which area to rent a villa?

joe uk

Original Poster
Hi all, i'm bringing my family (14,10,6) at the end of august. It's our second time - we visited 4 years ago - and i'd like to hear any views on which area would be best to rent a villa in.

want to be close to the parks and close to shops (wallmart?) and have a reasonably large pool. Expecting to rent a 4/5 bed villa.

any suggestions very gratefully received.

Joe

disney lover2

In 2002 we had a villa in Indian Ridge, and it was very close to disney and easy access to shops... in 2005 we had a travel city villa in Weston Hills miles away but past many shops on our way home especially Walmart.

Out of the two i would say Indian Ridge was the best as we got to the parks quicker and more important we were home quick for the kids to roll in bed quick, it was also a very nice spot for watching american children take there bus to school...... very sweet.

Both villas were very good standard with all the requirements needed, i would say whereever you stay a Walmart or Publix is not far...

CAPTAIN HOOK

Welcome aboard :wave:

There are villas all over the WDW area. Some areas obviously better, more convenient and nearer/easier in terms of travelling times.

Our last two visits have been in a villa ('03 + '06). Each time we stayed in a residential area on Highway 27 (west of Disney). On the first trip the villa was just south of the junction with Highway 192 and the last trip just north. US192 is 7 miles of shops, hotels, and residential areas. Travelling time to the parks was around 20 - 25 mins.

We booked with Contempo Group for '03 and Florida Select Villas in '06

Hope this helps

morgan22

We've stayed at a few different locations before, previously all off 27 (far west of US192) and I think you'll find this is where most communities are. However, we are trying one a little closer this year. As DisneyLover2 suggested, Indian Ridge is a good bet (we too have stayed at Weston Hills and although the villa was wonderful, the drive was just a little too long for my liking - it took us 1hour and half to get to Florida Mall and there was little traffic!!) Formosa Gardens and Windsor Hills come recommended (I work in travel so get to hear people's tips etc) and they are relatively close to the Disney maingate - within 5 miles.. and there is an abundance of shops and restaurants in the immediate area. The sponsor of this section of the boards... All star vacation homes were very helpful in aiding me this year although I didn't end up booking with them ... their website is great as you can check availability as you may find August pretty busy in the more popular communities.

coasterphil

We've used 1DreamHomes, previously AAADreamHomes, twice in the past and were satisfied with the service and home each time. For our first trip the home was right off of 192 near the Walmart and less than 10 minutes to the MGM parking lot. The second time we got stuck out in Davenport and it was a 20 minute drive to nearest gate. Luckily that trip wasn't for Disney and it didn't bother us too much.

Since you seem to have a specific location in mind you're probably better off finding a service that lets you choose an exact home rather than just a type and then get it assigned to you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom