Which All Stars is best?

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
For all of you who have stayed at the All Stars resort, which one would be best for me? I am 72, and will be 73, before I visit WDW in November. I can walk, but too much, will wear me out. I know my days at WDW will be less hectic than I was used to in my 50's and my 60's. I am on a tight budget this trip, looking to save money every where I can.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'd go with a preferred room at All Star Movies or All Star Sports.
Love the theme at Movies but love that if the buses are shared Sports is the first pick up so you're likely to get a seat.
I would not suggest All Star Music. The way its set up its front to back and can be a long walk.
My parents who are in their 70's have now stayed in Music and Sports and enjoyed Sports much more.

Editor516

My 70-plus parents stayed in a preferred room in Sports in December. Enjoyed it immensely, so I recommend that. Just make sure it’s a preferred room, as that’s closer to the main building and bus stop.

ELG13

We like the movies, particularly the you story area. The kids LOVED the giant Woody and buzz! We always requested and received rooms in the toy story area. Plus they are familiar with all the movies.

ELG13

Movies because it's completely refurbished and the food court is 10x better than the other 2
We haven't stayed in value for several years but I was wondering what the status of the refurb was. We are looking at a few smaller trips this year that we just don't see doing the cabins for and we always loved movies! Good to know it's all done. Have they change the food at the food court? What make sir better? Never tried the others...just curious.

DisneyDreamer08

I’d say a preferred room at Movies. We were just there in January. Our room was on the back side of Fantasia and we loved it. Close to the main area and very quiet. Plus the refurbished rooms are amazing. There is so much extra storage and we loved all the outlets and USB ports.
Movies is completely refurbished, Music is partly done, Sports won’t be started until Music is complete.

Zé_Carioca

Seconding what posters said already but the most important thing is to make sure you pick/ pay extra for a preferred room, those are the closest to the lobby. Then its about theming as they are fairly similar. I personally prefer movies.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
We haven't stayed in value for several years but I was wondering what the status of the refurb was. We are looking at a few smaller trips this year that we just don't see doing the cabins for and we always loved movies! Good to know it's all done. Have they change the food at the food court? What make sir better? Never tried the others...just curious.

the food has always been 'meh' but I stayed at Music last November and walked over to Movies just because they had a better/wider selection.

ELG13

the food has always been 'meh' but I stayed at Music last November and walked over to Movies just because they had a better/wider selection.
Yeah I remember change chicken tenders and french fries...better than McDonald's but I'd compare it to something you'd get at a chain restaurant....only much more over priced lol.

Mickey5150

I take 2 70+ year olds to All-Star Sports every year for a week and they love it. It is the cheapest Disney hotel, usually a few dollars less than the other All-Stars and as others have said it's the 1st bus on the route whenever the buses are shared, which usually only happens outside of open and close.

Markiewong

For all of you who have stayed at the All Stars resort, which one would be best for me? I am 72, and will be 73, before I visit WDW in November. I can walk, but too much, will wear me out. I know my days at WDW will be less hectic than I was used to in my 50's and my 60's. I am on a tight budget this trip, looking to save money every where I can.
If Pop Century is not much more expensive, go for that one and take a preferred room. The skyliner is way more reliable than the busses and runs on a constant schedule instead of the busses. So you don’t have to worry about shared busses or long waits.

Dad 2 M & M

If Pop Century is not much more expensive, go for that one and take a preferred room. The skyliner is way more reliable than the busses and runs on a constant schedule instead of the busses. So you don’t have to worry about shared busses or long waits.
Just an FYI....Pop/AoA share buses more often than the All Stars do nowadays......the sharing INCREASED after the opening of the Skyliner

The Skyliner is great, but won't take you to AK or MK.....and the busing wait is tremendous at Pop/AoA for those two Parks.....especially at Park closing

Dad 2 M & M

I’d say a preferred room at Movies. We were just there in January. Our room was on the back side of Fantasia and we loved it. Close to the main area and very quiet. Plus the refurbished rooms are amazing. There is so much extra storage and we loved all the outlets and USB ports.
Movies is completely refurbished, Music is partly done, Sports won’t be started until Music is complete.
Music was almost complete in January.....and Country Fair was the only remaining BLDG(s) that the refurbs had yet to be started

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
My vacation is now officially booked, and I am excited to be staying at Movies. I enjoyed my four stays at Pop, but it will be nice/fun to try something new/different. I remember lots of times waiting for the Pop bus, and lots of All Stars buses went by. But isn't that always the case. It's always the other hotel, and not yours, when you are the most tired.

DisneyDreamer08

Music was almost complete in January.....and Country Fair was the only remaining BLDG(s) that the refurbs had yet to be started
I am in a group on Facebook for value resorts and the admins update the progress almost daily. The most current update was that 10, 9 and 8 were done and 7 and 6 were in progress. So anyone staying soon might just want to call to confirm if having a refurbed room is a priority 🤷‍♀️

mf1972

we’ve stayed multiple times at movies. haven’t been back to it since the refurb, but it’s a nice resort with a decent food court. i wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
Nice to hear good things about Movies, since I am booked there for the middle of November. Also good to hear that the refurb there has been completed. I am looking forward to my vacation.

Tony the Tigger

I prefer music, but...that's because I live for music LOL. And we typically have a car, so the bus situation is irrelevant.

I'd listen to the folks who know more about the more favorable logistics of the others.

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll get to take more trips in the near future, and I'll get to try out the other 2 All Stars hotels. Disney has so many differently themed hotels/resorts, and I've been lucky enough to sample quite a few of them. Some guests always stay at the same resort, and that's great if that's their style. Others want to stay at each and every one. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle. I stayed at Pop 4 times, and POR twice. The others were single visits. Cost has become a factor. I wish I had more vacation dollars, but it's fun planning, and even budgeting. Makes the visit more magical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom