Where to stay: BoardWalk Inn or Coronado Springs Resort?

CalicoJack97

Original Poster
Hello WDW community i've been looking at hotels that I've never stayed at on Disney property. I've heard nice things about the Boardwalk but very mixed emotions about Coronado Springs. Which hotel in your opinions is the best of the two and why. And also post a rating out of 10 of what you thought of the hotel!

TheOrangeBird01

I always try to get others to consider staying at Coronado Springs any chance I get! I love that resort so much, and although the Boardwalk is a very nice deluxe resort, I think the calmness of CS is part of why I love it so much. The rooms are cozy, the grounds are beautiful, and the pool is amazing.

I don't understand the bad rep CS gets, because I believe it's Disney's diamond in the rough resort. It's at the top of my moderate hotels list and I'd give it a solid 9/10 (-1 because I would prefer 2 sinks in the bathroom like the other moderates).

NiarrNDisney

You should check out @Buzz2001 Coronado Springs site, it gives you all the up to date information on CSR and honestly the pictures alone will change your mind on staying there. It truly is a beautiful resort, easily the best moderate and one of my favorites around proerty!

Though that being said the Boardwalk Resort is also a beautiful resort and out of the Deluxe resorts is one of my personal favorites so which ever you choose I'm sure you will be happy!

DisneyPrincess5

Coronado Springs is one of my all time favorite Disney resorts. Sadly, I have not stayed there in a few years because my mom now owns DVC and consistently and generously gifts us points to stay in studios for DH and my past many trips. Can't pass up a free resort stay! I am hoping that sometime in the future, CSR will add DVC so I can make a grand return.

Part of why I love WDW so much is because I love being in Florida and the Coronado really drives that feeling home for me from the grounds to the views, walking out your room door to a beautiful Florida morning-can't get much better than that! I have stayed at CSR many times and never once had a bad experience. Dining is great, love the lobby, very extensive store, unique pool, and friendly staff. The bus rides to each part aren't long.

PS @TheOrangeBird01 consider changing your score to a 10 because @Buzz2001 recently posted a link to photos in a different CSR thread of a two sink system new with the room rehabs! Finally!

I've stayed at Boardwalk Inn only once, in fact funny enough it was a split stay with Coronado, and it was lovely. The theming/decor are beautiful and transports you to a different world. In my opinion, the best thing about the Boardwalk is the location. Short walk to Epcot, short walk to all surrounding resorts, shops and restaurants, and boat to Epcot and DHS.

Epcotfan21

This isn't knock on Coronado, but the answer to this question is without a doubt Boardwalk. You can't beat the nighttime atmosphere, the choice of restaurants at the resort and being able to walk to Hollywood Studios or Epcot. In my opinion it's one of the best places to stay on all of Disney property.

DisneyJoe

I love love love Coronado, but all transportation is via bus unless you are driving. I'd give it an 8.75.

If I had to choose between those two resorts, I would choose Boardwalk (or Yacht/Beach) as the ability to walk to Epcot and Studios can't be beat. I give Boardwalk a 9 and Yacht/Beach a 10.

wannabeBelle

There is a rather large pricing difference between the two so that may be a deciding factor. That having been said Coronado is beautiful, but Boardwalk is a deluxe resort with more amenities and the location is great!! Marie

Dr.GrantSeeker

This is a hard one for me to decide on, we're not really comparing apples to apples here. (One being a moderate and the other a deluxe) I have stayed at both and love both of the resorts but they are so different in their own unique ways and have their own set of pros an cons.

CSR is a moderate so the price will be less expensive than BW. It is a much quieter location, being pretty much in the middle of nothing..(Which is one of the reasons I like it so much) The theming is beautiful and the rooms are cozy. There is an awesome pool and the grounds of the resort are awesome. I would say the dining is good, not great. While the grounds are beautiful, the resort is huge. Unless you have a car with you and can park at your building. It is a long walk to the main building if you are in any of the Ranchos buildings. I'm speaking for myself, but I never had any luck with the buses at this resort, found myself waiting for what seemed like eternity. (Yes, I know this can be an issue at any resort)

BW is a deluxe and therefore more expensive. But it is in walking distance to both Epcot and DHS and the Yacht and Beach Club (Which is awesome and beats the buses any day) The Boardwalk is definitely a more upbeat resort with much more foot traffic and things to do. It is gorgeous in my opinion and just feels like home. Dining on the BW is great! The Flying Fish is one of my favorite restaurants on property, and since they reopened, I like it even more. The Boardwalk itself comes alive at night with live entertainment and looks beautiful when all lit up. The nose coming from the Boardwalk can be bothersome if you have a room with a Boardwalk view and are an early to bed type person. I guess I don't have many negative things to say about the BW.

For me it really depends on what type of trip you are taking. I'll stay at CSR if its a budget trip and if its a family vacation, definitely the BW.
CSR I give an 8 because of transportation and just OK dining. The BW a 9 for proximity, dining, atmosphere and overall layout of the resort.
I would definitely stay that the Boardwalk!

SAV

If you are going to use the pool at Boardwalk, make sure you don't have a clown phobia.
Disneys-BoardWalk-Inn_Full_7884.jpg

We visited Boardwalk and our whole family preferred CSR's theming and feel over Boardwalk. But the location can't be beat.

Hockey89

This isn't knock on Coronado, but the answer to this question is without a doubt Boardwalk. You can't beat the nighttime atmosphere, the choice of restaurants at the resort and being able to walk to Hollywood Studios or Epcot. In my opinion it's one of the best places to stay on all of Disney property.
Could not agree more.... None are my favorite theme.... But walking to Epcot...MGM.... Places to eat.... Half way point to MK and AK.... You can't beat it IMHO

BigRedDad

Not fair to compare a Deluxe to a Moderate. It simply is not an apples to apples comparison. Boardwalk is a much nicer resort. However, it comes down to a cost difference and what you are looking for. BW allows for back entrance into Epcot and walk/Boat to DHS. The one problem with Epcot though is that you are behind the masses coming from the front. By the time we got to Soarin, there was a very big line. It is about 3-4 minute longer walk and the herds from the front are usually let in a few minutes early.

drcasey

I'm not sure why anyone would recommend csr over the boardwalk. This is a no brainer. BOARDWALK!! You literally cannot beat the location! Short easy walk to the world showcase, short boat ride to Hollywood studios. Right on the water. Fabulous bus service. Oh my gosh I could go on and on. Don't give this a second thought!

DiSnEyF@n

Agree 100%

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom