Where to send a complaint?

LSonDubz

Hey all,

I just got back from a recent 4 day trip to Orlando, and I was wondering if anyone had an address as to where I could write a complaint letter about my stay? Any help would be appreciated.

As I'm sure it'll be asked, here is a brief summary ;)

Went up with my girlfriend for our 1 yr anniversary, stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside. Got back to our room at around 1am from goign to Downtown Disney seeing a movie and whatnot, went to shower and found hair all over the bathtub, looked as if it hadn't been cleaned. Well to top that off when my girlfriend pulled down the comforter on one of the beds to lay down, there were what appeared to be 3 blood stains on the pillow case.

I called the desk and they sent a housekeeping manager over, and her response to me was SORRY.... SORRY? I just found blood on my pillow case and hair in my bathtub.

I'm hardly the type to ask for free stuff, but In the past 8 months, I have been to and stayed at a disney resort ranging from the Grand Floridan to the Carribean, a total of 6 times and this was unacceptable.

Enderikari

How about sending complaints to where they are actually supposed to go?

Try

wdw.guest.communications@disney.com

Be sure to include as information the nature of the complaint, as well as your

Name:
Address:
Telephone Number:
E-Mail Address:

And also what method you would prefer to be contacted back in concerning your complaint.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

TAC said:
My wife thinks I am crazy, but when we get in our room and before we start to unpack, I pull the bed spread and blanket down and do a cursory check of the bed, and the bathroom. If you do that then, and you find a problem, go back down to the front desk, explain the problem, you have a better shot at getting a different room. If you do this say after 8 (when everyone has probably checked in for the night) you may not be able to get a different room.

I am in no way putting LSonDubz down, because everyone expects a clean room, but as a general rule, whenever I travel, I do a cursory check.

One time, on business travel, with my boss, (years ago, when I was in college and working part time) he told me to do that, and we found a large pea stain in one of the beds. We were able to get a different room. We were lucky, because if the hotel didn't change the sheets, then someone was going to be sleeping in a pea stain. (We were at a convention, so the hotel was booked).
Very good advice.

Check out your room as soon as you arrive. I know you may want to just C/I and head to the parks, but it won't hurt to run by the room for a few minutes and check it out. If something happens to be wrong, then it's much easier to fix then, rather than just discover it when you return late at night.

Check-in earlier in the day if possible. Earliest you can C/I is 7 am. WDW always tries to get you a ready room if possible. Most rooms are ready by 3 pm. Some rooms for whatever reason still won't be.

Checking in earlier in the day also helps you get your requests (bldg., floor, view, etc) rather than arriving late at night when you might just be stuck with what you've been assigned, even if you get none of your requests, just because someone arrived earlier in the day got your room you wanted.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

yes i do the same in with the bathroom check..uh i hate seeing hair ...espspecially when i know the hair is not mine!! is'nt it sad that we hAVE TO DO THESE THIngs? i mean we are staying at disney you would think that that place if any would be close to perfection than others...but oh well what can you do they are human...i guess, and the place is huge...resorts and all..but still.. please complain...

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

TURKEY said:
Very good advice.

Check out your room as soon as you arrive. I know you may want to just C/I and head to the parks, but it won't hurt to run by the room for a few minutes and check it out. If something happens to be wrong, then it's much easier to fix then, rather than just discover it when you return late at night.

Check-in earlier in the day if possible. Earliest you can C/I is 7 am. WDW always tries to get you a ready room if possible. Most rooms are ready by 3 pm. Some rooms for whatever reason still won't be.

Checking in earlier in the day also helps you get your requests (bldg., floor, view, etc) rather than arriving late at night when you might just be stuck with what you've been assigned, even if you get none of your requests, just because someone arrived earlier in the day got your room you wanted.

Agreed. People used to check in at the Contemporary at 1:30 am and then complain that they were in a room that was far away from everything or didn't have a view. It's unfortunate that all the rooms can't be identical, but there are a few in every resort that are kind of stinky, let's face it. And the once-over of the room at C/I is a great idea...We all want sparkly clean rooms, but some times stuff just happens...It's icky, I agree. :zipit:
Great suggestions, Turk. You're so wise. :D

Upvote 0

Scooter

I don't understand...what was wrong with the Custodial Manager's "I'm sorry"

Seems to me that I'm sorry would have been sufficiant.

My wife and I had a shower head that didn't work in one of The Contemporary Tower rooms. It was a 12th floor Concierge room.

We called the front desk and they said "I'm sorry" and sent Maintanace to fix it.

Problem solved..the shower was fixed..everything was OK.

Maybe I'm wrong.
Should I have written Disney a Complaint letter too? :veryconfu

Upvote 0

fillerup

Good advice all the way around in this thread.

But some things nobody might want to hear, having spent most of my adult life in the hotel industry, 3 star or better.

Most people won't want to know how seldom blankets & bedspreads & pillows are dry cleaned, carpets shampooed, or bathroom floors thoroughly sanitized.

So by the time you lay your weary body down at night, the sheets are undoubtedly clean, but you're sharing the rest of the bedding with a few hundred strangers.

Not trying to gross anyone out, but just thought I'd mention it.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I'm sure what fillerup said is true of every hotel.

If this really nauseates you, then you need to seriously consider an RV, so you know that any hair you find is yours. (and you can take your dog, .........but that's another thread)

Every so often this topic rears its head around here. This type of revelation is also common during local newscast sweeps weeks. (Is there fecal matter on that salt shaker?? Details at 10!!)

After all the hand-wringing and paranoia is over, no one really answers the important question: How many healthy people actually get sick from these kinds of surface contaminants?

This is no way excuses any hotel from renting a room with hair in the tub or blood on the sheets. When I check into any room, I have the expectation that the room is clean.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

I know how people feel. I would like to know that I am in a "clean" hotel room where ever I stay...and I do know that most hotels try to make it decent. But I know that most hotels aren't as clean as we'd like them to be. My boyfriend works at a hotel and just from helping out with the laundry, I sometimes wonder what on earth people are doing with washclothes and towels. There are some weird stains that just don't come out. My tip is never look too closely at towels...otherwise you might see something you don't want to! :lookaroun

Upvote 0

zone15int

LSonDubz said:
I called the desk and they sent a housekeeping manager over, and her response to me was SORRY.... SORRY? I just found blood on my pillow case and hair in my bathtub.

I'm not trying to bust on you in any way but did they clean up the hair and replace the pillows and pillowcases?? If so, whats wrong with the manager apologizing? Would you rather have them give you excuses. Most people hate when people give them excuses for why something is done incorrectly. Would you rather have been given the "runaround" and not have a manager sent to speak to you. Just wondering.....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom