Where to find cheap flights?

JohnnyDollaz89

Original Poster
im coming from NY to Orlando in April and every flight round trip is no less then $550 does anybody know a site where i can find a cheap round flight, non stop flight for less than that for 5 people?

Nemo14

Can you fly out of Islip? SW has some reasonable non-stop fares from there . What dates are you looking for?

Rob562

Try checking out www.kayak.com
They'll show you fares for all major airlines except Southwest, as well as check other travel sites like Expedia and Orbitz to see if they're offering any specials.

-Rob

Nemo14

we live on Long Island, closests airports are Kennedy and Lauguardi, were looking to go the 17th-23rd of April
My son goes to school at Hofstra so I understand that Islip could be way out of your way, (I know it is for him) but for the savings it might be worth checking.

ddbowdoin

Try checking out www.kayak.com
They'll show you fares for all major airlines except Southwest, as well as check other travel sites like Expedia and Orbitz to see if they're offering any specials.

-Rob

if you have a big screen Kayak is the way to go, otherwise it can get a little messy if you're working on a 13 inch laptop.

mousefan1972

I just checked Southwest - it's about $500 RT from Islip - what is going on that week?!

That is school vacation week for NY, RI, MA, and CT public schools. It is also the week before Easter. (Easter is 4/24 this year)

I hate to be a downer, but I don't think the OP is going to find any good airfare deals. This is our 3rd consecutive year going to Disney during that week, and I've learned to book on Southwest the second (literally) they open flights for purchase. The prices only go up from there. Sorry. :(

njDizFan

$323 out of Newark with 1 stop (delta)
$381 out of Atlantic city 1 stop(airtrain)
$450 out of Atlantic City-non stop

quite a hike from Long Island but extend your trip a night and hand out in AC for a day.

slappy magoo

we live on Long Island, closests airports are Kennedy and Lauguardi, were looking to go the 17th-23rd of April

April is always an expensive month for travel, especially the closer you get to Easter/Spring Break time, which is when you're traveling. If money is really tight - but time is not - consider Amtrak. My wife and baby & I did it a few years ago, taking the Autotrain from Lorton, VA (four hour drive from the NJ shore) to Sanford, FL (about an hour from WDW). Despite our jitters when it came to traveling with an infant at the time, I'd do it again. Granted you could take the train from Penn Station or plenty of other places, but the nice thing about taking the Autotrain is that you travel with your car in storage, so you can pack it to the gills if you need to. No worries about extra luggage fees. If you want to bring some groceries, you can. We packed two strollers and our baby's pack-n-play as well as plenty of diapers. Brought what we needed on the train, left the rest in the car (well, we did bring more out of the car then we needed, mistakes for the newbies). Splurged on a private cabin with private bathroom. On the Autotrain, full dinner, bottled waters and continental breakfast are included, there's a lounge car, plenty of AC outlets for laptops or portable entertainment options. No worries about extra bags for souvenirs on the way home, just stow it in the car. And at the time, when gas prices were skyrocketing, it wasn't much more than airfare plus a rental car (especially when you factor in how much more we would've spent on extra baggage fees each way). Sure it's not as fast as the plane, but look at it this way; once you're at WDW, you'll probably be on the go every single day. This is a chance to decompress, spend some time together looking forward to the trip. Enjoy the journey and the destination.

Oh, and no one from the TSA is looking for explosives up in your sac, either.

Todd L

Im From long island also and Have flow Out of Jfk, Laguardia and Islip. I Swear by southwest at Islip..no-nonsense, and reasonable prices...You may be too close at This point to get a Good price . Good Luck.

JohnnyDollaz89

Original Poster
thanks man but we changed our trip to July 8th and go our round trip flights from JFK on Jet Blue at 6AM for 297 a ticket which wasnt bad at all

Todd L

thanks man but we changed our trip to July 8th and go our round trip flights from JFK on Jet Blue at 6AM for 297 a ticket which wasnt bad at all

I went last July 8th!!! Great weather and I have taken that 6a.m. Jet blue flight too...youll be there soooooooo early...have a great Time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom