1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to rent close to Disney/Universal

Discussion in 'Vacation Homes and Villas' started by riogirl, Jan 16, 2017.

1. riogirl

riogirl Active Member

We are planning on renting a house but want to be close enough to the parks to get there easily and fairly quick. I have been researching a few communities and would love feedback and/or advice on the following: Reunion; Storey Lake: Compass Bay; Encantada?

Are these communities close by and have easy access to the parks? shopping? restaurants? grocery?

I would appreciate all advice before I commit to renting. Thank you

2. Dwey

Dwey New Member

We have been staying at Champions Gate resort, new houses. Very nice pool area with all amenities. PUblix is 5 min away, everything is close. 15 min to animal kingdom and a good shortcut off 192.
    Also we just looked at a brand new resort ,Windom at Westside. Some what smaller than CG but ok. We may stay there this time around.

These houses are in a Rental program, the agent we use is Global Resorts. There are others. Check out their website, it will give availability and prices on all units.
    Let me know if you want more info, I know the area pretty well.

3. riogirl

riogirl Active Member Original Poster

Thank you for the info..is there any other closer communities? I think 15 to animal kingdom is pretty far especially since the magic kingdom is way farther. Thanks

4. figmentfan423

figmentfan423 Well-Known Member

We've been staying in Emerald Lakes lately and love it it's about 5 or 7 minutes to World Drive. Hope that helps

5. Rebel_

Rebel_ Member

We are another group that loves Champions Gate.
    We have been renting in the WDW area since 2003, but the last two trips found us in the same house in Champions Gate. I love the access to 1-4 and we could be in and out of WDW quickly.
    If you have any questions feel free to PM me. We've rented many times.

6. Rebel_

Rebel_ Member

I will add our second favorite area is Glenbrook.

Don't let perceived distance deter you. Unofficial Guide has a nice time table in their books and any of the aforementioned communities in this thread are very quick hops to WDW.

7. Jacklyn

Jacklyn Member

We stay at Windsor hills, it's abut 10 mins from the parks, maybe even a bit less. Also close to a publix, 5 or so mins away. We love it there, lots of different size properties to choose from.

Rebel_ and figmentfan423 like this.