1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to Stay Summer 2018

Discussion in 'WDW Resort Hotels' started by disneyworlddad, May 12, 2017.

1. disneyworlddad

disneyworlddad Active Member

My wife and I are already starting to plan out our Disney Vacation for the summer of 2017. We will probably go The first or second week of June. We will be taking our 3 1/2 year old and a 1 and 2 months old. When we went with just out son who was 1 1/2 at the time we stayed at POFQ and loved it. Based upon that are there any other resorts you would recommend. Reasons we loved it - short walk to food court (beignets) and pool, quick bus ride to MK, quiet, relaxed feeling. I like to try new places but have no qualms about going back to POFQ. Do you think POFQ might be lower priced given all the rumored updates about Gondola transportation?

littleroo likes this.
  2. KrzyKtty

KrzyKtty Well-Known Member

Considering that trip is less than 30 days away, I would first start with resorts that have availability left.
    I don't think that the gondola will affect PORQ though, that is more Caribbean Beach and the Epcot Resorts.

Maybe try Riverside this time. That is where we are staying around the same time frame.

littleroo likes this.
  3. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

Are you planning your trip for 3-4 weeks from now (summer 2017) or do you mean summer 2018? Because if you mean June 2017, resort prices and discounts aren't going to change in the next few weeks. What you see is what you get.

littleroo likes this.
  4. DisneyJoe

DisneyJoe Well-Known Member

A month from now? You may find that availability is limited, call now.

littleroo likes this.
  5. BigRedDad

BigRedDad Well-Known Member

You are going to be limited to availability. I know there are a lot of resorts booked for week long stays. You may find 2-3 days, here, the others at another resort. With little ones, Values are always good. Mods, I would say POFQ or CSR.

littleroo likes this.
  6. disneyworlddad

disneyworlddad Active Member Original Poster

WHOOPS SUMMER 2018

littleroo likes this.
  7. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

We kinda like the Coronado Springs resort. Big, but if you request close by El Centro, that's where the food and drink venues are. Nice pools, too, and we experienced great bus service.

littleroo likes this.
  8. DisneyGirl3820

DisneyGirl3820 Well-Known Member

Boardwalk Villas maybe? Will allow you more space for your gang and the Boardwalk is so convenient to Epcot and great for just strolling around or taking the boat over to HS. We found it to be a great resort to come back to and just relax and unwind between the hectic park visits! Happy planning!

littleroo likes this.
  9. disneyworlddad

Isn't this resort geared more towards conferences?

littleroo likes this.
  10. disneyworlddad

I have thought of the Boardwalk, I know it is more than POFQ and I'm worried if it is loud with all the activity on the boardwalk? Granted I have never even been in this area before.

littleroo likes this.
  11. DisneyGirl3820

DisneyGirl3820 Well-Known Member

I thought the exact same thing when we booked there and was worried about a lot of noise and activity but it was great. When we would go out in the evenings to stroll on the Boardwalk it was really nice. Regarding the room, the "clown pool" is around there so that would be the only place where you might get the noise. Our room looked over at the Swan/Dolphin and no noise whatsoever because I specifically told asked them not to put us overlooking the "clown pool."

littleroo likes this.
  12. disneyworlddad

Thanks for the info and advice!

littleroo likes this.
  13. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

They have conventions and conferences, but it's big enough that one can be going on while you're there, and unless you run into them in the food court or bars, you'd never know it. We were there during a Redken sales rep convention, and we only saw them in the mornings as we were grabbing bites on our way to the parks.

14. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

The only people who talk about noise on the boardwalk are those with Boardwalk views - an those are hard to get if you are not an owner (it is its own booking category).

otherwise the Boardwalk is no noisier than POFQ - in fact I find POFQ to be one of the noisier resorts and from my experience the noisiest moderate.

Coronado is not geared towards conferences - not anymore than any of the deluxes are. I find it's more relaxed there than POFQ and the food options better IMO.

larryz likes this.
  15. disneyworlddad

So good places to request for stay at Coronado? how do you feel about the themeing there? What is it like?

16. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

The stay I remember for sure where we were, was in the Casitas in building 4. Made for a quicker walk to the bus stop. It was a nice walk (not too far) from El Centro and to the main pool. We were by the quiet pool too if we wanted to use that.

Family recently was in section 8B and that didn't seem too bad either. I believe 9B was demolished so I would avoid being near that for construction.

The theming in general was great. I loved our Casitas and the Cabanas - Casitas as a more old Spanish city feel while the Cabanas are more of a laid back beachy feel. Not as much of a fan of the Ranchos (southwest vibe) but that's a personal taste. The walks around the resort were nice and I didn't have a hard time finding anything. That was my issue with CBR, just felt more sprawling and harder to get around.

17. s&k'smom

s&k'smom Well-Known Member

having experienced traveling with little ones myself a loooong time ago I go with convenience. POQF is a great idea but if you can splurge maybe something with a bit more room like AKL or renting points for a DVC that would have a bit more in kitchen facilities.

18. disneyworlddad

The convenience of POFQ is what drew us there in the first place. And all we really need is a microwave and fridge. We eat a lot in the parks or at resorts. Breakfast we make oatmeal or have cereal. And sometimes warm up leftovers for a midnight snack.

s&k'smom likes this.
  19. disneyworlddad

Side question - who does everyone rent point through? Travel Agent? Some other agency? how does this work with ADR's and Fastpass reservations?

20. MotherofaPrincessLover

MotherofaPrincessLover Well-Known Member

I used David's Vacation Club Rentals. As far as ADRs and FPs, it's the same as booking a regular hotel room. Just make sure to link your reservation to your MDE profile.