Where to eat the night we go to MNSSHP?

disneygirl1

Original Poster
Hi all, have a quick question, we are having a hard time decided where to go for dinner the night we go to MNSSHP. It is either between Whispering Canyon or 1900 Park Fare. Regardless we are going to eat at both places while we are there, but just trying to think which one would be quicker so we can get to the party. Also, we are planning on going to AK that day, heading back to the hotel to get ready for the party then off the dinner. What time do you think we should make our ressies for? Hoping to be at the party around 630-7p. Appreciate your help everyone!

wdwfan100

I am partial to the whispering canyon. I enjoy the atmosphere and the food is quite good. Plus it is a nice boat ride from there. I believe that 1900 PF is a character meal. So if that is important to you than perhaps you should eat there. Other wise WC is the place to eat imop. If you have an figure about 30 min for travle from the boat dock to MK, and allow about 45-60 min for dinner. So if you want to be there by 6:30 or 7, plan your ADR for 5-5:30. That is my best guess

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If quickness is needed avoid WCC at all costs. Any meal there seems to take a good while. Personally, I would loot to do some sort of quick service either at your resort or the park as time always seem to be an issue when getting ready for MNSSHP.

Fe Maiden

We always found having a late sit-down lunch and then CS for dinner worked the best for MNSSHP. We'd get over to the MK without rushing and enjoy the night.

yankspy

We always found having a late sit-down lunch and then CS for dinner worked the best for MNSSHP. We'd get over to the MK without rushing and enjoy the night.
This is what we are doing. We are going to eat at WCC at around 3:00 so we can get into the park at about 5:00. We may just skip the CS later. Those skillets go a long way.:slurp:

happymom52003

We've done it both ways....a sit down meal before a party, or either counter service or room service. For us, doing something quick or ordering room service at our hotel while we were getting ready worked out better on party nights.

But if you really want to do a sit down, I agree with others that 1900 would be faster than WCC.

Whichever you choose, do it early...you don't want to waste party time eating.

bcornette

If the rumor of the characters coming back to LTT are true, I would recommend the earliest Dinner at LTT. You are already in the park and the characters in halloween costumes get you in the MNSSHP mood.
Plus the food is really good.

disneygirl1

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I am now thinking that a late lunch might just be the way to go. Appreciate your help.

ThinkTink721

Hi all, have a quick question, we are having a hard time decided where to go for dinner the night we go to MNSSHP. It is either between Whispering Canyon or 1900 Park Fare. Regardless we are going to eat at both places while we are there, but just trying to think which one would be quicker so we can get to the party. Also, we are planning on going to AK that day, heading back to the hotel to get ready for the party then off the dinner. What time do you think we should make our ressies for? Hoping to be at the party around 630-7p. Appreciate your help everyone!

I would make the reservations for the earliest possible dinner time.
Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, or Ohana's would be good choices if you need to get to the MK quickly after your meal.
You can get to the MK by monorail.
1900 Park Fare would be the closest.
Whispering Canyon requires a bus ride or a boat ride to the MK if you are using WDW transportation.
Hope this helps! :wave:

coltow

If the rumor of the characters coming back to LTT are true, I would recommend the earliest Dinner at LTT. You are already in the park and the characters in halloween costumes get you in the MNSSHP mood.
Plus the food is really good.
WHAT? I haven't heard this.
Regardless our plan is exactly this the earliest dinner ADR we can get at Liberty Tree. I'm hoping for 4:30-5:00 that way we are in the park and tummies are full before party starts.

If I were picking between the other 2 though I'd probably pick 1900 because of buffet, the food is already there and so it should be quicker. That being said, if I couldn't get and ADR before 5:30 I'd plan something else. You will 100% not want to miss out on one second of the party ticket you've paid for.

lbrad

DH & I did the MVMCP this Dec. We ate at Tony's Town Square. We were able to enter the MK early (at 4pm) for our 4:30 ressie. Our tummies were satisfied before the party began...We had a magical evening:)
I would recommend LTT too...that way you are already in the park:sohappy:

slappy magoo

Thanks everyone. I am now thinking that a late lunch might just be the way to go. Appreciate your help.

That's what we did last year before going to the Very Merry Christmas Party. We had reservations for Whispering Canyon at 2:30, finished around 3:30, were at the Magic Kingdom shortly after 4pm, which is when you can enter using your MVMCP. Later that night, we grabbed a burger when we were finally hungry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom