Which All-Star Resort is Best?

monorail.blue

Hi everyone! I'm planning a short trip to WDW in late September/early October to catch the final showing of Reflections of Earth. Trying to keep costs down by booking one of the value resorts. I was hoping for Pop Century, but there doesn't seem to be any availability there for my dates. Which leads me to my question:

Which of the three All-Star Resorts is best, in terms of comfort, food quality (especially breakfast), and access to transportation?

I'll only be on property for 4 days total, so I'm not spending much time at the resort besides sleeping. Not travelling with any childnren, either. I stayed at All-Star Music over a decade ago, but have no experiences with Sports or Movies.

What are your thoughts?

micknminnie

I vote Movies. We stayed there our last two trips and loved it. I think breakfast at all of the All Stars will be the same standard Disney breakfast. The resort was quiet for us. We drove our own care so I cannot comment on transportation.

Upvote 0

Stinger

We stayed at Music last year and liked it . Food court is standard value resort food court . Nice pools and pool bar .
Good bus service and not to loud at night .

Upvote 0

Tom P.

Honestly, other than the fact that Movies has some of their buildings with refurbished rooms, I don't think you're going to find much difference in any of the areas you've mentioned between the All-Star resorts. I would suggest just picking the theme that appeals to you most and booking there.

Upvote 0

juniorthomas

Honestly, other than the fact that Movies has some of their buildings with refurbished rooms, I don't think you're going to find much difference in any of the areas you've mentioned between the All-Star resorts. I would suggest just picking the theme that appeals to you most and booking there.

The only differentiator would be if you're there when the All-Stars share buses. As long as each resort has it's own bus service, they are indeed interchangeable outside of theming.

Upvote 0

wendysue

We stayed at Sports one time and that was awful. Full of screaming and chanting teens with no supervision.

We then stayed at Movies twice with no problems and would go back there again. We had our own bus service.

Upvote 0

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
We've stayed at Sports and Music. I liked the theming of Sports better than Music. We had a family suite at Music last July which was nicer than adjoining rooms at Sports. Food quality was the same between the two. No problems with the bus service or out of control kids at either resort.

Upvote 0

ctcdisneymama

Stayed at both Sports and Movies and liked Movies a lot more. Rooms are updated in some of the buildings. We stayed in the Toy Story section and had a quick walk to the food court. Would suggest Movies over Sports, however they were both nice.

Upvote 0

piglet21

If I'm at an All Stars I tend to stay at Sports or Music.

That said, go on MDE and play around with your dates. I was just booking a trip for June 17-20 and trying to get a room at Pop; nothing was showing as available. I kept shifting the dates and when I put in June 16 - June 23, there was magically a room available. I booked it, paid my one night deposit, and then called Disney to change the dates (they will give you some bs about there not being a room available for those dates, even though you have a room booked that encompasses those dates, but they'll see what the managers can do - they've always been able to book it for me).

I noticed this started happening maybe 2 years ago? A cast member I spoke to said it was due to a new algorithm designed to fill the rooms the way Disney wants them (I don't know if that's true) and that it'll show no availability even when there is availability if you're not traveling on specific dates. Worth a shot!

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We stayed at all 3 and we tend to like Sports and Movies better. The only reason we choose Sports over Movies is usually when it's slow, sometimes the busses will go between the 3 All Star's at pick up and we prefer to be the first ones picked up so we can have a seat. It has only happened a couple times recently and mostly when it was midday and not a lot of people were at the bus stops. On returns to the hotel, each resort had their own bus.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Purely on a transportation basis, I'd vote Sports, despite the fact that is often loaded with teen groups. But if you are considering other things, Movies is the newest (though certainly not new).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom