Where would you stay on a solo trip?

CheshireCat12

Original Poster
So I was thinking about solo trips (never taken one, would like to do it someday) and I was having trouble deciding where I would want to stay if I was all by myself. Where would YOU stay, and why? You decide whether cost is an issue :)

DisneyPrincess5

I think if I were to go alone, I'd stay at a value because I'd want to spend the least I could to still stay on property, but I'd be out of the room a lot so I wouldn't need fancy digs. IMO! Happy planning if you decide to do a solo trip.

DizneyPryncess

Hmmm...I think I'd go with POFQ. I couldn't stay on the BW, because I have too many memories with family there. I'd just miss them terribly. I'd probably spend some time lounging around the resort, just to relax & have alone time. So I'd have to pick a resort I like the grounds of, and that would be POFQ. Or maybe GF. One of those two. :)

JohnD

Value or moderate. You can also find good deals from sites such as Orbitz, Expedia, and Travelocity.

I've stayed at POFQ and All Star Sports. Stsying at CBR this weekend and CSR late May/early June.

Wannydis

I would stay at The Polynesian, a favorite of mine. I would feel safer there and not as alone. Plus, the monorail would make it quick and easy for a solo visitor.

Skibum1970

If budget oriented, I would stay at Fort Wilderness in my tent (wife hates camping). If no concerns over budget, I would stay at Wilderness Lodge (my favorite) or the Contemporary. To be honest, I would stay anywhere if it meant being able to go.

Lisalyn

I've stayed solo a couple times now. First time POFQ...Loved it! What a beautiful resort. Was in bldg 2 which was close to everything and thoroughly enjoyed it. I could do what I want when I wanted. 2nd time was POP. I love POP as a value. Specifically because it's a fun resort but most importantly it has its own bus system.

gibson12

Probably depends on your touring style. I don't go to Disney to relax, so I don't like to spend any extra money on resort amenities. I don't back to the room until I'm ready to drop.

Bowler Hat Girl

I did my first solo trip last week. Originally, I had booked the Swan and planned to spend park open to close at Epcot. Then I found I could stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge for nearly the same price and switched--and then spent half my time at the resort instead. I would do that again in a heartbeat. There's so much to do and see at AKL, and you can talk to the CMs and learn so much. Plus, the dining there is great. I did breakfast at the Mara and Boma and dinner at Boma and Jiko. It was a great experience. Conversely, I do think I could have been just as entertained at POR or POFQ. But unless you're normally a "park open to close" kind of person (and nothing wrong with that!), don't be afraid to spend some solo time at your resort and enjoy it. People at WDW are so fun to be around that you'll strike up conversations with fellow visitors and CMs wherever you go! Enjoy!:)

lilclerk

My first solo trip was at the Wilderness Lodge because it was only a few days, and I wanted interior corridors.
I've also done Pop and POR solo.
They were all great! I prefer longer trips though, so I'd probably go back to Pop next time I go solo.

pixiesteno

Did a solo trip once and stayed at ASMu resort as I had stayed there before and felt comfortable. As a woman traveling alone I think it is important to feel comfortable in your surroundings, I stayed on-site because I feel more comfortable on WDW property than I would have at a hotel off property. Now that we have a travel trailer I would probably take DH's pickup and the travel trailer to Fort Wilderness. As fond of FWC and WDW that DH is, I think that I would have a problem getting out of the driveway without him! My only concern would be backing it in at the site, I haven't had a lot of practice with backing it up (must be his way of keeping me from running off with the rig for a WDW vacation) ;). Seriously, I think with a solo trip this time I would try a new resort and just take my car.

Rugger099

Was in WDW for business back in September and decided to do a bit of a solo trip. I stayed at The Grand Floridian and POFQ. I highly recommend POFQ because it has a pleasant/easy going atmosphere. The Boardwalk also is another great solo trip experience considering it is in walking distance of Epcot.

slappy magoo

Were *I* to go solo, I'd probably go Value, not because I'd be in the parks open to close (though that's likely) but because I'd feel so guilty going without my wife and kids I'd figure the least I could do is go on the cheap.

If I didn't give a rat's a$$ about them, or if I were a parallel-universe Slappy who was single and ready to mingle, I'd probably go to AKL, Savannah view, and I'd have a rental car for driving to at least 3 of the parks (maybe bus it for MK), and also use it to drive to various lounges, the Boardwalk or the club at Coronado.

For the record, I do give a rat's a$$ about them.

jaklgreen

I go solo every Oct for the food and wine fest and I usually stay at POFQ(for budget reasons) plus it is a great resort. If money was no object then any of the deluxe resorts are awesome. I actually rented some DVC points for the first time this year and am going to do a split stay at POFQ and Beach Club Villas, which I am excited about since I spend most of my time at Epcot. I would figure out where you want to spend most of your time and go from there. If you can afford it I would stay at a deluxe.

acishere

Since I can't share the cost of the room with others, I would probably book a room at Pop. A double bed all for myself is perfectly fine.

pixargal

I would stay at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. I would go to the room off the entrance and curl up in a comfy chair in front of the fire and do some reading or Sudoku puzzles. If I were feeling energetic, then a jog on the trail heading to the campground. I have always wanted to take the tour of the Lodge, so I would do that, too.

jlsHouston

Wow these are all great ideas. I think I would stay at the WL or the POLY, although I wouldn't rule out the BW or BC/YC just because I love walking into EPCOT through the international gateway.
If I were really on a budget I would stay at CSR because that is what I consider a budget deluxe room at WDW and I love that resort.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I've gone solo a BUNCH of times. All I do is sleep in my room - I don't even use the pools. I stay at Pop Century to save $$

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom