Where to rent close to Disney/Universal

riogirl

Original Poster
We are planning on renting a house but want to be close enough to the parks to get there easily and fairly quick. I have been researching a few communities and would love feedback and/or advice on the following: Reunion; Storey Lake: Compass Bay; Encantada?

Are these communities close by and have easy access to the parks? shopping? restaurants? grocery?

I would appreciate all advice before I commit to renting. Thank you

Dwey

We have been staying at Champions Gate resort, new houses. Very nice pool area with all amenities. PUblix is 5 min away, everything is close. 15 min to animal kingdom and a good shortcut off 192.
Also we just looked at a brand new resort ,Windom at Westside. Some what smaller than CG but ok. We may stay there this time around.

These houses are in a Rental program, the agent we use is Global Resorts. There are others. Check out their website, it will give availability and prices on all units.
Let me know if you want more info, I know the area pretty well.

riogirl

Original Poster
We have been staying at Champions Gate resort, new houses. Very nice pool area with all amenities. PUblix is 5 min away, everything is close. 15 min to animal kingdom and a good shortcut off 192.
Also we just looked at a brand new resort ,Windom at Westside. Some what smaller than CG but ok. We may stay there this time around.

These houses are in a Rental program, the agent we use is Global Resorts. There are others. Check out their website, it will give availability and prices on all units.
Let me know if you want more info, I know the area pretty well.
Thank you for the info..is there any other closer communities? I think 15 to animal kingdom is pretty far especially since the magic kingdom is way farther. Thanks

Figgy1

Premium Member
We've been staying in Emerald Lakes lately and love it it's about 5 or 7 minutes to World Drive. Hope that helps

Rebel_

We are another group that loves Champions Gate.
We have been renting in the WDW area since 2003, but the last two trips found us in the same house in Champions Gate. I love the access to 1-4 and we could be in and out of WDW quickly.
If you have any questions feel free to PM me. We've rented many times.

Rebel_

I will add our second favorite area is Glenbrook.

Don't let perceived distance deter you. Unofficial Guide has a nice time table in their books and any of the aforementioned communities in this thread are very quick hops to WDW.

Jacklyn

We stay at Windsor hills, it's abut 10 mins from the parks, maybe even a bit less. Also close to a publix, 5 or so mins away. We love it there, lots of different size properties to choose from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom