Where was honey I shrunk the kids?

Dreaming of Disney World

I have many great memories of playing there. It was so much fun and made me feel like I had shrunk, unlike Toy Story Land.
Same. I LOVED the playground. I don't know why they had to get rid of it. It's a great spot to let kids run around and use up energy, plus the theme was really fun. There isn't a single place in Hollywood Studios for my young kids to get out of the stroller to play.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They couldn't have built around it?

That would reroute the tunnel entrance to Batuu. It would also mean the playground would be in backstage area. And, at the time, before Disney Plus, that IP was pretty much dead.

Now, a similar oversized-prop playground should have been built for Toy Story Land.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

I was thinking what are you talking about so searched it, I’ve ridden Splash Mountain many times over the years and I have never seen that little play area, ever. Weird.

LOL its hidden but I promise you walk right past it. Think when you exit and pass the bathrooms, right before the stairs up to frontier land its on the left hand side.

FettFan

Because it was in the way?

That would reroute the tunnel entrance to Batuu. It would also mean the playground would be in backstage area. And, at the time, before Disney Plus, that IP was pretty much dead.

oh, what could have been...

MV5BYzQ5MjliMmQtNTVhZC00OTVkLTk3ZjgtYjQwZWU2ZTU3NmIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjgyMDk1MzY@._V1_.jpg

honey-i-shrunk-the-kids-movie-set-adventure-gallery03.jpg

beachlover4444

We just pulled out pictures of our kids on this the other day. They got to ride the bee in the backstage tour too. Now my grandkids love the movies and wish they could play there.

emcarle27

What a memory! I remember 10 plus years ago, seeing the show at EPCOT and the feeling of mice running across my feet. Currently planning my first adult trip to Disney with soon to be husband for next year. Excited to see how much things have changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom