Which City is...

napnet

Orlando to Daytona is about 55 miles east on I-4
Orlando to Tampa is about 84 miles west on 'the worst strech of interstate in the world' I-4

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
WDW is in Central Florida
Daytona Beach is in Central Florida
Tampa is in West Florida

barnum42

napnet said:
Orlando to Tampa is about 84 miles west on 'the worst strech of interstate in the world' I-4
To give the "worst in the world" tag international status, we can apply the same standards to UK "Motorways" the the M25 London car park, sorry, Motorway wins the award :lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Note:

Daytona to WDW has you going through Orlando - the worst of the traffic.

Tampa to WDW has you hitting WDW long before Orlando (WDW is west of Orlando - It is at exit 62, Tampa's part of I-4 starts at 1).

Unless there is an accident or it's 2am, the Tampa to WDW trip is easier an quicker than the Daytona to WDW trip. It takes me 45mins-1hour and i hop on I-4 at Exit 9.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Also, the Tampa to WDW portion of I-4 is in the final stages of being widened to 3 lanes on each side. The Tampa to WDW part is entirely 3 lanes already, but the return is 2 lanes for a few remaining miles - causing traffic backups only during rushhour.

I-4 between Tampa and Orlando has come a long way.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
mkt said:
WDW is in Central Florida
Daytona Beach is in Central Florida
Tampa is in West Florida

Actually, Daytona is on the East Coast, while WDW is in Central Florida and Tampa is considered West Central Florida.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Sorry Merf, but I lived in Volusia long enough to know that DAB is considered Central Florida.

And from where in TPA can you drive in 45 mins? Going from WDW to Busch Gardens takes me about 1hr 15 mins cause of the construction

Wilt Dasney

If we're talking WDW and not Orlando, I'd say it's about 6 of 1.

Takes me about an hour:10 to get from Daytona to WDW on I-4 and about an hour to take I-4 from WDW to Tampa.

Orlando proper is a good deal closer to Daytona than WDW is, though.

Wilt Dasney

BTW, Rob...your signature seems to be making some sort of suggestion to me. But I can't quite figure it out, by George! :animwink:

cindy_k

napnet said:
I thought the people at work were pulling my leg about 'malfunction junction' in Tampa when I first moved here until I heard it called that on the news.

:) Have fun!
Cindy

htx

I live in the Daytona area it's a little over an hour, but it all depends on what time you leave... If you leave early in the morning you are usually fine. If you wait to late morning afternoon it can take a little over an hour to almost three depending on traffic. There is an alternative though when you stay in Daytona then you can go to Sanford hop on the Greenway or 417 if I am not mistaken... it's the toll road towards Orlando's Sanford Airport and you can avoid traffic that way. Get off the exit where the gaylord hotel is and that will put you around the pop century resort.

Lou

cheche

Daytona Beach. Besides, daytona beach is realy a nice place, i'd like to go there actually...The pools are very clean and it's a nice place to hang out and the beach was just down the stairs. The Lazy river was closed for maintenance, though.

Shiloh

Daytona to WDW is 70 miles...75 to the MK. Tampa to WDW is farther maybe 2 and ahalf hours or so??? Have driven thru Tampa once but forgot how long it took. daytona is definatley closer to WDW than Tampa.

tampabrad

With out traffic, I can get from Tampa and into a park in 45-50 mins. I can go on I-4 to Daytona in 1.5 hours.

With traffic, it is about 3 hours each leg.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom