Which building at Coronado Springs?

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
Okay, so we switched today to Coronado Springs. I have to admit that this was not a resort I ever cared to stay at so I've never really read up on it. But a mistake by a CM and finances forced us to stay here. I've been doing some research and I am getting a little excited to stay here, the only problem is nowhere have I found a suggestion on which building to request for our stay. Any suggestions from anyone? We are in a standard room so I know that cuts into our choices. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :happy:

hull327

We stayed in Ranchos 7B. It was right in front of a bus stop and was also just a short walk from the pool. However, the main lobby/cafeteria was a ways away and would not be convenient if you plan on utilizing that facility with any regularity.

atsolomon

Oh, man, Ranchos 7B is a hike from El Centro. The bus stop is convenient. You can use the buses to go to El Centro as most of the buses stop at El Centro last before leaving the resort for their destination. I've also stayed at Cabanas 8B steps from the quiet pool. We had breakfast poolside most mornings. The kids would finish up and go for a swim while my wife & I finished our coffee. One of my best Disney vacation memories. ;-)

I'd recommend Cabanas over Ranchos.

Have fun! It's a beautiful resort no matter where you are.

--Adam

7 AM Coronado Springs Resort
by atsolo, on Flickr

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
Oh, man, Ranchos 7B is a hike from El Centro. The bus stop is convenient. You can use the buses to go to El Centro as most of the buses stop at El Centro last before leaving the resort for their destination. I've also stayed at Cabanas 8B steps from the quiet pool. We had breakfast poolside most mornings. The kids would finish up and go for a swim while my wife & I finished our coffee. One of my best Disney vacation memories. ;-)

I'd recommend Cabanas over Ranchos.

Have fun! It's a beautiful resort no matter where you are.

--Adam

7 AM Coronado Springs Resort
by atsolo, on Flickr

Holy cow, what a gorgeous picture you took!

copcarguyp71

Cabanas are our favorite...close to main building, dig site pool and one of the quiet pools as well. Hammocks on the lagoon they surround too.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I stayed in the Cabanas section, it was the building closest to El Centro, short walk to that (obviously), main pool, and bus stop. I think it was 6B, but I can't remember, sorry. I really like the Ranchos section as it was a neat theme but it is furthest from El Centro, and Casitas is furthest from the main pool.

CheshireCat12

I stayed at Ranchos 6A and 7B- I thought 7B was the better location because it was closer to the Dig Site pool but both rooms were right near a bus stop so that was good. Although the resort is large, if you are in reasonably good shape it is not awful to walk, it is such a pretty walk around the water!
If you need to be close to El Centro pick Casitas 1 or 2 or Cabanas. That said, I requested Cabanas my first stay (based on Buzz's website recs) and I was glad I DIDN'T get it in the end.

CheshireCat12

I stayed in the Cabanas section, it was the building closest to El Centro, short walk to that (obviously), main pool, and bus stop. I think it was 6B, but I can't remember, sorry. I really like the Ranchos section as it was a neat theme but it is furthest from El Centro, and Casitas is furthest from the main pool.
I think you are thinking of Cabanas 9B. And my favorite is Ranchos!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Roacho's gets my vote . Nice and peacefull away from the front of the resort and its not that much of a stroll to the front

Disvillain63

We've stayed in Casitas and Cabanas. We liked the Cabanas better...9B, but it's now part of an upgrade, so I don't know if you'd want to spend more...Casitas is the first bus stop...not El Centro...so that can be an advantage too.

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
As an update, after some suggestions and recommendations we have requested the cabanas building 8B as our first choice and 8B as our second. I can't wait!

righttrack

We had Cabanas 9B close to the bus/bridge. It was a good compromise. Every room is a bit of a compromise here between what you are close to or not. It's a great resort though, and it will transport you to another place, which is what a WDW resort should do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom