Where to go

Epcot is my fav

Original Poster
Hey guys, I am going to WDW in late April for a week and I want to pick a few restaurants to eat lunch and dinner. I would like some suggestions for 2 lunches and 2 dinners that I could go to with my significant other. I would like to make the reservations now, so any suggestions would be great. Thanks :)

Tinkerbell 8

Hmm, finding a reservation might be a difficult task seeing as its only a few months away. You might have be flexible with your times, for dinner your best bet would be either early (around 4) or later (after 7:30) so this might cause an issue with seeing fireworks/shows. For lunch I would go with 50's prime time or crystal palace. For dinner i would suggest looking at resort restaurants like Cape May Cafe, Garden Grove (not on DDP), or maybe if your lucky somewhere in one of the countries in Epcot. Reservations are hard to come by, so good luck and try to be flexible.

mickeysshoes

Great place for dinner would be Ragland Road and you should not have problem with ADR..if they say they are booked you can always just eat at the bar!!!! Great bartendars there!!!

Epcot is my fav

Original Poster
Hmm, finding a reservation might be a difficult task seeing as its only a few months away. You might have be flexible with your times, for dinner your best bet would be either early (around 4) or later (after 7:30) so this might cause an issue with seeing fireworks/shows. For lunch I would go with 50's prime time or crystal palace. For dinner i would suggest looking at resort restaurants like Cape May Cafe, Garden Grove (not on DDP), or maybe if your lucky somewhere in one of the countries in Epcot. Reservations are hard to come by, so good luck and try to be flexible.

I looked online yesterday, there are plenty of openings almost everywhere so I am not worried about that. I kinda want to go somewhere I have never been before, 50's prime time is eh. Have you or anyone ever been to any of the Animal Kingdom Lodge restaurants?

travelgip

In Epcot I never miss the Biergarten in Germany and Fish n'chips in England!
One of my favorite restaurants is in the Wilderness Lodge - Whispering Canyon Cafe - It is a totally good time and food is quite good. Enjoy:slurp:

wdwfan100

One of places we love to have lunch is at the Earl of sandwich at DTD. Its not fancy. But the food is great and the prices are very reasonable.

EvilQueen-T

teppan edo has decent food in epcot as well and is generally not hard to get a reservation. also would look at the wave (contemporary), citricos (gf LOVE this place), or flying fish (on boardwalk and one of our not to miss). the places on the boardwalk are usually easy to get into as they're off the beaten path but if you're at epcot or dhs it's just a short walk over.

Mukta

Do you have any food preferences or restrictions?

The Signature restaurants are always a great choice. Great quality of food and service.

California Grill, Jiko, Artist's Point, Citricos etc.

wdwfan100

Yeah, we have one in our mall it is very good.

That would be awesome to have one so close. Of course it would loose some of its novelty that way as well. Another place we like quite a bit is beaches and cream at the beach club. It is probably a good idea to get ADR's for peak times here though.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
What are your thoughts on the Brown Derby and/or the steakhouse in Canada?

I have been to both. If you can get a ressie at Le Cellier, then take it. But these are hard to come by even if you make your ADR's at the 180 day mark. Brown Derby is also very good - DH and I like to go for lunch and did go once for a nice dinner. That being said, there are other places that I would go first. Our favorite places to dine are the following:

Rose and Crown
Le Cellier
California Grill (signature dining experience
Yak and Yeti (either counter or table service)
Pizza Planet (counter service)
El Pirate (seasonal and they are changing the name)
Les Chefs de France
Crystal Palace

Those are our faves.

Happy planning!

Epcot is my fav

Original Poster
I have been to both. If you can get a ressie at Le Cellier, then take it. But these are hard to come by even if you make your ADR's at the 180 day mark. Brown Derby is also very good - DH and I like to go for lunch and did go once for a nice dinner. That being said, there are other places that I would go first. Our favorite places to dine are the following:

Rose and Crown
Le Cellier
California Grill (signature dining experience
Yak and Yeti (either counter or table service)
Pizza Planet (counter service)
El Pirate (seasonal and they are changing the name)
Les Chefs de France
Crystal Palace

Those are our faves.

Happy planning!

Yeah I got a reservation for Le Cellier for lunch and Brown Derby for Dinner on Easter....I was just wondering what else everyone thought. We did Rose and Crown during Thanksgiving when we were there so I wanted to change it up. We will be there for the last week in April, so it was not that long ago. What is El Pirate, what type of food?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Yeah I got a reservation for Le Cellier for lunch and Brown Derby for Dinner on Easter....I was just wondering what else everyone thought. We did Rose and Crown during Thanksgiving when we were there so I wanted to change it up. We will be there for the last week in April, so it was not that long ago. What is El Pirate, what type of food?

Hey there,

El Pirate is the seasonal Mexican style counter service restaurant. We like it b/c it changes up the typical burgers and hot dogs. We really enjoy it a lot. :slurp:

bmarkelon

I looked online yesterday, there are plenty of openings almost everywhere so I am not worried about that. I kinda want to go somewhere I have never been before, 50's prime time is eh. Have you or anyone ever been to any of the Animal Kingdom Lodge restaurants?
Jiko is amazing, one of the best signatures IMO and great service. Boma is great too, all you can eat, great atmosphere. We almost always do one of these just to get over to AKL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom