Where to watch a football game?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I'm looking at my calendar and realizing that the Eagles may be playing for the NFC championship on the weekend of Jan 18th when I'll be in Disney World. Are there any good places to watch a football game (not sports bars since I'll have my 10 year old son)?

Thanks!

tmp

Cancel your trip now - Tickets for the first playoff game go on sale Monday at the Vet. I'll get the tickets, you are paying of course, and we can watch the Birds go all the way to San Diego. Of course you could always just watch it from the ESPN zone at the boardwalk, but I suggest you cancel.

Upvote 0

Lee

Adventurer
I would have to reccomend the ESPN Zone at the Boardwalk. Sit in the restaraunt area and you will avoid the bar. I watched games in there last Sunday, and there were plenty of young kids present.

Plus, you get to see pretty much every game on their multitude of monitors.

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Originally posted by tmp
Cancel your trip now - Tickets for the first playoff game go on sale Monday at the Vet. I'll get the tickets, you are paying of course, and we can watch the Birds go all the way to San Diego. Of course you could always just watch it from the ESPN zone at the boardwalk, but I suggest you cancel.

:lol: :lol: You could probably talk me into it if it was anything but Disney World. I've never been to an ESPN zone. Are they kid friendly?

Good luck with the tickets. Make sure you take cash. They said on the news this morning they would only accept cash at the gate, but you can use a credit card through ticketmaster an hour after they start selling at the gate.

:wave:

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Originally posted by Lee
I would have to reccomend the ESPN Zone at the Boardwalk. Sit in the restaraunt area and you will avoid the bar. I watched games in there last Sunday, and there were plenty of young kids present.

Thanks Lee! You were posting this as I was asking this question. I'll probably try it.

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

tmp

I watched a playoff basketball game from ESPN a few years back and it was a good time the crowd really got into it. The ESPN club at the boardwalk is not like the ESPN Zone's in Baltimore and New York. The one at the boardwalk is more of a restaurant. It is very kid friendly and there are TVs EVERWHERE.

You can do to WDW anytime. When will the Eagles ever be this good again? They never have won a Super Bowl and I say you should stay. You just post your credit card number on this site and I'll buy the tickets through ticketmaster. Don't worry everybody here is very trust worthy, they won't use your card!

Upvote 0

yensid66

We watched the Super Bowl several years ago at the All Star Sports eating area, they set up HUGE screen tv. It was a great way to watch. And did not cost anything except of course for the food you can buy in the cafateria. They also set up a buffet for the Super Bowl crowd to eat from as well. I highly recommend doing that. A little less crowded feeling than the ESPN Zone.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I would probably go to the Lounge at the Polynesian. I know they have a big screen there that is always showing some sort of sporting event. It will also be less crowded than the ESPN Club.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by horizons1983
PLus, if the eagles make it to the superbowl, we might be booking the Waterfall Room Swan Caterers to watch the game. Ayone from philadelphia knows what i'm talking about..:animwink:

Now you got me curious! :veryconfu

Upvote 0

RandeB

Originally posted by Lee

IF the Iggles are in the championship, what other game would you need to watch while it's on?

Will be rooting hard for our Birds just down the road from the Meadowlands today.

Upvote 0

wild01ride

I agree with the ESPN Club replies! Never a dull moment in sports at the ESPN Club- one huge screen and something like 80 TV's around the place.
It's a place you can go with kids, grandparents, anyone and have a pleasant (albeit sports-crazy) atmosphere!

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Wow! Thanks everyone. I've been busy so this is the first chance I've had to check in for a while. I think I'll try the ESPN club, but it may depend on the timing of the game. I'm hoping it's a late game so I can get some good park time in and then have some dinner and watch the game.

Thanks to the Jets, it should be in Philadelphia if they make it to that round.

If there are any other Eagles fans who will be there that weekend, let me know.

:wave:

Upvote 0

TURKEY

I went to ESPN Club for some of the bowl games on the 30th.

A guy in front of me was complaining. There was a family of 9 in front of his group of 4. He wanted to know why he couldn't be seated (there were lots of tables open) before the family of 9 (eventually taking 2 tables).

The hostess explained it didn't work like that and it was first come first seated no matter the size of the parties if you want the non-smoking, big screen section. The bar is smoking and walk in and find a seat. She explained that there were 4 hour waits on Sunday 12-29-02.

I'd recommend getting to ESPN 1 hour before game time. It shouldn't be as crowded as it was on 12-29, but I would expect a decent size crowd for the championship games.

I went for the Giants/Ravens Super Bowl and got there about noon. They pack the place full. It was full by about 1 pm.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom