Trip Report Wherever I go, she goes ***Completed***

03D648C3-8C73-4223-B529-F52BC6FB07A7.jpeg

(Here’s the pre-TR for anyone that would like it, otherwise I’m going to get right to it.)

I have enjoyed experiencing various “Disney firsts” on my previous trips but I don’t think I could have anticipated how different (in good and bad ways) a first Disney trip with a child would be.

I’m by no means a Disney expert but I’m certainly not a novice. I had naively assumed changing from a party of 2 to a party of 3 would be smooth given all of my past Disney experiences. I would say that wasn’t the case but that was as much due to some recent Disney changes as it was to lil BES.

star wars GIF

Buckle up and be sure to keep your arms and legs inside the TR.

Roller Coaster Adventure GIF by YoungerTV

Who:
  • Me (BES)
  • DH (Magician’s assistant in training)
  • Lil BES (our 19mo daughter. I briefly considered giving her first initial but I think it may be too easy to guess)
When:

February 3rd-9th 2023, will also be including Feb 2nd, our pre-travel day.

Where:

AoA Family Suites

Inspired by the GotG influence on the trip (and DH being a huge music nerd) I think I’d like to include a soundtrack with the TR as well. This TR is as much for me as for you all so I think it’ll be fun to look back at our current soundtrack someday. I’ll hide them in a spoiler tag though so it won’t be too annoying.

Before lil BES was born we often referred to her as Kid A. Don’t be worried- this is probably the “weirdest” song on this playlist. But lil BES is a weird kid so it’s fitting:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I don't remember ages but before my kids were 3 we were usually asked to have them out of the stroller to walk through security. Wasn't a problem for either kid so we didn't think anything of it.

ETA: Thinking more about it, for us the delineation may have been whether the kid was buckled in or not. When we stopped buckling security probably figured it was easy to ask for the kid to pop out.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Original Poster
They ask me to take LP out about half the time. And I always wear my feelings about it on my face :hilarious: It's not a big deal now, but during the trip when she was 2, it was VERY annoying.

For sure. At this age it’s a real roll of the dice if they’ll willingly go back in the stroller once they’ve tasted the sweet freedom of walking.

Especially considering the fact that they only let one parent go through the line with the stroller. 😒

That was super annoying. I did see people trying to bring like 6 people to accompany one adult in an ECV so stuff like that’s probably why they made that rule.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster
Saturday February 4th (Day 2) Continued:

We left the stroller behind and hopped on a train to Rafiki’s. Lil BES especially enjoyed watching the train come into the station.

DH does not like petting farms so lil BES and I went in while DH rested. Lil BES did touch a goat. The most thrilling part was the handwashing station at the end though.

0081E475-A27F-481F-A490-53A33BF6F997.jpeg

We looked at the animals inside and did a potty break. Someone had a dry diaper which was unusual for this point in the morning. My mom sense was a tinglin’ but DH assured me it was normal. Probably.

AE261107-F6D0-459D-A4B9-B411381B2D7D.jpeg

Before the loooong walk back to the train station I tried putting on the hip carrier. Not only did lil BES not want a ride, she was adamant that I take the whole thing off. “Off!! Off!!” 😑

DH asked if he could carry her. Lil BES declined this offer. I made the loooong walk back carrying her the usual way.

Next up was the Maharajah Jungle Trek. Lil BES was looking sleepy but was interested in “key-keys!” Sadly the only tiger we could find was hard for lil BES to see.

Not long after she started to sleep in her stroller. She’s a great stroller napper if you stay moving. It’s kinda like the movie Speed. We walked around while lil BES slept.

keanu reeves speed GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

When lil BES woke up we placed a mobile order for Satu’li Canteen. (Aka DH’s “you know that one place I like”)

We’re still trying to figure out meal sharing with a toddler. Sometimes she eats a ton. Sometimes not. We got a kid’s chicken bowl and an Ocean Moon bowl to split.

6A3B2822-01BA-47FF-B2FA-E148BDBF1B6F.jpeg

Both were very good. Lil BES ate a lot of the kid’s meal and DH wolfed down the Ocean bowl. I got the leftovers.

Next we were off to Dinoland USA for lil BES’s first “ride” ride.

Well not really “off to”. Lil BES wanted to walk. Then we spent a lot of time on this bridge playing with leaves.

AAA4A0A3-EA8B-4C78-A099-20AF7F835D36.jpeg

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Especially considering the fact that they only let one parent go through the line with the stroller. 😒
This mostly works out well for us because the nonstroller parent is usually through security by the time the stroller is inspected so it's rolled over to machine and our kids are able to quickly climb back aboard.

DH wolfed down the Ocean bowl.
I almost ordered the Ocean bowl. Wife and daughter were at a race expo while son and I were at AK, and at the time plan was for them to come to AK and we'd eventually eat at Tiffins for an ADR around 5:30. We didn't get to Satuli until about 1:30 so I went small for lunch and ate a kids meal, and then wife decided they weren't coming to AK so we canceled Tiffins. For a while I was annoyed because I could have gotten the Ocean bowl, but it worked out because we ate at Topolinos instead. I should probably just write a trip report. 😄

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster
This mostly works out well for us because the nonstroller parent is usually through security by the time the stroller is inspected so it's rolled over to machine and our kids are able to quickly climb back aboard.

I could see how that would be helpful then when lil BES is older. Now she doesn’t do many things quickly. 😂

I almost ordered the Ocean bowl. Wife and daughter were at a race expo while son and I were at AK, and at the time plan was for them to come to AK and we'd eventually eat at Tiffins for an ADR around 5:30. We didn't get to Satuli until about 1:30 so I went small for lunch and ate a kids meal, and then wife decided they weren't coming to AK so we canceled Tiffins. For a while I was annoyed because I could have gotten the Ocean bowl, but it worked out because we ate at Topolinos instead. I should probably just write a trip report. 😄

No Ocean Bowl and also no Tiffins. Double boo. 😕 What part I got to try of the Ocean Bowl was good.

And yes write a TR!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster

Eventually we made it to Dinoland USA.

F9F04B3C-9BA3-4943-9B49-AAE70C9429DD.jpeg

The TriceraTop Spin had a 20 min wait. Lil BES loved it. So much in fact that she was devastated when we had to get off. Full toddler meltdown devastated.

18C78C16-7DEE-4837-BC76-CC23BDCB0F56.jpeg

Lil BES and I immediately hopped in line again while DH… rested by the stroller?. 🤷🏻‍♀️

2E69213E-A6D5-4DEE-96E0-06952171D532.jpeg

When lil BES noticed the child behind us in line had ice cream I may have promised her we would get ice cream after we got off the ride. That worked. No meltdown after ride #2.

We completed our two rides in less than 30 minutes total. We split an ice cream at the first place we came across. DH picked strawberry which wouldn’t have been my first choice (chocolate) but it was incredibly good.

At this point we decided to head back to room. Got back about 2:30 to rest a bit. But I don’t recall any actual resting. Had another dry diaper check which was really starting to freak me out. (Perhaps this caused the lack of resting.)

Eventually we got ready to go out again and finally had a diaper to actually change. 🙌 It’s the little things that make your day as a parent. 😂

We grabbed some coffee from the food court and explored the resort. Soon enough it was time to hop on the Skyliner to head to dinner at the new hot WDW Magician spot- Sebastian’s Bistro.

As @Tuvalu mentioned recently the walk from the CBR Skyliner station to Sebastian’s is quite the hike. Luckily lil BES was in her stroller.

Our server, Joe, was fantastic. He was very knowledgeable and thoughtful. He and his helper made sure to place the dishes out of lil BES’s reach.

We ordered the plant based dinner. Joe asked some questions to see how strictly plant based we wanted it/needed it. (Not very 😂)

We did the plant based main dishes but the regular butters, dessert etc. To further perplex dear Joe I ordered the Marooned Pig Old Fashioned which had bacon.

1E94B486-AAC7-41C7-858C-618EE8A88CA4.jpeg

3F0B764E-E168-4942-B81D-3265BC102AA7.jpeg

Music snob DH was a little aghast at the music. At least some (maybe all?) were covers of songs sung by Sebastian himself. 😂

Something like “Octopus’s Garden” would start and DH would excitedly point out to lil BES that she knows that one…. and then Sebastian would start to sing. 😂😂😂

F23501E8-962D-4CA8-9376-13AFCB896437.jpeg

The food was great and lil BES did very well. Somehow we managed to convince lil BES to get in the stroller for the trip back to AoA.

On the trip back DH had a wonderful idea. He offered to put lil BES to bed and suggested that then I go back out to a park for the evening.

Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Which is better? You decide:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Music snob DH was a little aghast at the music. At least some (maybe all?) were covers of songs sung by Sebastian himself. 😂
There's a cassette from the 90s.

s-l1600.jpg

And apparently I had it and forgot about it. Years ago I told my wife about jamming to Sebastian singing 'Hot Hot Hot' and she said it was all my imagination because that wasn't on the Little Mermaid soundtrack. She was right about the soundtrack and it drove me nuts for years until I found the Sebastian cassette.

The Playlist is available on Spotify:

That send me down a rabbit hole where I found Sebastian's Caribbean Jamboree:

I felt vindicated because it featured 'Hot Hot Hot.' But then I found Sebastian's Party Gras and "Iko Iko" offended what was left of my New Orleans sensibilities.

Between all of that you should be able to put together the Sebastian's Bistro music for either a home date night or Lil BES dance party. Just skip Iko Iko.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster
There's a cassette from the 90s.

View attachment 703584

And apparently I had it and forgot about it. Years ago I told my wife about jamming to Sebastian singing 'Hot Hot Hot' and she said it was all my imagination because that wasn't on the Little Mermaid soundtrack. She was right about the soundtrack and it drove me nuts for years until I found the Sebastian cassette.

The Playlist is available on Spotify:

That send me down a rabbit hole where I found Sebastian's Caribbean Jamboree:

I felt vindicated because it featured 'Hot Hot Hot.' But then I found Sebastian's Party Gras and "Iko Iko" offended what was left of my New Orleans sensibilities.

Between all of that you should be able to put together the Sebastian's Bistro music for either a home date night or Lil BES dance party. Just skip Iko Iko.

Oh this is so excellent.

plotting episode 4 GIF

Looks like I’ve got some stuff to sneak into his Spotify playlists….

lindawdw

I'm finally here and loving your TR! So glad the flight went well and that you didn't have to hold as long as expected! It's stressful traveling with toddlers! Glad your day at AK was entertaining for LIL Bes. :)

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster
I'm finally here and loving your TR! So glad the flight went well and that you didn't have to hold as long as expected! It's stressful traveling with toddlers! Glad your day at AK was entertaining for LIL Bes. :)

Meeting Chance GIF

Toddlers do add a whole other level of chaos to traveling. We’re lucky that lil BES seems to be a good traveler.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster

Back at the room I helped DH start the bedtime procedures. I left as story time began. Once out of the room I had to finalize my decision on where to go. I had a bit of decision paralysis.

Cant Decide Fred Armisen GIF by IFC

My initial thought was MK as it was open latest and is so beautiful at night. But EP and HS had more things that I couldn’t do with lil BES.

In the end I went with my gut and hopped on a bus to MK.

PotC had a 15 min wait but was really a walk on.

Next up was BTMR in 20 min instead of the posted 40 min.

A back row nighttime ride? Yes please!

3DC28654-2449-46A2-9B4E-9BC427B93EBE.jpeg

I exited BMTR about 5 mins before fireworks and made a beeline for HM. It was also a walk on.

I decided that lil BES would like HM more than PotC if we had a chance to ride either.

094FB714-9F74-4725-BDDC-61B6005ED082.jpeg

Off to Dumbo next. Unsurprisingly also a walk on. Even though it’s just a spinner it’s still my favorite ride. Love it at night especially.

TTA had a posted wait of 5 mins and it was a legit 5 min. There was a broken car ahead of mine but no cone. 😕 I enjoyed the new narration. The guy kinda reminded me of a knock-off Paul Rudd.

Obligatory Tron pic:

84CAF967-9FE2-4493-A88F-11F68F58A726.jpeg

I really considered doing SM next. The wait then increased from 40 to 50 minutes. Then I conceded I was just to old and tired.

I decided to call it a night at this point.

Did a quick look in Emporium but it was too slammed to be enjoyable.

Don’t know how new they were but I thought the monorail /ferry light up signs CMs were holding were great.

The bus spot had a nice charter bus waiting and I was back at AoA by 9:25.

Sans lil BES and late at night was a great time to look at the hotel gift shop. What’d I buy? Dish soap.

When I told DH about the soap the next day he asked if it was 50th anniversary dish soap. 😂

I snuck back in our room without waking up lil BES. Managed to sneak a leftover roll from Sebastian’s too.

Our noisy neighbors were noisy again but took down party sign. 🤞that meant they were leaving soon.

A long but excellent day.

MickeyCB

The TriceraTop Spin had a 20 min wait. Lil BES loved it. So much in fact that she was devastated when we had to get off. Full toddler meltdown devastated.
I've been trying to talk the extended fam into a WDW trip in Oct. for our 40th anniversary and my daughter is putting the kibosh on it. Apparently little precious Una (crazy girl), didn't want to get on the little 5 min train ride at the Sacramento Zoo. Then wouldn't sit down, then threw a full lay on the ground hiss fit when she had to get off.
Aleisha told me she can't for one second picture Una tolerating anything at Disney this year.
I disagree but unless I kidnap the kid I'm not going to get my way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom