Which Disney hotel has the best water park?

Fitmomma93

Original Poster
Before I thought that the CBR had a pirate themed pool but for some reason I'm being told it's square? Anyway, what's your favorite pools? Is it realistic that after a day at the Parks y'all just chill by the pool?

Weather_Lady

CBR's main, themed pool (Fuentes del Morro) is designed to mimic a Spanish fort, complete with turrets, cannons and the like -- it's very fun and not remotely square. There are also quiet pools, which might be what whomever you spoke with was talking about, OP. A 30-second Google image search for the "Fuentes del Morro pool" will tell you all you need to know.

As for me, my favorite pools so far are the Mayan pyramid-themed one at Coronado Springs, and the Volcano pool at the Polynesian. In both cases, it's more because I love sitting and taking in the surroundings after a dip (and keeping an eye on the kids), rather than because I do lots of swimming myself. Both pools are just beautiful to look at (and have a slide), and offer an impressive amount of seating despite being relatively compact.

Strangely enough, we just got back from a split stay at Beach Club and Polynesian (staying at both for the first time), so you'd think I'd be raving about Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club, which is the biggest and most elaborate pool on property (with a sand bottom, beach, slide that extends from a full-size "ship," and lazy river), but after experiencing it, I decided I liked it much better in theory than in reality. The slide is separate from the rest of the pool (you literally have to go outside of the fence and across a walkway to get to it), the lazy river barely moves, the fencing is like a giant white jail cell and inconvenient to get around if you want to go inside the hotel or reach the pool bar/CS location, and the pool area is so sprawling and oddly-shaped and covered with various bridges, a lighthouse, and other thematic elements that it is impossible to safely keep an eye on your kids, or have them keep tabs on you, without constantly changing position. I feel like I spent half of my time there swimming/lounging, and half of it just wandering around LOOKING for people. It was exactly the opposite of relaxing.

Last edited:

21stamps

CBR's main, themed pool (Fuentes del Morro) is designed to mimic a Spanish fort, complete with turrets, cannons and the like -- it's very fun and not remotely square. There are also quiet pools, which might be what whomever you spoke with was talking about, OP. A 30-second Google image search for the "Fuentes del Morro pool" will tell you all you need to know.

As for me, my favorite pools so far are the Mayan pyramid-themed one at Coronado Springs, and the Volcano pool at the Polynesian. In both cases, it's more because I love sitting and taking in the surroundings after a dip (and keeping an eye on the kids), rather than because I do lots of swimming myself. Both pools are just beautiful to look at (and have a slide), and offer an impressive amount of seating despite being relatively compact.

Strangely enough, we just got back from a split stay at Beach Club and Polynesian (staying at both for the first time), so you'd think I'd be raving about Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club, which is the biggest and most elaborate pool on property (with a sand bottom, beach, slide that extends from a full-size "ship," and lazy river), but after experiencing it, I decided I liked it much better in theory than in reality. The slide is separate from the rest of the pool (you literally have to go outside of the fence and across a walkway to get to it), the lazy river barely moves, the fencing is like a giant white jail cell and inconvenient to get around if you want to go inside the hotel or reach the pool bar/CS location, and the pool area is so sprawling and oddly-shaped and covered with various bridges, a lighthouse, and other thematic elements that it is impossible to safely keep an eye on your kids, or have them keep tabs on you, without constantly changing position. I feel like I spent half of my time there swimming/lounging, and half of it just wandering around LOOKING for people. It was exactly the opposite of relaxing.

Yes!!!! I say this all the time about Beach Club!! Glad to hear I’m not alone.

OP- I think Poly has the best pool on Disney property.

durangojim

I think the best pool if you have kids from the ages of 4-9 is the one at POFQ. Nice slide but not too big, you can see the whole pool when laying on the lounge chairs, and the bar is right there. Now that my kids are older they love Stormalong bay. Best pool at any Disney resort is Aulani with it’s huge lazy river. It’s like if the Poly was made in the modern day with steroids.

Last edited:

WDW Dad 23

For me, Stormalong Bay is hands down the best pool. It comes down to size. I love to go in the pool to swim with the kids and just relax. This is the only deluxe pool that has the “room” for me as an adult to really enjoy the pool. I enjoy all the different areas, and like that the lazy river has real depth so I can actually swim around underwater...I never just float around. You also can join in the volleyball or build a sandcastle. It is also easy to get a quick drink refill or food from Hurricane Hannah’s. As for the other pools, I like the setting of the Polynesian (and of course the view in the evening) but the pool is small and always crowded, so I find myself watching the kids, but not in the pool with them. After those two there are still lots of good choices...AKL is usually active and fun, as is the Boardwalk pool. The theming at the moderates is not quite as good (although I do think Caribbean Beach is pretty close) and also suffer from the same crowding as some of the other deluxe’s. Now, I do like the fact that each “area” has a quiet pool, as these tend to be less crowded and are “open” later....but this is not enough to put any of them above SAB. In the end I think it comes down to what you want out of the pool area for you and your family. For me SAB has the best of everything.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
My kids loved the pool at the Poly, its probably their favorite one to date, though when they saw the Beach Club pool (we were taking a water shuttle), they were wanting to go there next time.

olinecoach61

The pool and water play area at the Poly is top notch. POFQ was very enjoyable for the kids as well. They did not care for the Contemporary pool the time we stayed there.

Tinkerbella16

Stormalong Bay at Beach Club. It is really amazing! Our last 2 trips, we made sure to spend every afternoon at the pool because we love it so much.

crxbrett

Honestly, I think all the Disney pools are fairly fantastic and you really can't go wrong with any of them for the most part. The ones I see always mentioned though and seem to be the most popular are the Yacht & Beach Club of course, the Polynesian, the Caribbean Beach and the Coronado Springs.

I pretty much rest by the pool every day in-between park visits. It's a very nice recharge to get back to your room around 1p every day and then go out for some sun and a swim for an hour or 2. My usual routine is hitting the parks from 7am-9am (depending on EMH) til about Noon or 1pm. Then it's off to the resort for napping or some sun & swimming until about 3p. And then I am usually off to another park around 4 or 5p for the rest of the evening. Evening swims are sometimes really fun as well!

disneyworlddad

I enjoyed the POFQ pool. It was big enough that you weren't crowded but small enough that kids could be seen all around. The activities seemed to be a big hit with the elementary aged kids. The new play area they added was pretty cool. My son didn't like it as there was a lot of water raining down from overhead and he hates to get water in his face.

OneofThree

Well, to be honest:

Four Seasons

nrm_1417449639-four-seasons-orlando-resort-pools.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom