate as 20,000 Leagues was.

I'm as cynical as they come, but after The Great Movie Ride, Universe of Energy and Sum of All Thrills I'm taking nothing for granted. Even having a sponsor or being around for decades doesn't cut it anymore.

justintheharris

Original Poster
At this point no attraction is immune to Disney's aggressive desire to cut operational costs or shoehorn IP wherever they can IMO.

It would not surprise me in the least if they replaced The American Adventure, mothballed Spaceship Earth or turned the Carousel of Progress into a restaurant.

It's a minor miracle that The Jungle Cruise still operates, given that it's almost as labour intensive and expensive to operate as 20,000 Leagues was.

I'm as cynical as they come, but after The Great Movie Ride, Universe of Energy and Sum of All Thrills I'm taking nothing for granted. Even having a sponsor or being around for decades doesn't cut it anymore.
I think you're being overdramatic. I'd hardly call Universe of Energy or Sum of All Thrills a classic. I think even The Great Movie Ride is a stretch.

Inspired Figment

I loooove Figment and the original ride. The best course of action to get rid of the current attraction and let them start from scratch*. Otherwise Figment limps along meaningless and worthless.

*scratch = redo the original ride scene for scene with current tech and let Tony Baxter implement some of his ideas that were cut (roller coaster section, etc.)
THIS 🙌🏻 🙏🏻 THIS is what we want!! Agreed 100%!

I think it would be cool if they would redo the attraction again, with the focus on imagination, but this time talk about how imagination has fueled Disney parks and movies. Have the imagineers as part of the recorded show, and look back through the history and innovations of Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom