Which cars are Fullsize?

RuddClan

Original Poster
I'm looking for help from all the people on WDW's side of the pond.

I'm hiring a fullsize car from Hertz at Orlando International (MCO). Their website says Chevrolet Impala or Similar. What other cars fall into the 'fullsize' category?

I'm scared
scared07.gif
that the person at the rental desk will hear my accent and try to pass off an intermediate car on me.

Thanks in advance

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm looking for help from all the people on WDW's side of the pond.

I'm hiring a fullsize car from Hertz at Orlando International (MCO). Their website says Chevrolet Impala or Similar. What other cars fall into the 'fullsize' category?

I'm scared
scared07.gif
that the person at the rental desk will hear my accent and try to pass off an intermediate car on me.

Thanks in advance
It will vary by the rental agency. As you might have guessed each company has their own definition of full size, compact, etc. What you will want to do is go to the companies website and print out what they have that is considered full size, compact, luxury, etc. If what they try to give you comes from a lower class list you will know it.

tigsmom

We had an Impala and it sat 5 very comfortably. The Chargers and Taurus are roomy as well (love the look of the new Chargers, reminds me of my HS days :lookaroun ).

2010.dodge.charger.20307587-E.jpg

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
They tried to pawn off a VW Jetta as fullsize years ago. I didn't move until I got a Nissan Maxima.

RuddClan

Original Poster
I found this information on Southwest's site:

picture.php

lol, you didn't find anything then :lol:

They tried to pawn off a VW Jetta as fullsize years ago. I didn't move until I got a Nissan Maxima.

That's what worries me, I wouldn't know until I got to see the car and then it's back to the desk for an argument. I could really do without that after a 9hr flight!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
We had an Impala and it sat 5 very comfortably. The Chargers and Taurus are roomy as well (love the look of the new Chargers, reminds me of my HS days :lookaroun ).

2010.dodge.charger.20307587-E.jpg

That's what our family of four has been in for about two weeks now. It's quite roomy inside, the trunk is huge and the gas mileage has been pretty acceptable.

jakeman

From my years (about 8) of experience with Hertz, they usually upgrade rather than downgrade on cars.

Impalas, Camrys, Altimas (sometimes Maximas) make up the bulk of their fleet. It used to be the Taurus, but since they now use the old Ford 500 model it is a bigger now.

jakeman

Oh, just a couple of more things.

The cars are usually assigned in advance so they really shouldn't be able to try and pull one over on you.

You also might want to consider Gold Service. It is $50 USD and you get a faster check in and check out and your own line at the counter. Additionally, I do get upgrade frequently to the next tier up (but that may have to do with the fact I rent with them 2-3 times a month for a week at a time).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom