Which Credit Card is Best?

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
Hello all!
I'm making the decision to cancel my current credit card (Captial One Visa) and change to a different company. So I'm wondering if you all had any suggestions on which one to go with? I probably need to stick with MasterCard or Visa, but definitely not Capital One. Which card have you all had the best experience with in terms of low APR, excellent customer service, no hassle when having a problem, etc. And one thing that's bothered me about my card is that I've had it since I was 18 (now 22), have paid off all my bills in full as soon as they come in, but yet I still have a $500 limit. That just doesn't sound right to me.
Anywho....suggestions?

hcswingfield

If you it pay off every month, and don't need to worry about interest rates, you should think about the Disney Rewards Visa from Chase. Every $ you spend earns points that you can spend in the parks, resorts, Disney stores, etc. And there are other perks, too. www.chase.com/disney

maelstrom

Have you ever asked for a credit increase? It sounds like your account is in good standing, so I see no reason why they would deny you. I got my Capital One Visa when I was 18 and sometime when I was 19 or 20 they upped my limit to $550 without me even asking. I can't ask now, though, because I owe them a lot of money. :\

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
If you it pay off every month, and don't need to worry about interest rates, you should think about the Disney Rewards Visa from Chase. Every $ you spend earns points that you can spend in the parks, resorts, Disney stores, etc. And there are other perks, too. www.chase.com/disney

My parents have that one. I'll talk to mom more about it.

maelstrom said:
Have you ever asked for a credit increase? It sounds like your account is in good standing, so I see no reason why they would deny you. I got my Capital One Visa when I was 18 and sometime when I was 19 or 20 they upped my limit to $550 without me even asking. I can't ask now, though, because I owe them a lot of money. :\

Well, the reason I'm dropping them is because I got into a scam and tried to cancel the purchase the next day...but they were EXTREMELY unhelpful. It was seriously ridiculous. So I've decided to drop CO. Besides that, they've never even offered to raise my limit, and I feel like I shouldn't have to ask for it after 4 years. I really don't HAVE to have a raised limit at the moment...but it would be nice if I need it later on down the road.

TTATraveler

I have been with Capital One for about 8-9 years. They have always raised my credit limit automatically even when I was in college. I always paid my bills in full and on time. I have never once had to ask for a credit card limit raise. They even upgraded me a few years ago to one of their rewards cards.

Your situation seems odd compared to my experience. You have nothing to loose by a phone call to request a credit card limit raise.

Yellow Shoes

I think the prevailing philosophy with credit card companies is that it is cheaper to retain a customer than to get a new one.

If this is all that irks you about Captial One, then make a phone call.

Tell them you're thinking about leaving, and they need to give you a reason to stay.

Personally, I would never go with Capital One simply because I get at least 2-3 pieces of mail from them every week. Enough, already!!

SamnDawn060304

I think the prevailing philosophy with credit card companies is that it is cheaper to retain a customer than to get a new one.

Tell them you're thinking about leaving, and they need to give you a reason to stay.

Personally, I would never go with Capital One simply because I get at least 2-3 pieces of mail from them every week. Enough, already!!

I agree with you. Between me & my Dh we get tons. We have Disneys Reward from Chase. I like it.

MickeyTigg

Hello all!
I'm making the decision to cancel my current credit card (Captial One Visa) and change to a different company. So I'm wondering if you all had any suggestions on which one to go with? I probably need to stick with MasterCard or Visa, but definitely not Capital One. Which card have you all had the best experience with in terms of low APR, excellent customer service, no hassle when having a problem, etc. And one thing that's bothered me about my card is that I've had it since I was 18 (now 22), have paid off all my bills in full as soon as they come in, but yet I still have a $500 limit. That just doesn't sound right to me.
Anywho....suggestions?

If you pay it off every month in full, you're developing no credit history and the CC company is not making any money off of you...that probably has more to do with it than anything.

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster

Well, them not raising my credit limit I figure I can take care of fairly easily. What irked me was the fact that when I tried to get a charge taken off the card while the transaction was still in "authorization" phase (or whatever they call it), they threw me around from person to person, told me they couldn't do anything (even though the company didn't have their money yet), the fraud person told me there was nothing I could do and not even closing my account and getting a new one would help, etc. When I finally found out that I probably could get the transaction canceled while it was in authorization mode, it was too late. Had they done that in the first place, I would've been ok. When I went to block my account, the woman told me she couldn't block that particular company from using my account and I said "no...I want to block EVERYONE from using my account" ..."well I can take care of that for you" she said....why they didn't suggest that to me (or any other options for that matter) in the first place, I'll never know.
Anyways....I don't want that to happen again. I've also heard of other people having more trouble out of Capital One than any other card. My sister has Mastercard, and when she was getting unauthorized charges to her account, Mastercard took care of it for her, no problem. All it took was one phone call. It took me, no kidding, at least 5-6 to get ANYTHING done. Not cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom