Which cruise should we go on?

rk03221

Original Poster
So after we had to cancel our eastern Caribbean cruise because we are expecting another child soon (yay!), we really want to book another cruise. My wife really wants to make sure we get to see Castaway Cay but I’ve looked at the other itineraries and the cruises out of San Diego look really good. The ones out of Gavleston are cheaper. Is castaway cay really worth it? We just want a nice family vacation.

Which would you guys recommend? Thanks!

ChuckElias

Castaway Cay is amazing. In fact, our last cruise was a 3-night/4-night back-to-back, specifically so that we would have 2 days on Castaway Cay. but. . .

My family has done Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Western Med, and Baltic (twice) and none of those cruises had a stop on Castaway Cay. And they were ALL amazing. If you've never done Castaway Cay, then I might say the extra cost is worth it just to experience it. But if you just want a great experience for the family, and it doesn't HAVE to include Castaway Cay, you can't go wrong with a Western Caribbean sailing out of Galveston. I haven't looked closely at the itineraries from San Diego, but if they include Ensenada, I personally wouldn't choose that.

DCLcruiser

I've done Eastern and Western Carrib. (both with Castaway Cay). Western is the better cruise IMO. Castaway Cay is great, but I would not consider it a must if you find a better option. I really want to do a Southern Carrib. out of San Juan, which does not go to CC.

lostpro9het

Castaway is fun but not a deal breaker for us now. We did the San Diego itinerary in April and other than the horrible embarkation process they have, we had a fantastic time. If you are set on CC and Disney then this, IMO, is currently the best itinerary out of Canaveral:
FA4B0E3F-5812-44D8-982F-F743A05993CB.jpeg

Bermuda is our favorite port in the Caribbean/Bahamas area.

rk03221

Original Poster
Castaway is fun but not a deal breaker for us now. We did the San Diego itinerary in April and other than the horrible embarkation process they have, we had a fantastic time. If you are set on CC and Disney then this, IMO, is currently the best itinerary out of Canaveral:
View attachment 652831

Bermuda is our favorite port in the Caribbean/Bahamas area.
We were looking at that one too. Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom